Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Kevon's Draft Sleeper list...

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Nice effort, but I hope you are wrong. :P

If Kenny Phillips and Devin Thomas are both available at our slots in the first and second rounds, I will be very disappointed if we don't pick at least one of them.
    Do you like Smith better than Phillips for a reason, or do you think our staff will like Smith better for a reason?
    I think Ellis could fall to the 3rd round, but rumors are we like Jason Jones from Eastern Michigan.
    I think we are picking him up in the 3rd to fill in our DE position.
    IMO Thomas will be a better WR than D. Jackson because he has better size and hands and still has game-breaking speed and agility.
    He might be the steal of the draft in the second round at 17.
    How I work this is I check out every teams web site as well as reading articles/ESPN/NFLN stuff to determine a teams needs.

Then I use a couple of products I pay for like the link below (top 100) and select players based on teams need/BPA.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_..._prospects.htm

Kenny Phillips is the 43rd best player at a position I feel we need to address in the first round.
    I plugged in a guy that is ranked 36th.

Kevin Thomas is a WR and I don't have the Vikes addressing that need via the draft but rather via FA as we already have enough youth (with alot of talent) at that position.

Note:
    I did this a month or so ago, and again, it needs to be updated, but here is how/what I saw team needs were at that time.

2008 NFL Draft Analysis
    Currently guessing at order.
    Ties, playoffs, and trades will affect order.
    1. Miami Dolphins -
    Team Needs: CB FS SS DT OLB ILB
    What will the Tuna (Bill Parcells) do here.
    I look for him to have his coaches attempt at developing John Beck as the franchise QB of the future and try to trade this pick to someone else so that he can get more guys in via the draft.
    If he uses this pick I believe the Tuna will have his staff get the best Defensive player on the board be it a DE, DT or Secondary pick.
    St. Louis Rams -
    Team Needs: OT LB CB S OG
    Not sure what this new staff will do.
    I look to see them shore up the OL with this pick as it will go along way in keeping their Franchise QB on the field all year.
    New York Jets -

Team Needs: DE FS WR OLB OT OG
    Another team that is gonna be hard to figure out. They did get Thomas Jones but might take the best running back here at this pick.
    Atlanta Falcons -
    Team Needs: RB QB CB OT C WR RB
    I will have to watch to see who they get to be their coach and how they straighten out their front office but suffice it to say, they will take the best QB available at this spot.
    If they don’t they will have a revolt by the masses.
    New England Patriots (from San Francisco) -
    Team Needs: ILB OLB CB
    The Pats continue to show why they are the best organization in the league.
    Loose their pick at 32 for cheating but still pick in the top 5.
    They are getting old at LB so logic would dictate going here, but if they loose Samuel maybe they pick a CB here.
    Baltimore Ravens -
    Team Needs: CB OLB ILB DE DT
    They really need to address their QB situation in this draft.
    Maybe not at this position but someplace in the draft.
    Probably take the best defensive guy here.
    Kansas City Chiefs -
    Team Needs: OT CB WR OG RB
    They need a lot of help across the board, however a young QB behind this declining OL is just asking for trouble.
    Probably take a OL here in an effort to protect their young signal caller.
    Oakland Raiders -
    Team Needs: S DE OT WR CB DT
    They go with the best safety here. They will get OL help later in the draft.
    Cincinnati Bengals -
    Team Needs: DT DE OLB SS
    The Gals need to fix their DT problems.
    Until they do that teams will be able to run at will on them.
    Chicago Bears -
    Team Needs: QB OG OT WR S RB OLB
    I really look to see the Bears become very active in the FA period.
    They will have to find an answer for QB there I believe as well as draft someone to replace Wrecks Grossman, but until they fix their OL issues it really won’t matter. (RT)
    11. Arizona Cardinals -
    Team Needs: OLB CB OT ILB
    Which one is the bigger letdown, Antrel Rolle or Eric Green?
    I would take Griff, Gordon or McCauley over either of them for a long time solution.
    Look for the Cards to go CB here if one of the top 2 or 3 are still available.
    .Denver Broncos -
    Team Needs: DT ILB S OT
    Believe it or not I look for them to address issues at WR sometime early on in the draft.
    Brendon Marshall might have sealed his fate with his run in with the coach and Jevon is still a disappointment.

Carolina Panthers -

Team Needs: QB DE SS FS ILB DE OT
    Were to go on this one.
    I always default to a pass rusher when I have a team with this many needs.
    Because they spent/wasted a pick on a QB (I am glad we didn’t get) they might not try to fix that error through the draft, at least not this soon.

Detroit Lions -

Team Needs: CB ILB OT SS TE
    Another team that shows how bad a front office can mess up a team.
    They draft the best OT here and move Jeff Backus to guard, improving the unit in two spots.

Philadelphia Eagles -

Team Needs: WR SS OT TE CB OLB
    If I am right, there is gonna be a rush on OL this draft.
    The Iggles have two old dudes (Jon Runyan and William Thomas are both 33-years old) that they need to start worrying about finding replacements for.

New Orleans Saints -
    Team Needs: DT OLB ILB CB S RB
    The Saints need a middle linebacker to build their defense around.
    Additionally, I look to see if they might just look for a RB somewhere in the later rounds to compliment their franchise player.
    McCallister seems to be oft injured.

Buffalo Bills -

Team Needs: CB WR FS OLB DT
    A legitimate threat opposite Lee Evans would really help open up the offense, and give Trent Edwards a nice pair of weapons to work with.

Houston Texans -

Team Needs: RB CB SS FS ILB OT
    With defensive end Mario Williams stepping up and having a Pro Bowl-type season, the Texans
    can look to this spot in an effort at
    finding a stud running back.

Washington Redskins -

Team Needs: S OT DE WR OG CB ILB
    A team on a serious downhill slide no matter how far they go in the playoffs.

They have mortgaged the bank with respect to picks and are in serious trouble with CAP space.
    Look for the Skins to trade this pick for more latter round (cheaper players) which they can provide some much needed depth with.
    If they pick here I look for them to go with the best S on the board.
    Tennessee Titans -

Team Needs: CB WR DE DT FS OG
    Vince Young needs some weapons to work with if he is ever going to become a complete quarterback.
    21. Minnesota Vikings -
    Team Needs: DE WR QB S CB OT/OG
    The Vikes have the luxury this year of only drafting for depth and future starters.
    With that said, Erasmus James just can’t stay healthy and the team desperately needs some a guy who can get double digit sacks from the right side.

I look for the Vikes to address this issue via FA and go with the best player available at either the WR, S, or OT position.
    I also look for them to add another signal caller someplace in the 4-5th round depending on how the QB’s go off the board.
    Seattle Seahawks -
    Team Needs: OG WR TE RB
    The Seahawks offensive line has struggled a bit since losing Steve Hutchinson to our beloved Vikings, and could use a player they could plug in at guard for now. They could also take a good RB here is the right guy is sitting there.
    Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland)-
    Team Needs: WR CB NT OT S
    Another team like the Vikes who are drafting for depth and not so much need.
    Look for them to find a playmaker (WR) on offense or one on (CB) defense someplace with their first two picks.
    Pittsburgh Steelers -
    Team Needs: ILB OT OG DE CB WR
    The Steelers will be looking for more consistency from the right tackle position, and should address the position in the early rounds of the draft if they don’t shore up the position in free agency.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers -
    Team Needs: OT WR QB RB CB DT
    Ronde getting old and Buchanan has never lived up to his potential.
    Look for them to address their aging secondary or OT position here.
    26. New York Giants -
    Team Needs: OLB S CB OG C P FB
    This is a tough one to figure out.
    They will probably go Defense here, probably in the secondary. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them get a QB in the latter rounds to spark Eli’s play.
    San Diego Chargers -
    Team Needs: OT DE NT OG S
    Not much of a need here.
    They will draft for dept, probably at their weakest position OT.
    28. Jacksonville Jaguars -
    Team Needs: WR S CB DE OT OG
    Jack Del Rio (one of my favorite Vikes) goes with the best pass rushing DE here.
    The could also get another weapon for Garrard if someone slips to them in the WR position.
    29. Green Bay Packers -
    Team Needs: RB OT OLB CB
    I hate to say it but this team has done a good job of putting some very good youth at almost all positions.
    Harris and Woodson are among the best corner duos in the NFL, but they’re not getting any younger. Drafting a top corner this year would allow the team to work him into the rotation slowly.
    They could also look to add depth at RB here as well if the right guy drops to them.
    30. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis) -
    Team Needs: WR OT OG FS CB
    The Niners have to get a WR someplace.
    Maybe these guys are a candidate to move up someplace and take the best WR in the draft.
    31. Dallas Cowboys -
    Team Needs: WR CB NT OT S
    Another team like the Vikes who are drafting for depth and not so much need.
    Look for them to find a playmaker (WR) on offense or one on (CB) defense someplace with their first two picks.
    32. New England Patriots -
    Team Needs: ILB OLB CB
    This is the Patriots forfeited pick.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I expect us to neglect Qb and adrress other needs here are my sleep per pics per round for the Vikings.

1st - Derrick Harvey, DE - Great pass rusher
    2nd - WR Adarius Bowman - A young TO ( minus the issues)
    3rd - Andre Caldwell / Sweed - Depending on combine
    3rd - Tom Zbikowski
    4th - Erin Henderson, Brign the brothers together( he's talanted too)
    5th - Ray Rice - Rutgers
    6th -
    Jermichael Finley, - Texas
    7th -
    Matt Flyn - LSU

I think we got everything we need.
    A DE, 2 wrs a Safty, a LB, a back up RB, TE and a QB....

Yeah, Rice will be gone on the first day unless something dramatic happens between now and the end of April.
    No way Henderson is around in the fourth round either.
    He is a solid first day pick and a lot of mocks have him going in the late first and early second round.
    We traded our 6th for that turd QB from Philly...KY Jelly Holecum.
    I have a bad feeling about Harvey.
    I think he is moderately overrated as a pass rusher.
    I would rather take Calais Campbell, or just pick up a DE like Jason Jones in a later round and take Kenny Phillips or Malcolm Kelly.
    Otherwise I like the rest of your picks.
    I think a lot of you guys missed the point of this post.

It was intended as a SLEEPER list, meaning guys that would be great value should the slip to us at our spot
    I understand that these players would be great value in these rounds, but I am also realistic and don't see any way Henderson or Rice go past the first day.
    And we don't have a 6th round pick, but if we did, I doubt Finley makes it there either.
    Just my opinion...and 99% of the mock drafts out there.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I expect us to neglect Qb and adrress other needs here are my sleep per pics per round for the Vikings.

1st - Derrick Harvey, DE - Great pass rusher
    2nd - WR Adarius Bowman - A young TO ( minus the issues)
    3rd - Andre Caldwell / Sweed - Depending on combine
    3rd - Tom Zbikowski
    4th - Erin Henderson, Brign the brothers together( he's talanted too)
    5th - Ray Rice - Rutgers
    6th -
    Jermichael Finley, - Texas
    7th -
    Matt Flyn - LSU

I think we got everything we need.
    A DE, 2 wrs a Safty, a LB, a back up RB, TE and a QB....

Yeah, Rice will be gone on the first day unless something dramatic happens between now and the end of April.
    No way Henderson is around in the fourth round either.
    He is a solid first day pick and a lot of mocks have him going in the late first and early second round.
    We traded our 6th for that turd QB from Philly...KY Jelly Holecum.
    I have a bad feeling about Harvey.
    I think he is moderately overrated as a pass rusher.
    I would rather take Calais Campbell, or just pick up a DE like Jason Jones in a later round and take Kenny Phillips or Malcolm Kelly.
    Otherwise I like the rest of your picks.
    I think a lot of you guys missed the point of this post.

It was intended as a SLEEPER list, meaning guys that would be great value should the slip to us at our spot
    I understand that these players would be great value in these rounds, but I am also realistic and don't see any way Henderson or Rice go past the first day.
    And we don't have a 6th round pick, but if we did, I doubt Finley makes it there either.
    Just my opinion...and 99% of the mock drafts out there.
    Oh yah, Matt Millen will draft Desean Jackson 'cause he is the "best athlete availiable" Trying out italics so that folks can tell when I am being sarcastic ;D Actually, he probably will draft Jackson. My stone cold lock of the draft.
    Tuco the world.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123