Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ragz is offline GM

Re: THE key to success!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I think a big key to AP's success will come down to wether he decides to protect himself, I'm enamored with AP and what he can do but in reality "The Honest world" it will take more than a good oline to keep him from getting injured. He must tone it down at times and live another play. Although it is fun to watch just like Emmit has said you have to learn to protect your body as a RB.

TOO KEVINCOX:
    Bryant McKinnie is a huge liability, see once McKinnie starts to drink he is unable to control himself resulting in bad situations. He's 100% responsible for what he does, regardless of wether it was a team boat party. If we decide to keep the looser on our team and he decides to make another mistake we could be without him for a whole year. I believe getting rid of him and bringing in another guy would be the safest bet. According to the way we have recently delt with these situations it leads me to believe he's gonna be gonzo.

DOn't you see something wrong in celebrating a trade for a guy that had 3 DUIs in 4 years and then bashing MAc for his incidents. Allen just seems to have gotten himself together and it took him 5 years to do so and a LEAGUE Suspension.

Allen faces the same suspension that Mac faces. I believe Mac will get 4 games(since it's his first league suspension) and shouldn't we stand by Mac since we are willing to forgive and forget Allen? I just find i incredible that people can look at a guy that is more of a habitual offender than Mac and defend the TRADE we are going to make for him and then Bash MAC as a loser and a ruffin. The love boat incident and the club incident are un related and not similar. However, 3 DUIs shows me that at tha point in his life, he didn't care anout anything; the law, his life, his team mates or the publics well being. Allen could have killed me. Mac just beat down a bouncer( i don't think he hit the bouncer just that he was swinging the pole)
    that's a fight between him and the bouncer. MAc le down
    himself and hist team.
    losing mac this year for how many games its going to be is gonna hurt us, but i wouldnt go as far as to say he is irreplaceable in the long run.
    i mean for this year we're screwed either way cuz of the suspension, but watching him go up against the better pass rushers he gets beat too much, especially by speed guys.
    at his size if he didn't destroy guys in the running game he'd really be worthless.
    he seemed to really come into his own through the middle of the year last year and you didn't hear boo from his side.
    but then in the last 3 games he again had lapses in alot of big spots.
    it's like i think he's terrible, it's that he's been inconsistent in pass blocking and at this point of his carreer he should be pass that.
    if we are gonna talk about him in the same breath of some of the best guys in the league, he has to be dominant otherwise he's just middle of the pack.
    and then factor in the off field stuff and he might be pushing himself outta town.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I think a big key to AP's success will come down to wether he decides to protect himself, I'm enamored with AP and what he can do but in reality "The Honest world" it will take more than a good oline to keep him from getting injured. He must tone it down at times and live another play. Although it is fun to watch just like Emmit has said you have to learn to protect your body as a RB.

TOO KEVINCOX:
    Bryant McKinnie is a huge liability, see once McKinnie starts to drink he is unable to control himself resulting in bad situations. He's 100% responsible for what he does, regardless of wether it was a team boat party. If we decide to keep the looser on our team and he decides to make another mistake we could be without him for a whole year. I believe getting rid of him and bringing in another guy would be the safest bet. According to the way we have recently delt with these situations it leads me to believe he's gonna be gonzo.

DOn't you see something wrong in celebrating a trade for a guy that had 3 DUIs in 4 years and then bashing MAc for his incidents. Allen just seems to have gotten himself together and it took him 5 years to do so and a LEAGUE Suspension.

Allen faces the same suspension that Mac faces. I believe Mac will get 4 games(since it's his first league suspension) and shouldn't we stand by Mac since we are willing to forgive and forget Allen? I just find i incredible that people can look at a guy that is more of a habitual offender than Mac and defend the TRADE we are going to make for him and then Bash MAC as a loser and a ruffin. The love boat incident and the club incident are un related and not similar. However, 3 DUIs shows me that at tha point in his life, he didn't care anout anything; the law, his life, his team mates or the publics well being. Allen could have killed me. Mac just beat down a bouncer( i don't think he hit the bouncer just that he was swinging the pole)
    himself and hist team.
    The Vikes can just provide him with a permanent limo as part of his contract, then we won't have to worry about DUIs

McKinnie has proven to be a dope when he is drunk while Jared Allen has made some bad decisions as well.
    The difference is that you can get a DUI after drinking 2 beers (one beer if you get the breathilizer right after), but you can kill a guy by hitting him with a metal pole (especially at Big Turd's size).
    I don't know the details of Allen's DUIs, but I think most of us would be lying if we said we had never driven after tossing back a couple with the guys.

Allen also seems to be focused on making a career for himself while Big Turd seems to care only about pleasing himself regardless of the effects it will have on his teammates and coaches.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

TOO KEVINCOX:

himself and hist team.
    The Vikes can just provide him with a permanent limo as part of his contract, then we won't have to worry about DUIs

McKinnie has proven to be a dope when he is drunk while Jared Allen has made some bad decisions as well.
    The difference is that you can get a DUI after drinking 2 beers (one beer if you get the breathilizer right after), but you can kill a guy by hitting him with a metal pole (especially at Big Turd's size).
    I don't know the details of Allen's DUIs, but I think most of us would be lying if we said we had never driven after tossing back a couple with the guys.

Allen also seems to be focused on making a career for himself while Big Turd seems to care only about pleasing himself regardless of the effects it will have on his teammates and coaches.
    Wow I didn't know Allen had a DUI much less three.
    I would say it is slightly hypocritical to jump all over Mckinnie but just ignore the fact that Allen has already been suspended for drinking and driving twice in one year.
    You want to talk about a suspension risk?
    Allen does something like that again and I'm thinking he's bye bye for a whole year.
    I'm not against the trade, but I think the people who jumped all over Big Mac should maybe go a little easier on him if they're all for trading for DUI Allen.

With this information known I fully expect the law and order crowd to be bashing this trade, and demanding more character and morals out of the Vikings FO.
    ;D

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"Schutz" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

TOO KEVINCOX:

himself and hist team.

I would say it is slightly hypocritical to jump all over Mckinnie but just ignore the fact that Allen has already been suspended for drinking and driving twice in one year.
    Allen does something like that again and I'm thinking he's bye bye for a whole year.
    I'm not against the trade, but I think the people who jumped all over Big Mac should maybe go a little easier on him if they're all for trading for DUI Allen.

With this information known I fully expect the law and order crowd to be bashing this trade, and demanding more character and morals out of the Vikings FO.

;D

You mean the Wilf's with their higher standards, and new moral code. Hmmmm what to do.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Schutz" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

TOO KEVINCOX:

himself and hist team.

;D
    I think the biggest bulk of argument in that thread was the guilty vs. not guilty posts.

I'm sure in this case the DUI's will weigh heavily into the decision the Vikings have to face & I'd hate like hell to see them give up multiple picks only to possible watch him not play in the league for a year.

I view a drinking problem more differently than I do violence off the field & have been wondering if McKinnie himself has one or not. I also never saw McKinnie as a great LT primarily because of his inconsistancy at pass blocking.

Before I can speak intelligently about Allen's drinking problem I would have to know when the DUI's have occurred & how long he's been sober. My gut feelings are McKinnies problems are just beginning where as Allen may have a handle on his. I believe someone mentioned it's been 5 years since Allen's last DUI & if that's true, that is a positive sign.

But is Allen sober or has he just not been in trouble for drinking in some time? If he's sober, the first year or two are the hardest, but that's not to say he couldn't fall back into his old habits. We saw K-Rob do it when he couldn't make it his first year.

If Allen does have the 5 years of sobriety, I'd be more willing to make a trade than I would if he was only sober for say a year. But again, that is no guarantee he'll remain sober. I have seen people with 20 years sobriety throw it all away on a bad decision that puts them right back to where they were 20 years earlier.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Bring this man and hire him a driver,but bring him....

Funny the fallen man was a Buc... ;D

El underdog.

Singer, Allen's last DUI was in 2006.

"Schutz" wrote:
    Thanx Schutz.

2 years isn't a lot of time until now. Being an alcoholic in recovery myself I'm all for second chances. Lord knows I was given one. I certainly hope the Vikings are taking the DUI's into heavy consideration before giving away picks.

You know you're getting a damn good player, but there's definitely risk involved in it. The bottom line is, are the Vikings willing to take that risk? It could be the best move we've made in decades or it could turn & bite us in the ass.

With 9 picks in this years draft, it would be the year to do it, IMO. BUt I definitely wouldn't consider giving up a 1st & a 2nd in this years draft. We are more than likely going to take a DE with our first pick anyways & we have two 3rds, so losing the later one of those wouldn't hurt us to bad.

But on the other side of the coin, how far up in the draft could that same 1st & 3rd move us & who would they possibly be able to get in that slot?

"singersp" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    Thanx Schutz.

2 years isn't a lot of time until now. Being an alcoholic in recovery myself I'm all for second chances. Lord knows I was given one. I certainly hope the Vikings are taking the DUI's into heavy consideration before giving away picks.

You know you're getting a gol 'darnit good player, but there's definitely risk involved in it. The bottom line is, are the Vikings willing to take that risk? It could be the best move we've made in decades or it could turn & bite us in the jiggly butt.

With 9 picks in this years draft, it would be the year to do it, IMO. BUt I definitely wouldn't consider giving up a 1st & a 2nd in this years draft. We are more than likely going to take a DE with our first pick anyways & we have two 3rds, so losing the later one of those wouldn't hurt us to bad.

But on the other side of the coin, how far up in the draft could that same 1st & 3rd move us & who would they possibly be able to get in that slot?
    On the upside he is still young.
    Sometimes it's not so much a drinking problem as much as an immature problem.
    I've known guys who have gone to prison who aren't heavy drinkers but just don't know when not to drive, and I've known a friend of mine who got in a an accident where someone died and he was the driver, he hasn't touched a drop since.

So I hope we don't get another K-Rob if we trade for him, but it's very hard to tell when it comes to stuff like DUIs.
    I mean jeeze, how hard is it to call a limo?

"Schutz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    Thanx Schutz.

You know you're getting a gol 'darnit good player, but there's definitely risk involved in it. The bottom line is, are the Vikings willing to take that risk? It could be the best move we've made in decades or it could turn & bite us in the jiggly butt.

On the upside he is still young.
    Sometimes it's not so much a drinking problem as much as an immature problem.
    I've known guys who have gone to prison who aren't heavy drinkers but just don't know when not to drive, and I've known a friend of mine who got in a an accident where someone died and he was the driver, he hasn't touched a drop since.

So I hope we don't get another K-Rob if we trade for him, but it's very hard to tell when it comes to stuff like DUIs.
    I mean jeeze, how hard is it to call a limo?
    The problem with drinking is the more one drinks, the smarter they think they are. How many times have we said/heard, "I'm OK, I can drive".

The other thing is, with a 0.08 legal limit, it doesn't take that many drinks to get you there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast