Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Latest Minnesota Vikings News and Speculation

Nice link that has 3 very nice articles in it.

I for one don't think we would be reaching that high if we take Locker at 12. Heck, I'm not even sure, at this point, Locker gets to us at 12.

Judging by the visits he's been on, if he does get past us, Miami won't let him slide nor will Seattle if he gets that far, which I don't think he will.

In the end, defense would be nice, but I think its gonna be a QB at 12 and Locker seems to be the guy right now.

Mallet head just doesn't fit the scheme IMHO because of his mobility issues. Truth is, I see Mallet slipping well into the second round with guys like Dalton, Stanzi, Ponder and Kap going before he does.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Re: Latest Minnesota Vikings News and Speculation

I wish I remember the teams off the top of my head, but there were at least 3 teams who after interviews with Mallet said he answered there questions just fine and he seems to have no problems. This might mean Mallet may be gone in the first.
    None

Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1093138
    I wish I remember the teams off the top of my head, but there were at least 3 teams who after interviews with Mallet said he answered there questions just fine and he seems to have no problems. This might mean Mallet may be gone in the first.
    I think he could as well. Problem with Mallet, atleast for me, is his lack of athleticism.

People say, well Brady and Peyton are slow, but if you look at Mallets numbers next to theirs, he is a heck of alot slower.

Add to that the constant "Meltdowns" late in games were they needed him to step up and come through and I think Mallet slips a bit more than most think he will.

Long story short, would I be unhappy with him at 12? No, but that would only be if Locker, Newton and Gabbert were gone as well.

As I said in one post, if you look at the QBs the Vikes have had the last few years (type/style) and then look a the QBs that teams that Musgrove has been on has had, Mallet isn't anywere close to that type of QB.

In short, they would be taking him even though he wouldn't fit the scheme.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093154
    I think he could as well. Problem with Mallet, atleast for me, is his lack of athleticism.
    I'm not so sure. I was watching some clip on nfl.com, can't remember which and they showed Mallett's 40 yard dash. Dude wasn't even trying. He just looked like he was out there for a run, not a sprint. He looked like he didn't care, but watching his passing drills, he was dropping back and stepping up to throw pretty quickly. I wouldn't base his athleticism on numbers alone, but it might give an indication of another type of issue that plagued a certain #2 overall draft pick a decade ago.

People say, well Brady and Peyton are slow, but if you look at Mallets numbers next to theirs, he is a heck of alot slower.
    They're slow, but their footwork is exceptional. Straightline speed is not important for a passing QB.
    Add to that the constant "Meltdowns" late in games were they needed him to step up and come through and I think Mallet slips a bit more than most think he will.
    Thats what I'm talking about. I think something's missing up top.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1093164
    I'm not so sure. I was watching some clip on nfl.com, can't remember which and they showed Mallett's 40 yard dash. Dude wasn't even trying. He just looked like he was out there for a run, not a sprint. He looked like he didn't care, but watching his passing drills, he was dropping back and stepping up to throw pretty quickly. I wouldn't base his athleticism on numbers alone, but it might give an indication of another type of issue that plagued a certain #2 overall draft pick a decade ago.

They're slow, but their footwork is exceptional. Straightline speed is not important for a passing QB.
    He was trying my friend. He is just soft/slow and not very athletic. Does he have an arm that can make all the throws? Yes.

Problem is, he has a body that is gonna get that arm killed.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093174

He was trying my friend. He is just soft/slow and not very athletic. Does he have an arm that can make all the throws? Yes.
    Believe what you choose. From how he was running, it looked like he was following form, but not pushing himself. Probably, he's never, ever been coached for speed, as he looks like he doesn't understand the concept of how to be fast. If it was just speed, that can be coached at the pro level. It's why guys like Terrence Cody can outrun him, they're taught to be quick and speedy, while Mallett is taught to throw a ball.

How so?

He's 6'7", 253 lbs.

In comparason, Roethlisberger is 6'5", 241

Very similar builds, Mallett's just a bit bigger. If he could work on his movement and learn to break tackles, he could be a very dangerous player.

If

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093112

I for one don't think we would be reaching that high if we take Locker at 12. Heck, I'm not even sure, at this point, Locker gets to us at 12.

Judging by the visits he's been on, if he does get past us, Miami won't let him slide nor will Seattle if he gets that far, which I don't think he will.

In the end, defense would be nice, but I think its gonna be a QB at 12 and Locker seems to be the guy right now.

Mallet head just doesn't fit the scheme IMHO because of his mobility issues. Truth is, I see Mallet slipping well into the second round with guys like Dalton, Stanzi, Ponder and Kap going before he does.
    I think I would take Colin Kaepernick. I like what I see in this kid. I like his attitude and confidence as well.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1093177
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093174

Believe what you choose. From how he was running, it looked like he was following form, but not pushing himself. Probably, he's never, ever been coached for speed, as he looks like he doesn't understand the concept of how to be fast. If it was just speed, that can be coached at the pro level. It's why guys like Terrence Cody can outrun him, they're taught to be quick and speedy, while Mallett is taught to throw a ball.

How so?

He's 6'7", 253 lbs.

In comparason, Roethlisberger is 6'5", 241

Very similar builds, Mallett's just a bit bigger. If he could work on his movement and learn to break tackles, he could be a very dangerous player.

If
    Big Ben is alot more athletic that Mallet my friend and what he does on the field can't be taught.

Watch the tapes (youtubes) of Mallet when the game gets late and the team is behind and they ask him to make plays with his arm.

Dude melts down and makes bad bad decisions, mostly cause he can't evade the rush and knows he is gonna get hit because of it.

That, my friend, is against defenses at the collegiate level and at the end of games. Can you imagine what he will look like against the pro's when they bring that stuff each and every play?

Again, I was pretty high on Mallet when I first started this process, mostly cause of his arm, but after really looking hard at him, I gotta agree with what most of the guys on NFLN are saying......Cat has issues.

Quote Originally Posted by "thorshammer" #1093213
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093112

I think I would take Colin Kaepernick. I like what I see in this kid. I like his attitude and confidence as well.
    I like him as well. I currently have him rated about the same place I had Freeman.

Mistake I made with him was I projected him a round or two lower. Not making that mistake with Kaep. Kid is gonna go early (Bengals second pick).