Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

LeCharles Bentley should be our top FA target

He wants out of NO...and he can play Guard at a Pro-Bowl level. We should sign him as a Guard to replace Goldberg. And think about it, if Birk has injury problems, we can just start Bentley as our center and he would be awesome.

My only concern with Bentley is that he showed up 40 lbs overweight, but when he's in game shape he's a dominating player, and I think with a new team that focuses on o-line play he could be that kind of guy.

I still think we should target a G in the draft, but Bentley would really shore up our interior line.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

ancoin is offline Starter

Re: LeCharles Bentley should be our top FA target

good ide but i will like Steve Hutchinson more!!

Thank to Lotza

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Both of those guys would be great additions, although I see a bigger problem at RT. It also depends on whether or not we re-sign Toniu Fonoti.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Both of those guys would be great additions, although I see a bigger problem at RT. It also depends on whether or not we re-sign Toniu Fonoti.
    That's a good point, and I do think we should sign Fonoti to a longer contract. But we need him to be in better shape. I think this will happen with Childress who seems very focused on o-line play.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

We don't need a RT Marcus Johnson can play the position and he will have a year under his belt to help him out and if we can't get Hutchinson I think we should just work with the guys on our roster this year I don't like moving a guy who played center out to guard.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

iluvbigtds is offline Rookie

"ancoin" wrote:
    We're not going to get Hutchinson. The Seahawks are about 20 million under the cap and if you scroll Seahawks message boards, it seems to be a forgone conclusion that they'll resign him.

Bentley would be a great pickup though, he's every bit of a player that Hutch is and is younger and probably cheaper.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    That's a good point, and I do think we should sign Fonoti to a longer contract. But we need him to be in better shape. I think this will happen with Childress who seems very focused on o-line play.
    I think we'll probably sign him to a 1-year contract. He's not going to want to go into free agency after the year he just had where he played about 3 snaps. We could get him for a bargain this year, have him play out his contract and then see what happens, and let someone like Johnson or Goldberg get another year to improve, or possibly draft another G.

At RT I think we're gonna have Anthony Herrerra. He's played pretty well and I think could develop into a solid player. He's sure got the intensity.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"FuadFan" wrote:
    We don't need a RT Marcus Johnson can play the position and he will have a year under his belt to help him out and if we can't get Hutchinson I think we should just work with the guys on our roster this year I don't like moving a guy who played center out to guard.
    From what I've seen, MJ looks way better at guard than at tackle - I would like to see him develop as a guard rather than get him to play a new position he's not really suited for.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"iluvbigtds" wrote:
    "ancoin" wrote:
    We're not going to get Hutchinson. The Seahawks are about 20 million under the cap and if you scroll Seahawks message boards, it seems to be a forgone conclusion that they'll resign him.

Bentley would be a great pickup though, he's every bit of a player that Hutch is and is younger and probably cheaper.
    They will have to spend probably 15 million or more of that on giving a signing bonus to Shaun Alexander and get him locked up long term so that may allow other teams to go after him and as I said earlier I don't like counting on moving a center to guard as an improvement to our O-line.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I would like to draft OG Max Jean-Gilles with our first round pick, if availeble - he's a stud..

But depends on both Johnson and Fonoti situation

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast