Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    BIGDADDYG is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Koren Robinson back to Carolina?

Another way to look at this is that K-Rob is happy in Minnesota and he wants to use the Pro Bowl to show the entire league and the people who didn't believe in him that he has changed. He may feel he has something to prove to people.

Like my POPEYE Tattoo says " I
    Y AM
    WHAT
    I
    Y AM "

Gift is offline Coordinator

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    Luckily we've got a lot of good recievers.
    Why do people keep saying this? No, we don't. We need K-Rob!
    T-Will will be the second reciever. Then we got both M-rob (who has surprised me this year), and Burelson who can play a heck of a lot better than he did this year. And then Taylor has proven to work fantastic in the slot.
    I think they are average NFL recivers. They catch the ones that hit them in the chest & drop the big plays. I'm sure I have been spoiled with Cris & Randy but we need atleast one great reciever not a flock of average ones.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"Gift" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    T-Will will be the second reciever. Then we got both M-rob (who has surprised me this year), and Burelson who can play a heck of a lot better than he did this year. And then Taylor has proven to work fantastic in the slot.
    I think they are average NFL recivers. They catch the ones that hit them in the chest & drop the big plays. I'm sure I have been spoiled with Cris & Randy but we need atleast one great reciever not a flock of average ones.
    Speaking of flocks, just be glad we have at least average...How miserable would it be to be stuck with a flock of terrible ones...for example...the eagles?
    ;-)

BIGDADDYG is offline Pro-Bowler

Another reason to keep a guy like K-Rob is that if we want lure some good free agents to the Vikes we need to keep the good players we all ready have. To show the free agents we are committed to winning.

Like my POPEYE Tattoo says " I
    Y AM
    WHAT
    I
    Y AM "

Gift is offline Coordinator

"MrGopher16" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    Speaking of flocks, just be glad we have at least average...How miserable would it be to be stuck with a flock of terrible ones...for example...the eagles?
    Of course it could be worse but it just seems to me that we need to seal the deal with our biggest playmaker on offense and not make the same mistake we did last year. Assuming our WR core will step above their level of talent didnt work.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

He is not leaving! (I hope) I think this is just a bargaining move. We should have taking the risk and signed him to a 3year deal cheap.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes" wrote:
    He is not leaving! (I hope) I think this is just a bargaining move. We should have taking the risk and signed him to a 3year deal cheap.
    Hindsight is 20/20. Krob could easily have been a total flop. No one guessed he would be a pro bowler this year. NO ONE.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

As much as I hate to say it....it wouldnt surprise me at all if he leaves.

Lets think about this guys.

If we resign Burly and K-Rob, we have T-Will, and throw in TT and M-Rob. Where does that realistically leave K-Rob. I obviously think he should be #1 or #2 but if he has an opporunity to go to a team that doesnt have so much depth as the Vikings...why wouldnt he go there?

Sure we gave him his second chance, but he if wants to continue to improve and become a Pro Bowl WR not just special teams he could very easily be looking at another team that he would play a more prominant role.

Carolina would be a very viable option for him considering SS made up like 40 or 50% of the teams total Offense they obviously need some help at the WR position.

K-Rob is one of favorite players and he has definately earned my respect. More than anyone else I want to see him back in purple next year. But I wouldnt surprise me if he goes else where.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Nothing like biting the hand that fed him?

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

K-rob was only as far down in the depth chart as he was because of the timing of him coming to Minnesota. This year, he could easily emerge from training camp as the #1 or #2 reciever. I don' t think he would sell us short just yet. I hope we can convince him that he needs to be in purple again next year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast