Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Kevoncox's Final Mock Draft!!!

Here we go. I'm not going to waste any of your time. Get to reading!

1) Fins - J.Long- I told you guys he would go # 1 when Matt Ryan and C. Long were the names being tossed around.

2) Rams - C. Long - I'm not buying the smoke screen of trying to get Dorsey. Long is the guy that will help L. Little get back to top form. Last year;s DTs selection makes STL go DE with this pick.

3) Falcons - G. Dorsey - With the release of Rod Coleman, Atl is left with Jonathan Babineaux and Trey Lewis as it's starters. What do you mean you've never heard of them?

4) Raiders - Vernon Gholston - Yes, Run DMC is a faster Marcus Allen. Yes, Al Davis is a draft mad man. However, he gets this pick right and some of his credibility back.

5) Saints(Trade w/ Cheifs) - S. Ellis - The Saints know that the Bengals are sitting waiting for Ellis to fall for to them. They trade up and grab the run stopper they are searching for.

6)Jets - Darren McFadden - The Jets gets some help with Mac. The right choice here.

7) Pats - Keith Rivers-
    Their Lbs aren't getting any younger. Knowing the Pats, they trade down and ruin my draft. Stinking Pats!!!
    >

8) Ravens - Matt Ryan - The Raven's stay put and they Still get their man. The only team that can hurt their chances of landing Ryan was ATL. I think # 3 is too much for Ryan and too expensive for a team to trade up to.

9) Bengals - Ryan Clady - With Thurman back and Rivers gone, the Bengals next need is RT. Willie Anderson was drafted in 1996. Clady will slide to the RT position.

10) Chiefs - Chris Williams - A bit of a reach for them at # 10 but hey, they just picked up another 2nd/3rd round pick.

11) Bills - D. Harvey - They saw what pressure did to Brady in the superbowl and they are betting that Kelly or Hardy is still there in the 2nd round.

12) Broncos - Branden Albert -
    They wanted Clady and their biggest needs are WR and S are a bit of a stretch. They take the best guard available.

13) Panthers - Rashard Mendenhall - The Panthers want to return to their thunder and lighting running game. They take a physicall runner to pair with Williams.

14) Bears -Jeff Otah - I think these guys were stupid for letting Tank and Thomas Jones go. I think they try to fix their QB problem by fixing their line play. They take Otah to sure it up.

15) Lions - Leodis McKelvin - They signed Kelly and will let McKelvin battle for a starting spot.

16) Cards - Dominique Cromartie - This another disapointing draft for the Cards. Taking the best Cb available however, is a good step forward.

17) Cheifs - Michael Jenkins - Merling did not runa nd his stock plummets because of it. The Chiefs go Jenkins who is a play maker.

18) Texans - Jonathan Stewart - They need a run game. Stewart is the answer.

19) Eagles - Devin Thomas - McNabb finally has a WR. Too bad he's has only about 2 years left with the team.

20) Bucs - Jerod Mayo - His stock is raising fast and Brooks is getting old. A WR is an option here as well.

21) Skins - Sweed - We've heard about the trade but it doesn't get done. Skins take Sweed, the Big WR they wanted.

22) Cowboys - Felix Jones - The 'Boys need a Rb and they take a slasher to pair with Barber.

23) Steelers - Kenny Phillips - The Steelers defense needed help in the passing game. I think with most of the corners off the board, safty is the way to go. Phillips gets the nod.

24) Titans - Merling - The titans addr Wr in the 2nd round. They take Merling to replace their losses at DE.

25) Seahawks - Kentwan Balmer - They need a TE but this guy is too good to pass up. There will be alot of
    TEs in the later rounds.

26) Jags - Calais Campbell -
    Merling is gone but Campbell is comparable. Jags take their man.

27) Chargers - Deshawn Jackson -
    The
    one positions the Chargers lack is a productive WR. Jackson is always a question mark and Chambers isn't getting fastert, Davis and Jackson will fight for he third WR spot and Jackson will earn his money in the return game along with Sproles.

28) Cowboys - James Hardy - 6'5 and runs a 4.5 forty? They'll take him.

29) 49ers - Quentin Groves - His versitility gets him the Nod here and will allow the 49ers to do move Lawson, and or Willis to the inside in some packages.

30) Green Bay - Aqib Talib - The Packers need a Nickle corner who can eventually be moved into the starting lineup.

31) Giants - Reggie Smith - They need a Cb or S. Reggie smith can play both position.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Kevoncox's Final Mock Draft!!!

Like the trade early.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I could be totally wrong but I could see Sweed slipping out of the first round, his injury issues and lack of production strike to some teams. He's physically gifted and went to Texasthis will help his hype factor. I actually prefer Jordey Nelson over him and Malcom Kelly.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I could be totally wrong but I could see Sweed slipping out of the first round, his injury issues and lack of production strike to some teams. He's physically gifted and went to Texasthis will help his hype factor. I actually prefer Jordey Nelson over him and Malcom Kelly.
    I agree Nelson may ave better stats but I think Sweed's size is just too much to pass up.
    He ran a 4.49 right?

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I agree Nelson may ave better stats but I think Sweed's size is just too much to pass up.
    He ran a 4.49 right?
    I don't believe he ran in the 4.4 range it was 4.54 I think which is a good time no doubt, especailly for his size.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    He ran a 4.49 right?
    Who do you think we will take in the 2nd?

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Like the trade early.

I like that trade too...definitely see the Chiefs moving down to get more picks.

In addition, some comments:

a) I think the Cheaters will try to move ahead of the Jets (if Davis picks McFadden and Gholston is still there).
    b) I don't like Campbell in the first round.
    c) Would love the Pack to get Talib...we'll burn his butt all day long. ;D
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    He ran a 4.49 right?
    I don't believe he ran in the 4.4 range it was 4.54 I think which is a good time no doubt, especailly for his size.
    http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=1209

they have it a 4.46

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=8826

they have it at 4.48

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"baumy300" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    He ran a 4.49 right?
    Who do you think we will take in the 2nd?

I like Baker in the 2nd.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

I hope you're right VM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast