Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Larry Fitzgerald Sr. says that Larry Jr. “always

Heard this on the radio yesterday..

Larry Fitzgerald Sr. says that Larry Jr. “always wanted to be a Viking”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/05/larry-fitzgerald-sr-says-that-larry-jr-always-wanted-to-be-a-viking/

Appearing on ESPN Radio Los Angeles with Max Kellerman and Marcellus Wiley, Larry Fitzgerald Sr. had this to say when asked about the possibility, via SportsRadioInterviews.com: “No. The Vikings are clearing cap space I have heard that but Larry has to make that decision. This is his life and he has always wanted to be a Viking because he is a Viking. He was a ball boy and that type of thing. He loves playing in Arizona, he’s valued in that community, and he’s a Cardinal

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: Larry Fitzgerald Sr. says that Larry Jr. “always

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103314
    Heard this on the radio yesterday..

Larry Fitzgerald Sr. says that Larry Jr. “always wanted to be a Viking”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/05/larry-fitzgerald-sr-says-that-larry-jr-always-wanted-to-be-a-viking/

Appearing on ESPN Radio Los Angeles with Max Kellerman and Marcellus Wiley, Larry Fitzgerald Sr. had this to say when asked about the possibility, via SportsRadioInterviews.com: “No. The Vikings are clearing cap space I have heard that but Larry has to make that decision. This is his life and he has always wanted to be a Viking because he is a Viking. He was a ball boy and that type of thing. He loves playing in Arizona, he’s valued in that community, and he’s a Cardinal
    Fingers crossed.. This would be amazing for the future of the team, rolling with Ponder and Fitz in the future, with Adrian doing his thing.. wow

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

That would definitely do wonders to help out a young QB. Tossing it up to Fitz, handoff to Peterson.

Maybe Marrdro will finally get that three-deep passing attack he's been chiming for.

Mpalac4 is offline Training Camp

Wouldn't I love that. My dads been talking about Larry since he got drafted. But there is no way that happens. I hope I can eat my own words but Larry got to choose the QB that Arizona would go after. They won't trade for his choice then trade him away.
    None

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

glad he put that out there..maybe that will light a fire under our WR's a$$es to get them to perform better (only directed towards Berrian),,if Fitz might be here next season.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

If this happens then you can say... Sidney who?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

It all comes down to Kolb.

If Kolb starts the season hot, I think Fitzgerald signs a long term deal that the Cardinals are obviously presenting to him.

If Kolb sucks, he hits the open market. If Fitz hits the open market and we offer him good money, he'd in all likelihood sign with us. Of course it depends on how we look this year as well. If we bounce back and the QB(s) look solid, I can't see any reason why he wouldn't want to be here.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1103354

If Kolb starts the season hot, I think Fitzgerald signs a long term deal that the Cardinals are obviously presenting to him.

If Kolb sucks, he hits the open market. If Fitz hits the open market and we offer him good money, he'd in all likelihood sign with us. Of course it depends on how we look this year as well. If we bounce back and the QB(s) look solid, I can't see any reason why he wouldn't want to be here.
    Agreed.

Keeping fingers crossed that Kolb is a bust.

Wonder if Fitz would even take a hometown discount? Obviously not a lowball offer, but not some stupid outrageous contract he'd get elsewhere.

I know it would be awesome to see him come back home. But I dont think it will ever happen. But it is a nice thought....:cheer:

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103355
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1103354

Agreed.

Keeping fingers crossed that Kolb is a bust.

Wonder if Fitz would even take a hometown discount? Obviously not a lowball offer, but not some stupid outrageous contract he'd get elsewhere.
    I think the hometown discount would depend largely on how big of a contender we are. If we have a legit shot at a championship he'd be more willing to take a little less. If we continue to play poorly I'm thinking he moves on. He's getting to the point in his career where the only thing he hasn't proved is earning a Super Bowl ring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast