Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re:To Kill a MOCKing Bird-The PPO Mock Draft Database

    Pat Kirwan - CB Patrick Robinson, DT in the later rounds
    Rob Rang – Boise State CB Kyle Wilson
    Chad Reuter – Wilson
    Pete Prisco – Rutgers CB Devin McCourty
    Clark Judge – Wilson
    Charles Davis - S Taylor Mays
    Bucky Brooks - CB Devin McCourty
    Don Banks - DT Jared Odrick
    Mel Kiper - DB Devin McCourty
    Todd McShay - DT Brian Price
    Mock Madness 2.0
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,835

    Re:To Kill a MOCKing Bird-The PPO Mock Draft Database

    Here's the latest from Walterfootball...

    1. Pouncey C/OG
    2. Cook CB/S
    3. McKnight RB
    4. OLB depth
    5. ILB depth
    5. DT depth

    Not bat at all!! Pouncey has even played some RT, would provide a likely upgrade over Hicks' multi position backup, and possibly push Sully and/or Herrera for starting time. Cook could be depth at CB and S, and McKnight is another nice option at RB. I didn't recognize the later guys...?

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2010_1.php
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re:To Kill a MOCKing Bird-The PPO Mock Draft Database

    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Big C2 wrote:
    My opinion is that we won't draft a CB or S in the first round because:
    1. We have a lot of money invested in Winfield and Griffin.
    2. We have a 2nd round investment in Asher Allen from last year.
    3. Benny Sapp proved that he can step in at starting CB till Griffin is healed up.
    4. Tyrell Johnson started to show up at the tail end of the season.
    5. Jamarca Sanford flashed enough to compete with Johnson.

    I would move up a few spots to pick Jimmy Clausen if he slipped past #20 (before the Cards pick him up).

    If Clausen is not available at our pick, I think we will go OG or DT.
    I agree in total with 2 through 5 and partially agree with 1. Only reason I partially agree is that even though we put some money into both of them, starter money in fact, when I stop and look at the contracts, both were below figures that other starters got.

    Again, I agree that we probably need to really look hard at the CB position, but don't think we are gonna solve it with a top tier vet because of item 1 but it isn't as bad as I originally thought when I first started saying that a few months ago.

    As to Claussen. As I said in response to your other post. If the teams that really need QB's don't want them, then I don't want them either and surely would never trade up to get one.

    Nope, give me another mid to low round selection that I can sign for basically nothing. If he pans out and becomes a Brady, great. If not, great, I loose nothing.
    Your reason for not taking Claussen is very weak, IMHO. Just because another team doesn't have clausen at the top of there board when it's their turn to pick in the first round doesn't mean he won't be at the top of our board when we pick.
    BPA that fits the scheme and fills a need.
    I think I confused you.

    I didn't mean not to take him cause other teams didn't. My meaning is that if the other teams are taking him, its a clear indicator that there are issues with him that the Vikes will also see/know about.

    Dont' get me wrong, I think he is a talented kid, but I sure wouldn't put a first round pick into him, mostly because of his accuracy issues and how he telegraphs throws if he needs to get zip on them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re:To Kill a MOCKing Bird-The PPO Mock Draft Database

    The Vikings really struggled to run the football last year. Both center John Sullivan and right guard Anthony Herrera struggled in that department. Maurkice Pouncey coincidentally can play both positions. If he's available, he'll be a solid upgrade for Minnesota's interior offensive front.
    I wouldn't bat an eye if they took this cat at 30, however, I just don't think Sully and Herrera played that poorly last year.

    I think our OL issues (especially with respect to Herrera) were directly related to a new C and RT playing that it did/does to talent.

    Look back at the year before last. Herrera was a blocking/pulling beast. This year he wasn't. Is that because he is all of a sudden not talented anymore?

    Again, love the pick as it is great value there, just don't think its necessary at this point.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,835

    Re:To Kill a MOCKing Bird-The PPO Mock Draft Database

    Pouncey would be kind of a rich get richer kind of pick...sure, decent chance that Hutch's injury and Sully and Load's experience levels were the issues holding us back last season, which, could be fixing themselves with time. But, like you said, altho the value is good, the need is not our greatest.

    But, Really, same could be said about nearly all our options for those first couple of picks...we've got our 3 starters and a young guy returning at CB, 2 starters and a young guy at S, at QB, we've got 3 guys who have started games, at RB we have AP and a couple of young guys...I'm pretty happy with our LBs too, WRs finally lookin good, DL mostly set...

    Yup. Going to be interesting to see which way we go! I've been expecting some sort of move all offseason long to push us up that one or two plays, those one or two wins, so we can host the NFC Championship at our house next season!!! What's it goona be!?!??

    BAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :woohoo:
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re:To Kill a MOCKing Bird-The PPO Mock Draft Database

    mountainviking wrote:
    Pouncey would be kind of a rich get richer kind of pick...sure, decent chance that Hutch's injury and Sully and Load's experience levels were the issues holding us back last season, which, could be fixing themselves with time. But, like you said, altho the value is good, the need is not our greatest.

    But, Really, same could be said about nearly all our options for those first couple of picks...we've got our 3 starters and a young guy returning at CB, 2 starters and a young guy at S, at QB, we've got 3 guys who have started games, at RB we have AP and a couple of young guys...I'm pretty happy with our LBs too, WRs finally lookin good, DL mostly set...

    Yup. Going to be interesting to see which way we go! I've been expecting some sort of move all offseason long to push us up that one or two plays, those one or two wins, so we can host the NFC Championship at our house next season!!! What's it goona be!?!??

    BAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :woohoo:
    LOL, that move you and I have been expecting just might be ole Dnabb.

    Sure is gonna be fun around here if he doesn show up this year. Will even be more fun next year when he does. :lol:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,835

    Re:To Kill a MOCKing Bird-The PPO Mock Draft Database

    Marrdro wrote:
    mountainviking wrote:
    Pouncey would be kind of a rich get richer kind of pick...sure, decent chance that Hutch's injury and Sully and Load's experience levels were the issues holding us back last season, which, could be fixing themselves with time. But, like you said, altho the value is good, the need is not our greatest.

    But, Really, same could be said about nearly all our options for those first couple of picks...we've got our 3 starters and a young guy returning at CB, 2 starters and a young guy at S, at QB, we've got 3 guys who have started games, at RB we have AP and a couple of young guys...I'm pretty happy with our LBs too, WRs finally lookin good, DL mostly set...

    Yup. Going to be interesting to see which way we go! I've been expecting some sort of move all offseason long to push us up that one or two plays, those one or two wins, so we can host the NFC Championship at our house next season!!! What's it goona be!?!??

    BAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :woohoo:
    LOL, that move you and I have been expecting just might be ole Dnabb.

    Sure is gonna be fun around here if he doesn show up this year. Will even be more fun next year when he does. :lol:
    LOL! So, you're saying its only a matter time...that we are now where old vet QBs go on their way to riding off into the sunset!?!??
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re:To Kill a MOCKing Bird-The PPO Mock Draft Database

    mountainviking wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    mountainviking wrote:
    Pouncey would be kind of a rich get richer kind of pick...sure, decent chance that Hutch's injury and Sully and Load's experience levels were the issues holding us back last season, which, could be fixing themselves with time. But, like you said, altho the value is good, the need is not our greatest.

    But, Really, same could be said about nearly all our options for those first couple of picks...we've got our 3 starters and a young guy returning at CB, 2 starters and a young guy at S, at QB, we've got 3 guys who have started games, at RB we have AP and a couple of young guys...I'm pretty happy with our LBs too, WRs finally lookin good, DL mostly set...

    Yup. Going to be interesting to see which way we go! I've been expecting some sort of move all offseason long to push us up that one or two plays, those one or two wins, so we can host the NFC Championship at our house next season!!! What's it goona be!?!??

    BAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :woohoo:
    LOL, that move you and I have been expecting just might be ole Dnabb.

    Sure is gonna be fun around here if he doesn show up this year. Will even be more fun next year when he does. :lol:
    LOL! So, you're saying its only a matter time...that we are now where old vet QBs go on their way to riding off into the sunset!?!??
    LOL, kindof like the Denny Green era......

    No, I don't think that is what we will become. Again, once you get a vet in here long enough to hold the fort down, it will allow you the 3 to 4 years needed to get the youngster ready (ala Rodgers).

    If you don't, then they learn on the field and the fans get pissed off and will never like them, (ala VY).

    On a side note, I'm still not changing my position here. I think TJ is ready this year. Judging by the team offering Sage (and not TJ) to the Raiders in trade, I think the staff does as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re:To Kill a MOCKing Bird-The PPO Mock Draft Database

    Right now the most likely pick for the Vikings seems to be Devon McCourty..

    The Vikes didnt attend Tennessees Pro Day so i think we can write off Dan Williams.

    Jimmy Clausen is in free fall right now it seems that he could drop to 15-20th even further, but some team will likely trade up if he drops to far, same scenario with Quinn and it will most likely not be the Vikes..

    The guy im looking for is Colt McCoy with no trades.. Seems taylor made for this system, accurate, nice arm and a leader type player..

    Also watch out for Vladimir Ducasse at the bottom of the first round.


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  10. #30
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,835

    Re:To Kill a MOCKing Bird-The PPO Mock Draft Database

    Marrdro wrote:
    mountainviking wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    mountainviking wrote:
    Pouncey would be kind of a rich get richer kind of pick...sure, decent chance that Hutch's injury and Sully and Load's experience levels were the issues holding us back last season, which, could be fixing themselves with time. But, like you said, altho the value is good, the need is not our greatest.

    But, Really, same could be said about nearly all our options for those first couple of picks...we've got our 3 starters and a young guy returning at CB, 2 starters and a young guy at S, at QB, we've got 3 guys who have started games, at RB we have AP and a couple of young guys...I'm pretty happy with our LBs too, WRs finally lookin good, DL mostly set...

    Yup. Going to be interesting to see which way we go! I've been expecting some sort of move all offseason long to push us up that one or two plays, those one or two wins, so we can host the NFC Championship at our house next season!!! What's it goona be!?!??

    BAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :woohoo:
    LOL, that move you and I have been expecting just might be ole Dnabb.

    Sure is gonna be fun around here if he doesn show up this year. Will even be more fun next year when he does. :lol:
    LOL! So, you're saying its only a matter time...that we are now where old vet QBs go on their way to riding off into the sunset!?!??
    LOL, kindof like the Denny Green era......

    No, I don't think that is what we will become. Again, once you get a vet in here long enough to hold the fort down, it will allow you the 3 to 4 years needed to get the youngster ready (ala Rodgers).

    If you don't, then they learn on the field and the fans get pissed off and will never like them, (ala VY).

    On a side note, I'm still not changing my position here. I think TJ is ready this year. Judging by the team offering Sage (and not TJ) to the Raiders in trade, I think the staff does as well.
    My feeling is that Jackson is much more ready than most give him any chance of being. I said it last year and I'll say it again, I'm fine with TJack as our no.1 option if/when the Favre retires. He played great at the end of his third season, tossing 9TDs to only 2 INTs! And, has now had another year to learn from one of the game's greats, and to build up a lil hunger for playing time.

    I thought the Raiders thing was more of them just callin up and asking if he was available at all...?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TMQ's 2007 mocking of mock drafts
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 03:03 PM
  2. TMQ Mocking the Mock Draft
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 01:13 AM
  3. The Mock Draft --- THEE MOCK DRAFT
    By VikingsAllTheWay44 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 02:53 AM
  4. Ltrey's 'Mock' Mock Draft: Picks 1-17
    By Ltrey33 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-30-2006, 06:04 PM
  5. Kill Kill Kill Favre!
    By PAvikesfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 02:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •