Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

KFFL Vikings tidbits (2 April 2008)

Vikings | Rinehart to visit with team
    Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:35:16 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Northern Iowa OL Chad Rinehart is scheduled to visit with the Minnesota Vikings in April.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Spielman signs extension
    Wed, 2 Apr 2008 14:15:07 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings signed Rick Spielman, vice president of player personnel, to a contract extension, confirmed by owner Zygi Wilf Tuesday, April 1. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Senate rejects proposal for stadium study
    Wed, 2 Apr 2008 13:28:09 -0700

Kevin Duchschere, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Senate rejected a proposal for a $2 million study on how to replace the Minnesota Vikings stadium, the Metrodome. The study was removed from the tax bill on a vote of 41 to 22. It was originally approved by the Senate Texas Committee.

Vikings | Team to meet with J. Jones
    Wed, 2 Apr 2008 13:21:27 -0700

In an interview on SIRIUS NFL Radio Movin' the Chains, University of Eastern Michigan DL Jason D. Jones said he will meet with the Minnesota Vikings.

Vikings | Team not expected to extend Birk's contract
    Wed, 2 Apr 2008 12:05:55 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress confirmed the team has no plans to extend the contract of C Matt Birk. Childress said he would rather see how Birk plays in 2008 before deciding whether the Vikings want to retain him.

Vikings | Team signs Frerotte
    Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:25:20 -0700

ESPNews reports the Minnesota Vikings signed free-agent QB Gus Frerotte (Rams) to a multi-year deal Wednesday, April 2. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: KFFL Vikings tidbits (2 April 2008)

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

WTF??? What is it with Minnesota Legislation that they keep refusing to help the vikes get a stadium???... I feel like they almost want them to leave even though (with help lately) we sell out everygame... WTF???...

I'm not from nor have ever been to Minnesota but what is it with the politicians up there.?? they give the Twins and Gophers one, but no love for the Vikes??... what's the deal?

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress confirmed the team has no plans to extend the contract of C Matt Birk. Childress said he would rather see how Birk plays in 2008 before deciding whether the Vikings want to retain him.
    I actually like this side of Chilly...make the guys prove they are still worth the money before handing out freebie fat contracts.
    He is getting up there in age...no sense in overpaying when basically rebuilding the team anyways.

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    WTF??? What is it with Minnesota Legislation that they keep refusing to help the vikes get a stadium???... I feel like they almost want them to leave even though (with help lately) we sell out everygame... WTF???...

I'm not from nor have ever been to Minnesota but what is it with the politicians up there.?? they give the Twins and Gophers one, but no love for the Vikes??... what's the deal?
    I have quite a bit of family still living in MN (Wildwoman does as well).

The problem, as they've articulated it to me" is that the predominance of the voters aren't even football fans, are heavily taxed, and don't want any of thier money spent on a thing they see as "Of No Value to Them".

They see it as a waste money when the state has bigger issues to worry about (Health care, school upgrades, road infrastructure repairs etc).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

Vikings | Senate rejects proposal for stadium study
    Wed, 2 Apr 2008 13:28:09 -0700

Kevin Duchschere, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Senate rejected a proposal for a $2 million study on how to replace the Minnesota Vikings stadium, the Metrodome. The study was removed from the tax bill on a vote of 41 to 22. It was originally approved by the Senate Texas Committee.
    No wonder it was approved, it wasn't their money.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

just re-sign him. he's a fan favorite, and he knows what he's doing. he's just a veteran.. don't choose to not resign him because he skipped some workouts..

urg.. re-sign him!
    i m better than you, so just give up...

"Potus2028" wrote:

just re-sign him. he's a fan favorite, and he knows what he's doing. he's just a veteran.. don't choose to not resign him because he skipped some workouts..

urg.. re-sign him!
    Two things.....

Its got nothing to do with his not participating in workouts.
    According to the 3rd article Singer provided on this, the front office did try to get a deal done, but the talks broke off.
    Didn't say why but I assume it was because they gave him an offer based on his play last year.

2. He might be a fan favorite, but his play wasn't stellar last year.
    Why should they over pay for a guy just because it will make a few fans happy if his play isn't up to the value of the contract?

My take is they will let him play this year and if his productivity increases they will give him what he is due (as they did with Phat Pat) if his play isn't up to par he will be playing someplace else next year regardless of how many fans beeeyyyyattccchhh.