Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    tbone0217 is offline Training Camp

Re: Kfan's first Mock... INTERESTING!!!!!!!

I know I'm on an island but Cutler does nothing for me, I hope he is gone before we pick at 17 so there will be no temptation to take him. I think this is a very thin QB class so by default Cutler becomes a sexy pick, I don't see him becoming and NFL stud. I'd rather get Greenway or Sims at 17 and use a third round pick on Jacobs or Croyle or Whitehurst.
    tbone0217

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

"tbone0217" wrote:
    I know I'm on an island but Cutler does nothing for me, I hope he is gone before we pick at 17 so there will be no temptation to take him. I think this is a very thin QB class so by default Cutler becomes a sexy pick, I don't see him becoming and NFL stud. I'd rather get Greenway or Sims at 17 and use a third round pick on Jacobs or Croyle or Whitehurst.
    I'm on that Island with you, man. Cutler is mostly just hype, he reminds me WAY too much of Kyle Boller. We already had a good statistical QB (Culpepper), but our organization obviously prefers winners (B.Johnson). M. Leinart and V. Young will both be gone but how about someone from a winning team,

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"tbone0217" wrote:
    I don't think so, it wouldn't disappoint me if we took Williams or White but I think we have all the RB's we need. I don't think Leber is the answer at LB.
    I agree... kind of.

We are solid enough at running back to not draft one in the first round. But if one of the more attractive RBs drop, we may take that chance... after all, the draft is deep in defense this year.

However, defense, particulary LB, willbe our first priority. Leber will be a good LB, but he plays Sam or Willy. We need a stud Mike to make this scheme work, and as much as I like EJ, I don't see him filling that role.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

T-bone...its not likely I agree with Rooks..but yeah I agree with you.

Cool, our island lacks beer and chicks, try and bring some with you.

I agree about the stat knock, Cutler has been described as a gunslinger that thinks a strong arm gives him the privledge of throwing into tight situations. That description scares the crap out of me (that might be why our island has that odor). We don't need a gunslinger, we won last year becasue we replaced our gunslinger with a smart QB who made smart decisions with the ball, I'd like a 22 year old version of Brad Johnson. Any gunslinger that is taken in the first round is going to think he needs to make an immediate impression which invariably will result in int's.
    tbone0217

Wow, my island is starting to fill up. I wouldn't be such a Rook but my very first post last December got be absolutely lit up. It took me three months to recover and send out another "controversial post". In hindsight I probably deserved to get razzed in December, I have no idea where I came up with the idea that we should consider trading Pep for a 2nd round pick, I'm a dumba$$.
    tbone0217

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

lol...i was joking...hey you where right lol

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345