Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: The later rounds - 2011 draft

    Ive added Davon House from New Mexico State after reading up on him..

    He should have a bright future in a cover 2 defense.

    [video size=100 width=425 height=344 type=youtube]J9g1Ff0odmc[/video]

    He should be availible in the second round.


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  2. #22
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: The later rounds - 2011 draft

    OL: Lee Ziemba, John Moffitt, Keith Williams
    QB: Christian Ponder, Kaepernick, Devlin.
    DB: Rahim Moore, Ahmad Black, Jerrard Tarrant
    DL: Allen Bailey, Brandon Bair. Both DE's not well informed enough on the DT class.
    Just a few guys I like in the 2nd round and beyond.

  3. #23
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: The later rounds - 2011 draft

    Positives:

    QB Christian Ponder - Looked very accurate in passing drills
    TE Charlie Gantt - Looked very strong and should be a good blocker
    WR Terrance Toliver - Looked good catching the ball
    DT Muhammad Wilkerson - Looked quicker than expected
    DT Marvin Austin - Proved his talent
    LB Scott Lutrus - One of the top LB performers, improved his grade
    LB Dontay Moch - Workout beast, entered as a DE - ran a 4.44
    CB Curtis Brown - Might end up a better prospect than Williams
    CB Ras-I Dowling - Ran very well, but pulled out with hamstring injury
    FS Rashim Moore - Ran well - might end up in the first round
    SS Shiloh Keo - Had a very good combine, nice footwork

    Negatives:
    QB Pat Devlin - Off on his accuracy
    QB Andy Dalton - Accuracy problems
    WR Lester Jean - Slower than expected, dropped a few
    CB Aaron Williams - Might be better of at safety, slow
    CB Kendrick Burney - Slow, inconsistent in drills

    Off my board:
    TE Weslye Saunders - Just to much trouble with this kid
    DE Markus White - To light to play 4-3 DE
    SS DeAndre McDaniel - Out of shape, off field stuff

    On my board:
    WR Jonathan Baldwin - Quick, nice build - 2nd round
    WR Greg Little - Great combine, strong, explosive, versatile(HB/TE/WR)
    OC Brandon Fusco - Heard nothing but good things
    OT Jariel King - Nice workout at the combine
    LB KJ Wright - Quick, explosive linebacker, with cover abilities


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  4. #24
    thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    694

    Re: The later rounds - 2011 draft

    QB Greg McElroy out of Alabama is my favorite QB prospect outside of Gabbert and Mallet, he is a good ball player and a winner. And the good thing is, he is going to be a late round steal for whoever takes him. I hope its us.

    Other later round prospects I like:
    1. Jeramy Beal DE/OLB - Oklahoma
    2. Casey Matthews ILB/OLB - Oregon
    3. Quinton Carter S - Oklahoma
    4. Marvin Austin DT - North Carolina
    5. Greg Little WR - North Carolina
    6. DJ Williams TE - Arkansas
    7. Richard Sherman CB/S - Stanford
    8. Drake Nevis DT - LSU
    9. DeMarcus Love T/G - Arkansas
    10. Will Rackley T/G - Lehigh

    Really like the guys who are able to play multiple positions on the O-Line because we have a nice core guys on the O-Line, so guys who can play multiple positions to fill voids are good in my eyes.

    thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

    and yes... that just happened!

  5. #25
    b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    176

    Re: The later rounds - 2011 draft

    I have so many names I'd want to say but I want to narrow it down to 2 guys I feel are great late round additions. Greg McElroy can be a stud in the NFL if he's really as smart as they say he is. Scored a 48 on the wonderlic test 0.0. Also another guy I feel is a first round talent that may fall off into the second round is Aaron Williams a corner out of Texas. This is a kid who can be a great corner or even safety. I think he has versatility to be a very valuable player to our organization and with his potential to fill 2 big needs in our secondary I feel going d-line in the first round (hopefully Quinn), Williams, and McElroy will be a rather successful draft for us. Do not forget McElroy will most likely be a 7th round pick or UFA.
    None

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: The later rounds - 2011 draft

    Quote Originally Posted by "thatjusthappened28" #1090544
    QB Greg McElroy out of Alabama is my favorite QB prospect outside of Gabbert and Mallet, he is a good ball player and a winner. And the good thing is, he is going to be a late round steal for whoever takes him. I hope its us.

    Other later round prospects I like:
    1. Jeramy Beal DE/OLB - Oklahoma
    2. Casey Matthews ILB/OLB - Oregon
    3. Quinton Carter S - Oklahoma
    4. Marvin Austin DT - North Carolina
    5. Greg Little WR - North Carolina
    6. DJ Williams TE - Arkansas
    7. Richard Sherman CB/S - Stanford
    8. Drake Nevis DT - LSU
    9. DeMarcus Love T/G - Arkansas
    10. Will Rackley T/G - Lehigh

    Really like the guys who are able to play multiple positions on the O-Line because we have a nice core guys on the O-Line, so guys who can play multiple positions to fill voids are good in my eyes.
    Great post and if I may, I want to comment on one point my friend........

    I found it interesting listening to the guys on NFLN talk about OLmen, especially, RT's during the combine. Their comments kindof tracks along with your point about O-lineman and their ability to play muliple positions.

    Consensus is that most teams are looking to take RT's that aren't specifically just RT's anymore, but rather, a cat that can (or has) played both sides.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: The later rounds - 2011 draft

    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1090537
    Positives:

    QB Christian Ponder - Looked very accurate in passing drills
    TE Charlie Gantt - Looked very strong and should be a good blocker
    WR Terrance Toliver - Looked good catching the ball
    DT Muhammad Wilkerson - Looked quicker than expected
    DT Marvin Austin - Proved his talent
    LB Scott Lutrus - One of the top LB performers, improved his grade
    LB Dontay Moch - Workout beast, entered as a DE - ran a 4.44
    CB Curtis Brown - Might end up a better prospect than Williams
    CB Ras-I Dowling - Ran very well, but pulled out with hamstring injury
    FS Rashim Moore - Ran well - might end up in the first round
    SS Shiloh Keo - Had a very good combine, nice footwork

    Negatives:
    QB Pat Devlin - Off on his accuracy
    QB Andy Dalton - Accuracy problems
    WR Lester Jean - Slower than expected, dropped a few
    CB Aaron Williams - Might be better of at safety, slow
    CB Kendrick Burney - Slow, inconsistent in drills

    Off my board:
    TE Weslye Saunders - Just to much trouble with this kid
    DE Markus White - To light to play 4-3 DE
    SS DeAndre McDaniel - Out of shape, off field stuff

    On my board:
    WR Jonathan Baldwin - Quick, nice build - 2nd round
    WR Greg Little - Great combine, strong, explosive, versatile(HB/TE/WR)
    OC Brandon Fusco - Heard nothing but good things
    OT Jariel King - Nice workout at the combine
    LB KJ Wright - Quick, explosive linebacker, with cover abilities
    I love this kindof stuff.......Am I sick or what? :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: The later rounds - 2011 draft

    Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1090569
    I have so many names I'd want to say but I want to narrow it down to 2 guys I feel are great late round additions. Greg McElroy can be a stud in the NFL if he's really as smart as they say he is. Scored a 48 on the wonderlic test 0.0. Also another guy I feel is a first round talent that may fall off into the second round is Aaron Williams a corner out of Texas. This is a kid who can be a great corner or even safety. I think he has versatility to be a very valuable player to our organization and with his potential to fill 2 big needs in our secondary I feel going d-line in the first round (hopefully Quinn), Williams, and McElroy will be a rather successful draft for us. Do not forget McElroy will most likely be a 7th round pick or UFA.
    OK, seen McElroy mentioned a couple of times. Time to do some research.....

    Strengths
    Excellent accuracy within 15 yards. He's a game manager, much like Trent Dilfer. Has excellent football IQ, and isn't a "steal the spotlight" kind of person. Extremely strong character, and fully capable of being a reliable backup. Given time, he will pick even a pro-level defense apart. Fairly durable player.
    Weaknesses
    Isn't athletically gifted. He won't impress anyone with his sub-par arm strength. Is a perpetual pocket QB. Loses his composure under pressure. Hasn't shown a penchant for rising to the occasion and being an emotional leader.
    Projection
    Physically, he projects to the 4th or possibly even the 5th round. He's not the kind of gifted athlete the NFL asks for as a QB. However, don't be surprised to see this guy come off as early as the 2nd round, due to a projected run on QB's in the 1st round.
    Greg McElroy, QB
    Currently ranked as the 17th best QB by this page.

    Not sure. Seems to be a OK kindof kid that has a OK arm and is a bit on the short side.

    If they are gonna take a kid like that late, I would much rather see them take someone like a Nathan Enderle. Still a project, but has all the tools (accuracey/arm strenthg) for our scheme and projects to be a good third string guy right away.

    Nathan Enderle

    What am I missing on him that you like more than the scouts like so far?

    By the way, great post my friend. Keep em coming.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 Draft Order - All 7 Rounds With Trades
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 02:38 PM
  2. 2010 NFL Mock Draft (6 Rounds)
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 01:44 PM
  3. My ideal draft (the first 3 rounds)
    By Anemic Offense in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 05:42 PM
  4. 2008 NFL Mock Draft - 4 Rounds
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 02:31 AM
  5. My Mock Draft ( 1st two rounds)
    By dcboardr41 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 07:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •