Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Re: THE key to success!

"C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    It funny how 1 Mia night club fight can change he way you are percived on the internet. Lol.
    Last year everyone was talking about how good the left side of our line is. Now MAc is a liability? You would think that we would have learned about how foolish it is to let you talented stars walk for NO F'N reason with the Moss disaster.

Actually, if you had even been on the boards during last season, you'd know that many, many members were questioning his pass-blocking abilities... calling for a trade long ago.

Second, this isn't the first incident with McKinney. Something involving a boat, i think?
    i actually think he has 4 incidents to his name

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

davike is offline Team Alumni

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    I have figured out the key to success:

[youtube=425,350]V_jfRUokLLs&hl=en[/youtube]
    LMAO

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    It funny how 1 Mia night club fight can change he way you are percived on the internet. Lol.
    Last year everyone was talking about how good the left side of our line is. Now MAc is a liability? You would think that we would have learned about how foolish it is to let you talented stars walk for NO F'N reason with the Moss disaster.

Actually, if you had even been on the boards during last season, you'd know that many, many members were questioning his pass-blocking abilities... calling for a trade long ago.

Second, this isn't the first incident with McKinney. Something involving a boat, i think?

I think this is his third. I don't count the love boat incident as one because it was more of a group/ team party that went horribly wrong( or right
    ;D).
    Secondly, I know you hink his pass blocking skills are poor bu they real aren't. Odgen got hit up for 3 sacks against the colts a few years back. He hasn't had a stable QB to learn his tendacies which aids in pass blocking. It's important to know whether a QB will step up or shift further down the line when he feels pressure coming from the outside. We just haven't hat that consistancy at QB. He looked great when we have Pepper here for all of thoses years( man scheme vs. zone). Since then we have gone Brad, Tj. Holcomb, and BB. If we get rid of Mac we will be fools. He is a great OLineman and teams will jump all over him.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:

If we get rid of Mac we will be fools. He is a great OLineman and teams will jump all over him.
    If we didn't get something for him... then you're DEAD ON...

However, he is TOO talented to just release him...... he's a franchise LT, somebody will want him and be willing to negotiate for him.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I think a big key to AP's success will come down to wether he decides to protect himself, I'm enamored with AP and what he can do but in reality "The Honest world" it will take more than a good oline to keep him from getting injured. He must tone it down at times and live another play. Although it is fun to watch just like Emmit has said you have to learn to protect your body as a RB.

TOO KEVINCOX:
    Bryant McKinnie is a huge liability, see once McKinnie starts to drink he is unable to control himself resulting in bad situations. He's 100% responsible for what he does, regardless of wether it was a team boat party. If we decide to keep the looser on our team and he decides to make another mistake we could be without him for a whole year. I believe getting rid of him and bringing in another guy would be the safest bet. According to the way we have recently delt with these situations it leads me to believe he's gonna be gonzo.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I think a big key to AP's success will come down to wether he decides to protect himself, I'm enamored with AP and what he can do but in reality "The Honest world" it will take more than a good oline to keep him from getting injured. He must tone it down at times and live another play. Although it is fun to watch just like Emmit has said you have to learn to protect your body as a RB.
    TOO KEVINCOX:
    Bryant McKinnie is a huge liability, see once McKinnie starts to drink he is unable to control himself resulting in bad situations. He's 100% responsible for what he does, regardless of wether it was a team boat party. If we decide to keep the looser on our team and he decides to make another mistake we could be without him for a whole year. I believe getting rid of him and bringing in another guy would be the safest bet. According to the way we have recently delt with these situations it leads me to believe he's gonna be gonzo.

Using Emmitt is a terrible example.
    Emmitt had the most powerfull line any runningback has ever had, he didnt need to protect shit.
    All Emmitt had to do is hold onto the ball and run threw the 10 foot wide hole.
    Ohh and dont forget about the Moose leading the way threw the holes to take out the linebackers.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"davike" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I have figured out the key to success:

[youtube=425,350]V_jfRUokLLs&hl=en[/youtube]
    LMAO
    OMG this is hilarious!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"PackSux!" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    TOO KEVINCOX:

Using Emmitt is a terrible example.
    Emmitt had the most powerfull line any runningback has ever had, he didnt need to protect pooh.
    All Emmitt had to do is hold onto the ball and run threw the 10 foot wide hole.
    Ohh and dont forget about the Moose leading the way threw the holes to take out the linebackers.
    I don't know about that, RB is a very physical position, the run blocking wasn't always good for Emmitt, he took a beating simply because he was a RB, they all do. Emmit has been on TV several times saying its an art as RB to learn how to "fall" and when you should head for the sidelines. Running with a reclous abandon is never a good idea, for Peterson to stay healthy it will take some of what Emmitt new how to do wether you like it or not. 10 Foot wide holes and perfect runblocking is fantasy.

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

"Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    I read in another thread just a bit ago that the key to success was bringing in players with big names
    ??? I don't know who to believe.....
    Big names with big butts will be fine!
    Aboslutely LOL
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsTw" wrote:

TOO KEVINCOX:

DOn't you see something wrong in celebrating a trade for a guy that had 3 DUIs in 4 years and then bashing MAc for his incidents. Allen just seems to have gotten himself together and it took him 5 years to do so and a LEAGUE Suspension.

Allen faces the same suspension that Mac faces. I believe Mac will get 4 games(since it's his first league suspension) and shouldn't we stand by Mac since we are willing to forgive and forget Allen? I just find i incredible that people can look at a guy that is more of a habitual offender than Mac and defend the TRADE we are going to make for him and then Bash MAC as a loser and a ruffin. The love boat incident and the club incident are un related and not similar. However, 3 DUIs shows me that at tha point in his life, he didn't care anout anything; the law, his life, his team mates or the publics well being. Allen could have killed me. Mac just beat down a bouncer( i don't think he hit the bouncer just that he was swinging the pole)
    that's a fight between him and the bouncer. MAc le down
    himself and hist team.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast