Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: KFFL Tidbits 3/15/08 Interest in Nall?

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Craig Nall?[/size]

Veteran QB on Vikings’ Radar

By Tim Yotter
    rubechat.kfan.com

Posted Mar 15, 2008

With only two quarterbacks on the roster, the Vikings have shown an interest in a veteran free agent. See what his agent had to say about the seriousness of the discussions and what other teams are in the mix.....
    What?
    You mean the Vikings actually looked at QB that wasn't associated with the Chiller.
    No way.
    Say it isn't so.
    We all know that the Chiller (and not Foley/Spielman) only brings in his guys...... ;D

When he became a free agent in 2006, the first year of Brad Childress’ tenure in Minnesota, the Vikings were close to signing Nall as a backup to Brad Johnson, but he ultimately decided to sign with the Buffalo Bills.
    “What we’re looking for – and basically the reason we’re at a standstill – is we’re looking for a situation where he’d come in and be a solid No. 2. Nobody is guaranteeing that. We’re kind of in more of an evaluation situation right now.”

With the Vikings, Nall likely would compete with Brooks Bollinger for the No. 2 role behind starter Tarvaris Jackson.
    Hmmmm, someone on here keeps saying that BB isn't a lock as the backup this year and that he will have to compete with another Vet to win that job.
    Wonder who that guy is?
    I think he keeps saying our QB situation will look like this going into OTA's.

TJ
    BB
    Vet
    Rookie

With the ultimate QB situation going into the season being

TJ
    BB or VEt
    Rookie
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ragz is offline GM

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

By Tim Yotter
    rubechat.kfan.com

Posted Mar 15, 2008

With only two quarterbacks on the roster, the Vikings have shown an interest in a veteran free agent. See what his agent had to say about the seriousness of the discussions and what other teams are in the mix.....
    What?
    You mean the Vikings actually looked at QB that wasn't associated with the Chiller.
    No way.
    Say it isn't so.
    We all know that the Chiller (and not Foley/Spielman) only brings in his guys...... ;D

When he became a free agent in 2006, the first year of Brad Childress’ tenure in Minnesota, the Vikings were close to signing Nall as a backup to Brad Johnson, but he ultimately decided to sign with the Buffalo Bills.
    “What we’re looking for – and basically the reason we’re at a standstill – is we’re looking for a situation where he’d come in and be a solid No. 2. Nobody is guaranteeing that. We’re kind of in more of an evaluation situation right now.”

With the Vikings, Nall likely would compete with Brooks Bollinger for the No. 2 role behind starter Tarvaris Jackson.
    Hmmmm, someone on here keeps saying that BB isn't a lock as the backup this year and that he will have to compete with another Vet to win that job.
    Wonder who that guy is?

TJ
    BB
    Vet
    Rookie

TJ
    BB or VEt
    Rookie
    okay marr first things first.
    you have to stop crotch sniffing thigpen.
    we took him late, thought he could slip through waivers so he could be our practice squad qb, and i've seen like 10 posts by you how losing him was such a big deal.
    he may turn out to be a solid player but has alot of developing to do, but i dont think our draft revolves around replacing the 6th or 7th round pick that got away last year.

2ndly if bollinger is our backup that to me thats a failure on our personel department.
    going 0-4 with our backup qbs last year probably cost us a playoff spot last year.
    with the way things are now in the league, where having a solid qb is essential to keep your head above water when your starter goes down(unless you are the mannings of the world) we cannot go in with the same guys as last year.
    now we didn't seem agressive at least on the free agent market for veteran backups, such as brunnel, gray, green, or whoever.
    maybe we are focusing more so on swinging a trade before the draft.
    but if that's the case and a deal don't get done, i'm gonna be a bit pissed.
    cuz some of these veterans that were out there i think would be an upgrade over brooks.
    the difference between the vikes and redskins last year was todd collins vs. holcomb/bollinger.
    theres no reason it should happen again.
    lets just hope tavaris stays healthy and plays well.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

"ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

By Tim Yotter
    rubechat.kfan.com

Posted Mar 15, 2008

What?
    No way.
    Say it isn't so.

Wonder who that guy is?

TJ
    BB
    Vet
    Rookie

TJ
    BB or VEt
    Rookie
    we took him late, thought he could slip through waivers so he could be our practice squad qb, and i've seen like 10 posts by you how losing him was such a big deal.
    he may turn out to be a solid player but has alot of developing to do, but i dont think our draft revolves around replacing the 6th or 7th round pick that got away last year.

2ndly if bollinger is our backup that to me thats a failure on our personel department.
    going 0-4 with our backup qbs last year probably cost us a playoff spot last year.
    with the way things are now in the league, where having a solid qb is essential to keep your head above water when your starter goes down(unless you are the mannings of the world) we cannot go in with the same guys as last year.
    now we didn't seem agressive at least on the free agent market for veteran backups, such as brunnel, gray, green, or whoever.
    cuz some of these veterans that were out there i think would be an upgrade over brooks.
    the difference between the vikes and redskins last year was todd collins vs. holcomb/bollinger.
    FIRSTLY.... ;D

Look I'm not enamoured with Thygpen or a crotchsniffer.
    My point is that because they lost him it put the QB solution a year behind the curve.
    Again, don't attribute the posts to Thygpen but to the idea/rationale behind taking him.

Additionally, I don't think I ever said in any of those posts I liked him but aluded more to the point that they will draft a kid (ala Thygpen) and will not try to sneak him onto the practice roster.

Check and get back with.
    ;D

SECONDLY.... ;D (good to have ya back).

You will also not that I contend that we will bring in another Vet to compete with BB for the backup position and in most instances you will see that I make the Vet the Backup without even knowing who he is at this point cause whoever they bring in will probably be better.

Again, check and get back with me.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I can see it. He fits the profile of every other QB they have brought in so far.

LOL !

Just when I thought all the rocks had been turned over out pops another potential gem.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

ragz is offline GM

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

By Tim Yotter
    rubechat.kfan.com

Posted Mar 15, 2008

What?
    No way.
    Say it isn't so.

Wonder who that guy is?

TJ
    BB
    Vet
    Rookie

TJ
    BB or VEt
    Rookie

FIRSTLY.... ;D

My point is that because they lost him it put the QB solution a year behind the curve.
    Again, don't attribute the posts to Thygpen but to the idea/rationale behind taking him.

Additionally, I don't think I ever said in any of those posts I liked him but aluded more to the point that they will draft a kid (ala Thygpen) and will not try to sneak him onto the practice roster.

Check and get back with.

;D

You will also not that I contend that we will bring in another Vet to compete with BB for the backup position and in most instances you will see that I make the Vet the Backup without even knowing who he is at this point cause whoever they bring in will probably be better.

;D
    ha ha ha.
    no i hear yah, but your overview was much more non-chalant.
    having a qb roster of tjack, bb, and a rookie is gonna piss me off big, due to what happened last year.
    to me our developmental qb is tjack, then we need a veteran who can win to step in if he struggles or gets injured.
    then we can take a flyer on a guy and let him develop as the 3rd stringer.
    to me thats got to be the process.
    bollinger is nice and all but i think what he can do has been established and the backup qb situation has to be upgraded.
    i was just busting you balls cuz you have mentioned thygpen quite a few times.
    but i got you to start out a post with "firstly" so mission accomplished

"ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

By Tim Yotter
    rubechat.kfan.com

Posted Mar 15, 2008

What?
    No way.
    Say it isn't so.

Wonder who that guy is?

TJ
    BB
    Vet
    Rookie

TJ
    BB or VEt
    Rookie

FIRSTLY.... ;D

Check and get back with.

;D

;D
    ha ha ha.
    having a qb roster of tjack, bb, and a rookie is gonna piss me off big, due to what happened last year.
    to me our developmental qb is tjack, then we need a veteran who can win to step in if he struggles or gets injured.
    bollinger is nice and all but i think what he can do has been established and the backup qb situation has to be upgraded.
    Again, Glad your back.

You know who else we need around here to get things all stirred up?
    Purplexing (or whatever his name was).
    I liked that guy.

ragz is offline GM

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=43251.msg741022#msg741022 date=1205666914]

By Tim Yotter
    rubechat.kfan.com

Posted Mar 15, 2008

What?
    No way.
    Say it isn't so.

Wonder who that guy is?

TJ
    BB
    Vet
    Rookie

TJ
    BB or VEt
    Rookie

FIRSTLY.... ;D

Check and get back with.

;D

;D
    ha ha ha.
    Again, Glad your back.

You know who else we need around here to get things all stirred up?
    Purplexing (or whatever his name was).
    I liked that guy.
    [/quote]
    yah, he was a ball buster.
    is he not around anymore?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123