Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Kevoncox's 1st Round Mock Draft

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    Nice mock draft! I liked many of the picks and it started off really good, but...
    I think you have too many receivers in there and some of them you have drafted too early.
    Also, I don't think Brohm will fall that far. He'll probably be gone around the middle of the first round BEFORE the Vikings' 17th selection.

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion. I think you did a great job, thanks for the post!

Keep up the good work!!!
    I only have 4 WR being taken and they are pretty late in the draft.
    I think I neglected CB in this draft.

However Sweed to the Bills is logical at 11. They are looking for a Wr
    Kelly to the Eagles make sense as well. Unless they go saftey
    Skins need a Large WR and with Sweed and Kelly gone they are forced to take Hardy
    The boys would have addr Rb and CB.
    I just don't think so many receivers are first round materials in this years draft. I think Limas Sweed is a huge reach at 11. That was the first pick that took me by a surprise when I was looking down the page (No actually it was McFadden at first, but I quickly understood why it would makes sence in a way. They might do it after they saw the success Vikings had when they picked AD when we already had a good runningback in CT)

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"HEY" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    Nice mock draft! I liked many of the picks and it started off really good, but...
    I think you have too many receivers in there and some of them you have drafted too early.
    Also, I don't think Brohm will fall that far. He'll probably be gone around the middle of the first round BEFORE the Vikings' 17th selection.

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion. I think you did a great job, thanks for the post!

Keep up the good work!!!
    Mark My words he Bills take a WR @ 11. It's their biggest need. Unless one of the studs fall to them.
    But you are right I have too many WRs and not enough CBs. I forgot D. jackson at the bucs...I played WR in high school and college...I'm a bit biased i guess.
    I only have 4 WR being taken and they are pretty late in the draft.
    I think I neglected CB in this draft.

However Sweed to the Bills is logical at 11. They are looking for a Wr
    Kelly to the Eagles make sense as well. Unless they go saftey
    Skins need a Large WR and with Sweed and Kelly gone they are forced to take Hardy
    The boys would have addr Rb and CB.
    I just don't think so many receivers are first round materials in this years draft. I think Limas Sweed is a huge reach at 11. That was the first pick that took me by a surprise when I was looking down the page (No actually it was McFadden at first, but I quickly understood why it would makes sence in a way. They might do it after they saw the success Vikings had when they picked AD when we already had a good runningback in CT)

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Chazz" wrote:
    Quote from: Marrdro on Today at 05:11:41 am
    Quote from: DustinDupont on Today at 04:23:09 am
    Quote from: marstc09 on Today at 04:14:28 am
    Quote from: kevoncox on Today at 03:52:11 am
    Quote from: Nephilim on Today at 01:37:42 am
    Udeze is a pass rusher...were do you get this information from Kevon with your draft stategy and also your insight. I would question it.
    Udeze was drafted 17 overall by the vikings and (yes) has yet to prove himself-plus his battle with cancer now is huge thing, don't you think?
    Udeze also set a NCAA record with sacks why the +++ would have they drfated him if they didn't think he was a pass rusher...the vikings sure did. Udeze yes has yet and I almost can sincerely hope will be able to prove you and many naysayers out there wrong...and if he doesn't make it..at least the poor man with leukemia tried...

You can call him a pass rusher if you want to. It's a free country. However, if you do you will have to admit he is a poor pass rusher.
    So you can call him a goof run stopper or a poor pass rusher. Your choice.

Udeze was a pass rusher in college so your point about Merling not being a pass rusher in college is worthless.

Well Udeze was a pass rusher in college but when you go to the pros u r going to be playing better competition so his sacks are going to go down but when your not that great of a pass rusher in college like Merling, i just dont see how he would be good in the pros

Pro coaching will help elavate his play.

Again, the plus for Merling is that he can play all DL positions and play them well.
    However,if you try to compare him (or Keneche) against the skill sets of a edge rusher he will look bad as that isn't his forte'.

Well said my friend. I just hope Harvey falls to us so we do not get into this position.

Me too, or we do make a trade for a elite DE

What makes you so sold on Harvey being a sack artist?? When he went up against Jake Long his production was less than impressive, to say the least. And Long is not considered a can't miss OT. To emphasise this, take a look at Gholston against Long, and then counter that with Harvey against Long. Then tell me if Harvey is the beast you think he is. I would rather take Merling to fill in for Udeze and then alternate with him when he comes back. Look for our edge rusher in the later rounds. Ala, Robison. I still think Robison can be the answer. He just needs some moves to go with his speed rush, which will keep the OT off balance and always guessing.
    Jake Long is as much of a lock as Joe Thomas was last year...and last time I checked, Thomas made the Pro Bowl as a rookie.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456