Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tom2Bucs is offline Rookie

Kipers New Mock!!!

I love this pick! If we are lucky enough to get this guy he will lead our D for years!

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/insider/columns/story?columnist=kiper_jr_mel&id=2796978

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Kipers New Mock!!!

Great thread!

I was waiting for this schnookums.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Ahhh no!

Dude, hook me up with your insider account!

That or at least post the list
    >

Tom2Bucs is offline Rookie

Sorry dude...

I'll just tell you it's S L. Landry.

"baumy300" wrote:
    Ahhh no!

Dude, hook me up with your insider account!

That or at least post the list
    >

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

copy and paste the page. forget the link. I don't have an account

aceclown is offline Coach

MOCK DRAFT: Mel Kiper's new First-Round Projection | March 13

1. Oakland - JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU: Nothing changes at the top of the draft board. The Raiders passed on Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler last year, so opting away from another highly regarded signal-caller won't happen this time around. Russell's physical prowess seems to have everyone wowed.

2. Detroit - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame: The Lions have the option of selecting QB Brady Quinn or RB Adrian Peterson, trading down, or adding a pass-rusher supreme such as Gaines Adams to bolster what already has the makings of a standout defensive front. By trading down, they could still get a player like Adams. Quinn, though, might be too hard to pass up for an organization that needs a smart, tough, high-profile signal-caller like him to become the face of the franchise. Remember, the Lions are one of the few teams that have never even been to a Super Bowl, let alone won one. Additionally, they passed on Dan Marino back in 1983 and, as recently as last year, opted away from Leinart and Cutler.

3. Cleveland - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma: You would figure this choice to be between Peterson and Quinn, depending on whether the latter is still on the board. Either would look great in a Browns uniform. Veteran RB Jamal Lewis was signed to only a one-year deal, so that obviously doesn't preclude the team from taking a potential franchise back like Peterson.

4. Tampa Bay - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech: This pick will have both Jeff Garcia and Chris Simms smiling. Johnson is my top-ranked player on the Big Board, so acquiring him with the fourth selection is a real bargain.

5. Arizona - Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin: Things are setting up perfectly for the Cardinals to remain at pick No. 5 and still bring a super blue-chip left tackle such as Thomas into the fold. Here, they get the No. 2 player on my board with the fifth overall selection. Another great value type pick.

6. Washington - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson: This is the spot you figure to get some action. The Redskins don't have a second-, third- or fourth-round pick, so trading down in an effort to recoup choices definitely has to be in their thought process. If a deal is to be made, the best scenario would be to have either Quinn or Peterson still on the board. Both would be enticing for a number of clubs, as would highly regarded DBs Leon Hall and LaRon Landry. If the Redskins are forced to stand pat, DEs Adams and Jamaal Anderson would make the most sense.

7. Minnesota - LaRon Landry, S, LSU: The Vikings will have an opportunity here to upgrade the defensive secondary. The choice would be between safety Landry and CB Hall. I'll go with Landry because Brad Childress saw what a huge difference Brian Dawkins made to the Eagles' deep patrol when he was on the staff with Andy Reid in Philadelphia.

8. Houston - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan: LT Levi Brown would have to draw serious consideration, but Hall is definitely on the rise back up the draft board after such an impressive showing at the combine workout. He also fills a positional need for the Texans.

9. Miami - Levi Brown, OT, Penn State: The Dolphins certainly could use a topflight left tackle, and Brown has the potential to become a top echelon NFL bookend.

10. Atlanta - Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas: The loss of Patrick Kerney in free agency makes this a need area, but the Falcons should be keeping their fingers crossed that either CB Hall or S Landry is still on the board.

Chuch.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

LaRon is suppose to be a stud.

??but??

Is he a Champ (CB) like player ie a real stud at his position.
    I hate the no 7 spot.
    Who said the number 7 was lucky?

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

I could live with Landry. He can step in right away and be a ballhawk hard-hitting pro bowler.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

nareg is offline Rookie

i like either or here if we land hall or landry there both solid and will improve our passing d whcih was disgusting lasy year, but i sitll want CALVIN!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

http://football.about.com/od/nationa...aronlandry.htm
    LaRon Landry may be the best pure free safety in the nation right now. His coverage skills in center field are virtually second to none, and he hits surprisingly hard for his light size. He's also one of the few safety prospects in recent years who is a total ball hawk, flowing to the ball and the play better than the majority of defenders in the nation.
    good upside!!

and he fits bchill's
    little guys who hit hard..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast