Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Re: Kipers New Mock!!!

I Really Really like this pick.
    This guy is an absolute stud and would start game 1.
    He reminds me of a Ronde Barber type player.
    I would prefer Calvin Johnson, but if he is gone then I think that Landry would be a great addition.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

Kiper is such a loser! Didn't he have us taking Ginn in all his previous mocks, because he doesn't do his homework or doesn't care. He is thinking our secondary was the reason for a low ranking on pass D last year, and we will try to shore it up with S or a CB. If he took some time to actually analyze the team needs he would see that our deficiency on pass D was the Line (and MB) and not the db's. I get so sick of these guys just throwing out names. No one can say who is going to where. Look at Houston's pick last year.

Kiper is a hyper.

He changes his projections every week, or more often, just to get more publicity.
    Publicity sells more ads, which makes Kiper richer, and the people who follow his reports just get double-talk.
    Great value, eh?

People who think the Vikings should take a "hard hitting safety" should ponder the impact he would have if he cannot cover receivers, but could hit them hard after yielding 15-20 yard passes frequently.
    :

"Wow!
    Great hit, huh!
    Oh, hey!; how did they (opponents) move down into scoring position so fast?"
    ???
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Purplexing" wrote:
    Kiper is a hyper.

He changes his projections every week, or more often, just to get more publicity.
    Publicity sells more ads, which makes Kiper richer, and the people who follow his reports just get double-talk.
    Great value, eh?

People who think the Vikings should take a "hard hitting safety" should ponder the impact he would have if he cannot cover receivers, but could hit them hard after yielding 15-20 yard passes frequently.
    :

"Wow!
    Great hit, huh!

???
    Landry would have went high if he had come out LAST YEAR...he is much more than just a hard hitter...he is a great cover guy as well.
    He is even BETTER than his brother, who was drafted by the Ravens last season out of Georgia Tech in the sixth round.

Landry is the REAL DEAL...the ONLY knock on drafting him that high is that conventional wisdom says that you don't draft safties that high.
    BUT if he solidifies the position for the next 8-10 years, then maybe it is worth bucking the establishment.
    He is a much more sure thing than the DEs and most of the WRs that we could take at #7.
    For that reason alone, I would be very comfortable with us picking him there...UNLESS we can trade up and get Calvin (OR if Peterson is still on the board).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Kiper is a hyper.

Great value, eh?

:

"Wow!
    Great hit, huh!
    ???
    Landry would have went high if he had come out LAST YEAR...he is much more than just a hard hitter...he is a great cover guy as well.
    He is even BETTER than his brother, who was drafted by the Ravens last season out of Georgia Tech in the sixth round.

Landry is the REAL DEAL...the ONLY knock on drafting him that high is that conventional wisdom says that you don't draft safties that high.
    BUT if he solidifies the position for the next 8-10 years, then maybe it is worth bucking the establishment.
    He is a much more sure thing than the DEs and most of the WRs that we could take at #7.
    For that reason alone, I would be very comfortable with us picking him there...UNLESS we can trade up and get Calvin (OR if Peterson is still on the board).
    Sean Taylor went at #5, but he's far better than Landry is. The guy's a freak.

Not to knock Landry though, he's great and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him in purple next year.

Edit: Whoops, I just edited the wrong post in the wrong thread. So if anyone quoted this asking WTF I'm talking about already, my bad.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Kiper is a hyper.

Great value, eh?

:

"Wow!
    Great hit, huh!

???

COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF CAJUN!
    If there was a stand out DE available at our pick then I would want him.
    However, with the top tier DE's available this year(Adams & Andersen) I would feel more comfortable taking Landry.
    We need to get the best bang for our buck.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Kiper is a hyper.

Great value, eh?

:

"Wow!
    Great hit, huh!

???

Can Landry cover receivers long enough for the CURRENT DEs to get to the QB?

Can Landry cover receivers well enough to intercept passes and return them for TDs when the CURRENT roster WRs cannot get the job done on offense?

Anyone can identify a great collegiate player at each position, and list his accomplishments and potential to be a great pro.
    It takes more skill to find such a player who will meet a need to upgrade a CURRENT roster spot in dire need of improvement.
    There are an adequate number of safeties on the 2007 roster, with Sharper, T.Williams, Blue, and perhaps D.Smith.
    That will buy the Vikings one more year time to find a replacement for Sharper, when his skills and speed fades.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'd rather have Quinn. I do like that pick though.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

I have seen more and more mocks suggesting Washington will take Adams.
    With the talk of the Vikes trading or letting Phat Pat go, its interesting to see the Branch will be there at 7 and theres always Amobi.
    Brings up just another situation which to ponder.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Kiper is a hyper.

Great value, eh?

:

"Wow!
    Great hit, huh!
    ???

Can Landry cover receivers long enough for the CURRENT DEs to get to the QB?

Can Landry cover receivers well enough to intercept passes and return them for TDs when the CURRENT roster WRs cannot get the job done on offense?

Anyone can identify a great collegiate player at each position, and list his accomplishments and potential to be a great pro.
    It takes more skill to find such a player who will meet a need to upgrade a CURRENT roster spot in dire need of improvement.
    There are an adequate number of safeties on the 2007 roster, with Sharper, T.Williams, Blue, and perhaps D.Smith.
    That will buy the Vikings one more year time to find a replacement for Sharper, when his skills and speed fades.
    Landry has the speed to cover any receiver.
    He ran a 4.35 40 - I doubt we have a single safety on our roster with that kind of speed.

As for Mel's mock there are only a handful of guys I would take at the 7th spot.

Quinn, Landry, Okoye, and Adams.

Anyone one else would be reaching.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast