Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Re: Kevoncox's 1st Round Mock Draft

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Not sure why you don't consider Merling to be a "real" pass rusher.
    His Sack #'s 7 in 2007 before that 2 was his season highest. 12 Total sacks in a 3 yr career.
    More than any individual on our team last year. Udeze has 11 in four years in the NFL. Udeze set a school record with 28 as a 3 year starter. Whats your point? How does that prove what he is going to do in the NFL? Ray Edwards had 12 sacks as a 2 year starter in college. This year for us he had 5 sacks.
    Is that supposed to be a big number?
    That's below average considering the attention the Williamses get and how much Ray Edwards played.
    he was suspended 4 games so he prolly would have gotten more

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Udeze is a pass rusher...were do you get this information from Kevon with your draft stategy and also your insight. I would question it.
    Udeze was drafted 17 overall by the vikings and (yes) has yet to prove himself-plus his battle with cancer now is huge thing, don't you think?
    Udeze also set a NCAA record with sacks why the +++ would have they drfated him if they didn't think he was a pass rusher...the vikings sure did. Udeze yes has yet and I almost can sincerely hope will be able to prove you and many naysayers out there wrong...and if he doesn't make it..at least the poor man with leukemia tried...

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Nephilim" wrote:
    Udeze is a pass rusher...were do you get this information from Kevon with your draft stategy and also your insight. I would question it.
    Udeze was drafted 17 overall by the vikings and (yes) has yet to prove himself-plus his battle with cancer now is huge thing, don't you think?
    Udeze also set a NCAA record with sacks why the +++ would have they drfated him if they didn't think he was a pass rusher...the vikings sure did. Udeze yes has yet and I almost can sincerely hope will be able to prove you and many naysayers out there wrong...and if he doesn't make it..at least the poor man with leukemia tried...
    You can call him a pass rusher if you want to. It's a free country. However, if you do you will have to admit he is a poor pass rusher.
    So you can call him a goof run stopper or a poor pass rusher. Your choice.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    His Sack #'s 7 in 2007 before that 2 was his season highest. 12 Total sacks in a 3 yr career.
    More than any individual on our team last year. Udeze has 11 in four years in the NFL. Udeze set a school record with 28 as a 3 year starter. Whats your point? How does that prove what he is going to do in the NFL? Ray Edwards had 12 sacks as a 2 year starter in college. This year for us he had 5 sacks.
    You're comparing College numbers to the pros?Udeze isn't a pss rusher. He's mor eof a run stopper.
    You're helping to prove my point.
    That is exactly what I said in my post. Didn't you read it? What does his college stats have to do with what he will do in the NFL?

"Nephilim" wrote:
    He put up huge sack numbers on a USC team that played in a very poor confence. Yes the PAC - 10 is better now but it was aweful in the start of this millienia.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    That's below average considering the attention the Williamses get and how much Ray Edwards played.
    When did I say it was a big number?

"marstc09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    You're comparing College numbers to the pros?Udeze isn't a pss rusher. He's mor eof a run stopper.
    You're helping to prove my point.
    That is exactly what I said in my post. Didn't you read it? What does his college stats have to do with what he will do in the NFL?
    You don't draft a guy that has yet to show sucess at what you are trying to do. If you draft a De that has only had 2 sacks in his career, he probally won't turn out to be the 17 sack monster you want him to be in the pros. Basically, if you can't do it in college, chances are you won't be able to do it in the pros.

No you are comparing Merlings 7 sacks in college against Robinson's 5 sacks in the Pros?
    That makes no sense. 7 college sacks are nothing like getting 5 against the top talent in the world.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Looks like Edwards is right on track to meet is 12 sack per 2 years total.
    I don't want to spend the 17th pick for Merling so that he continues his 4 sacks/yr averge. Did i mention that he played along side Gaines Adams and only got 2 sacks!!!!
    When did I say it was a big number?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    very interesting, especially 5, 6, 7, and 8.

i'm thinkin ot for the bears bt rb is interesting as well.

like a ot for the vikes.
    quick question though, howcome merling is a steal for jags but not vikes?

very nice draft my friend. ;D
    Thats what I was wondering!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    very interesting, especially 5, 6, 7, and 8.

i'm thinkin ot for the bears bt rb is interesting as well.

like a ot for the vikes.
    quick question though, howcome merling is a steal for jags but not vikes?

very nice draft my friend. ;D
    He a steal in the sense that the Jags gets the guy they probally projected would fall to them. He's a good player for that draft position. He's a reach at 17. Also he is not a pass rusher. He's more of a run stuffer(see tackles to sack ratio)
    Not buying that. We need a DE but you are making me think twice. I wouldn't be against the OL help.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast