Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tom2Bucs is offline Rookie

Kipers' Latest Mock Draft 2/6

Pretty interesting read...Thoughts?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/insider/columns/story?id=2748081

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Kipers' Latest Mock Draft 2/6

Wow, i forgot about Peterson..What a bruiser..I wonder if Calvin Johnson could fall to us now??

"nephilimstorm" wrote:
    Wow, i forgot about Peterson..What a bruiser..I wonder if Calvin Johnson could fall to us now??

Never happen. We have to trade up and give up picks, man it would be worth it!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

My ultimate draft pick would be Calvin Johnson at #7... I am doubting that it happens, but would be elated if it happens..

I know EVERYONE is high on CJ, but what about Ginn? Is he another Steve Smith? I dont think this would be bad.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Tom2Bucs" wrote:
    I know EVERYONE is high on CJ, but what about Ginn? Is he another Steve Smith? I dont think this would be bad.
    Or anynother Troy Williamson. A somewhat undersized, speedy, "play maker" that isn't a #1 or #2 receiver right off the bat. No thanks!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    My ultimate draft pick would be Calvin Johnson at #7... I am doubting that it happens, but would be elated if it happens..
    I think we'd have to trade up to get Calvin Johnson.
    I was just looking at the NFL Draft Value Chart and it would be a realistic for us to trade up to the third spot (Cleveland) by giving up our first and second round picks.
    Of course that would have to be a draft day trade:

http://www.theredzone.org/2006/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

We would have to hope that Oakland (#1) and Detroit (#2) don't draft him or trade out.

I'd like us to do anything we can to get Calvin Johnson.
    Maybe we can throw in Smoot along with our #1 and #2.
    ;D

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "Tom2Bucs" wrote:
    Or anynother Troy Williamson. A somewhat undersized, speedy, "play maker" that isn't a #1 or #2 receiver right off the bat. No thanks!
    That's the thing about the draft.
    A lot of the time, it's hard to tell what you're going to get.
    Perhaps he is the next Steve Smith, or maybe you're right, Troy Williamson coming around again.
    Calvin Johnson, maybe Mike Williams?
    Who knows, all we can do is take what we know and make a guess that we THINK will help us the most.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

I really think we need to do the best we can to get Calvin Johnson, but I am not all for breaking the bank and I don't think the Vikings are either after hearing them talk about how they did not feel this years FA pool would be as deep and how they are really going to value their draft picks.
    So if we can't get Calvin Johnson I would not complain about getting Ted Gin Jr.
    He can stretch the field and make big plays which would be exactly what Jackson's big arm needs.
    Plus he could be a game changer in the kick and punt return area, if he could do half of what Devin Hester did (which is a definate possibility) and be a legit rookie reciever I would be all for it.
    Also if Troy desides when he gets open (which he has shown he can do) catches the ball, our high powered offense maybe would not be as far away as it was this year.
    I would really like having Ginn and Willamson stretching the field with Travis Taylor working the middle being the possesion guy.
    But what about Dwayne Jarret... Kiper originally had him ahead of Ginn or atleast on other drafts I saw earlier... guess thats not the case anymore.
    I can not wait to see how we upgrade our team!
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Tom2Bucs" wrote:
    Ginn. CJ. This draft has some pretty good WR/TE, so we just have to go with our gut and get a good WR. I like Ginn. But
    Dwayne Jarrett might be a good fit also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast