Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Kirwan's final mock draft

I am not sure what I think about Pat anymore.
    Used to like his stuff.
    This Mock is pretty good and has us taking AP as well.

Starting to feel better about my mock.
    ;D (Not because of Kirwan)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10146725

(April 16, 2007) -- Finally, the NFL draft is within days and all the evaluations are just about done. Most teams are locking up their draft boards, and the only thing that can change a grade will be a late rumor about an off-the-field problem or a medical issue.

The only thing that can change a team strategy is a potential draft-day trade. For weeks, teams have "inquired" about moving up or down in the draft with other franchises. Detroit should have options to move down in the draft if the Raiders don't select Calvin Johnson.

Tampa Bay (and possibly Atlanta) could be on the move up to Detroit's spot. Both teams have the extra Day 1 picks to pull off a trade. Washington has the No. 6 overall pick, however, as of now, that's its only Day 1 pick--- it needs to add at least one more.

Few people feel Brady Quinn will slide in this draft like Matt Leinart did last year, and if the Browns don't intend to take him, a team like Miami could consider a move up to get him.

Then, of course, there are still a few veteran players who could be moved via trade early on April 28. Chargers running back Michael Turner could change Tennessee's or Buffalo's draft plans. Talks involving Lance Briggs might heat up in the next few days, and a team like Denver could conclude that paying Briggs and giving away their first-round spot is better business than taking a rookie linebacker. Trent Green has more control of his destiny than most would assume. He should be a Dolphin by the night of April 28. Keep in mind, the Chiefs don't have a fourth-round pick, and it will make sense to the Chiefs to move him.

Randy Moss, Kris Jenkins and a few surprises are all possible draft-day trades that will make it an exciting weekend for the football fans
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Kirwan's final mock draft

I wish we could predict the draft.AP at 7 is a dream come true.I think we're gonna see some trades tho that will shake up the draft.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

I know its beating a dead horse here, but with all the help we need, why a RB? Trade down if we cant improve another position, get some extra picks and we can get help in more than one area, not areas that we dont NEED help in.

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    I know its beating a dead horse here, but with all the help we need, why a RB? Trade down if we cant improve another position, get some extra picks and we can get help in more than one area, not areas that we dont NEED help in.
    The only sensible reason to take AP at 7 is to subsequently trade him away to the highest bidder among teams that need a RB; e.g. NY Giants, Packers, (Bills?)....

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    The only sensible reason to take AP at 7 is to subsequently trade him away to the highest bidder among teams that need a RB; e.g. NY Giants, Packers, (Bills?)....

That and the fact that we should be drafting BPA.

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    It is still a matter of speculation by a few on here (myself included) that we might not be set at RB.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=min

Rushing Statistics Chester Taylor 304 1214

Artose Pinner 42 192

Mewelde Moore 24 131

Ciatrick Fason 18 99

Additionally, when drafting BPA and not for need you are putting guys on the roster that will contribute for years to come (hopefully) if you have done your homework.

At week 13 CT did slow down and no one really stepped up to help out with the load.

CT
    13 @CHI 17 99

14 @DET Did Not Play
    15 NYJ
    11 38

16 @GNB 15 49

17 STL 13 29

Pinner
    13 @CHI Did Not Play
    14 @DET 29 125

15 NYJ

1 4
    16 @GNB 2 5 2.5 4 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
    17 STL L
    1 9

Memo
    13 @CHI 3 13
    14 @DET 3 11

15 NYJ L
    0 0
    16 @GNB 0 0

17 STL
    1 10

IMHO a RB could be speculated on as a need.
    Not a top one, but a need just the same.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    It is still a matter of speculation by a few on here (myself included) that we might not be set at RB.

Artose Pinner 42 192

Mewelde Moore 24 131

Ciatrick Fason 18 99

Additionally, when drafting BPA and not for need you are putting guys on the roster that will contribute for years to come (hopefully) if you have done your homework.

At week 13 CT did slow down and no one really stepped up to help out with the load.

CT
    13 @CHI 17 99

14 @DET Did Not Play
    15 NYJ
    11 38

16 @GNB 15 49

17 STL 13 29

Pinner
    13 @CHI Did Not Play
    14 @DET 29 125

15 NYJ

1 4
    17 STL L
    1 9

Memo
    13 @CHI 3 13
    14 @DET 3 11

15 NYJ L
    0 0
    16 @GNB 0 0

17 STL
    1 10

Totally agree, if he is still on the board at #7.
    Not only would be most likely be getting BPA, but also addressing a position that could use some attention anyways.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "WinonaVike" wrote:

Artose Pinner 42 192

Mewelde Moore 24 131

Ciatrick Fason 18 99

CT
    13 @CHI 17 99

14 @DET Did Not Play
    15 NYJ
    11 38

16 @GNB 15 49

17 STL 13 29

Pinner
    13 @CHI Did Not Play
    14 @DET 29 125

15 NYJ

1 4
    17 STL L
    1 9

Memo
    13 @CHI 3 13
    14 @DET 3 11

15 NYJ L
    0 0
    16 @GNB 0 0

17 STL
    1 10

i totally agree AP is the BPA and it is a need

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "WinonaVike" wrote:

Artose Pinner 42 192

Mewelde Moore 24 131

Ciatrick Fason 18 99

CT
    13 @CHI 17 99

14 @DET Did Not Play
    15 NYJ
    11 38

16 @GNB 15 49

17 STL 13 29

Pinner
    13 @CHI Did Not Play
    14 @DET 29 125

15 NYJ

1 4
    17 STL L
    1 9

Memo
    13 @CHI 3 13
    14 @DET 3 11

15 NYJ L
    0 0
    16 @GNB 0 0

17 STL
    1 10

good post! way to go grab that info, and for memo's stats they are kind of misleading considering the amount of runs he had on 3rd and long and got 6 yards..

Thanks josdin00

i totally agree AP is the BPA and it is a need
    Again, depends on the scenario.
    For this arguments sake I was looking at RB.

It could also be proven that we could/should take somebody to help out with the pass rush.
    Depending on who you talk to that could be a CB, S, DE or DT

a.
    DT Okoye (Could be there but propably gone 6th)
    b.
    DE Gaines (He will probably be gone 2nd - 6th)
    c.
    S Landry (Could be there)
    d.
    CB Hall (Should be there)

I wouldn't be to upset with any of these 5 that could realistically be there.