Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: Kevoncox's 1st Round Mock Draft

So the Vikings won't draft for depth at QB, but the Packers who have trained this "golden boy" Aaron Rogers are going to use a first round pick on a QB?
    I'm confused.

I like quite a few of the other picks, but the only other one I'm not 100% is the Mcfadden one, I just don't think Al Davis is going to let him pass.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

very interesting, especially 5, 6, 7, and 8.

i'm thinkin ot for the bears bt rb is interesting as well.

like a ot for the vikes.
    quick question though, howcome merling is a steal for jags but not vikes?

very nice draft my friend. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Schutz" wrote:
    So the Vikings won't draft for depth at QB, but the Packers who have trained this "golden boy" Aaron Rogers are going to use a first round pick on a QB?
    I'm confused.

I like quite a few of the other picks, but the only other one I'm not 100% is the Mcfadden one, I just don't think Al Davis is going to let him pass.
    I think we take an OT in the first because they are comeing off the board faster than Qbs. I believe our FO believes a QB can be had in the 2nd easily. With Flacco, Brohm, Woodson and Booty still on the board. Why reach and take Brohm?

The reason why Mac won't get drafted...Bush...No not Reggie, Micheal Bush. As in Top 5 pick and would have pushed AD for the best Rookie Rb of last year if not for his broken foot. Well bones heal and he has had a year to recover....Just some info on him should you have forgotten

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2007/draft/players/7095.html

POSITIVES: Big, powerful ball carrier with terrific football instincts. Patient, waits for blocks to develop and makes defenders miss in a small area. Slides through the open creases of the offensive line, has a slashing style and is tough to bring down.

NEGATIVES: Runs with an upright style and is prone to taking a lot of hard hits. Suffered with minor nicks and bruises during his sophomore and junior campaigns. Does not take his conditioning seriously, and tires over the course of the game.

ANALYSIS: A big, strong ball-carrier who also can run with a finesse style, Bush offers great potential for the next level. Durability issues and weight problems will push him further into the draft than most expect. Has the tools to be a productive starting back

PROJECTION: Middle Sixth Round

2005 Stats - 1150 yds and 23tds
    2006 stats - 128 ards 3 tds- Broker his foot in 1 half of 1st game and still had 3 tds..lol
    His biggest knock was 1) An upright running style and 2) Poor pass blocking. Who does that sound like?

"Marrdro" wrote:

like a ot for the vikes.

Intresting is Marr - speak for WTF ?!
    Lol. I feel strongly that the Chiefs are the mostly likely team to gamble on MacFadden. An OT or Cb can always be selected at a later round. The only issue I have with it is the amount of money they would have at wrapped up in Rbs alone.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

like a ot for the vikes.

Lol. I feel strongly that the Chiefs are the mostly likely team to gamble on MacFadden. An OT or Cb can always be selected at a later round. The only issue I have with it is the amount of money they would have at wrapped up in Rbs alone.
    I think the Chiefs have to many holes to fill to take a RB in the first round.
    A stud RB like LJ can't do anything behind that horrible offensive line and with an average passing game.
    Their secondary is also worthless.
    If they take Run DMc, somebody needs to lose their job.
    A more likely place for McFadden to fall would be the Jets.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

like a ot for the vikes.

A stud RB like LJ can't do anything behind that horrible offensive line and with an average passing game.
    What are the holes? OL? There isn't and OL worthy of this pick. You take the Best Player available and then you patch your Line thru the draft.They are sold with Croyle at QB. They just signed a WR and Drafte Bowe in the 1st round last year.Outside of addressing the OL, which they can use their other picks on. The Jets taken him makes almost no sense. They have Thomas Jones, Leon Washington.

"Marrdro" wrote:

like a ot for the vikes.

He a steal in the sense that the Jags gets the guy they probally projected would fall to them. He's a good player for that draft position. He's a reach at 17. Also he is not a pass rusher. He's more of a run stuffer(see tackles to sack ratio)

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

like a ot for the vikes.

no its not my friend.
    just limited in my capacity to type alot to say more.
    i actually like it.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

like a ot for the vikes.

What are the holes? OL? There isn't and OL worthy of this pick. You take the Best Player available and then you patch your Line thru the draft.They are sold with Croyle at QB. They just signed a WR and Drafte Bowe in the 1st round last year.Outside of addressing the OL, which they can use their other picks on. The Jets taken him makes almost no sense. They have Thomas Jones, Leon Washington.
    Clady and Long are 2 tackles that are worthy of top five picks.
    Worthiness is subjective.
    I would take about 20 players before I took McFadden.
    Like Mayock says, his legs stop when he gets hit.
    I would take Mendenhall or Stewart ahead of him.

The Jets have Thomas Jones who is OK but not great, and Leon Washington is primarily a return guy who occasionally makes a nice play on offense too.
    Not exactly a lineup that strikes fear into the hearts of defensive coordinators.

BPA is a nice concept, but if a team has 2 or 3 players ranked very close, I'm betting they take the player that fills a need first, and McFadden doesn't fill a need for the Chiefs at all.
    If they want a RB besides Colby to backup LJ next season, they will have lots of chances to grab one in the later rounds.
    Rice, Johnson, Forte, Etc. will all be available later.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

like a ot for the vikes.

Clady and Long are 2 tackles that are worthy of top five picks.
    Worthiness is subjective.
    I would take about 20 players before I took McFadden.
    Like Mayock says, his legs stop when he gets hit.
    I would take Mendenhall or Stewart ahead of him.

The Jets have Thomas Jones who is OK but not great, and Leon Washington is primarily a return guy who occasionally makes a nice play on offense too.
    Not exactly a lineup that strikes fear into the hearts of defensive coordinators.

BPA is a nice concept, but if a team has 2 or 3 players ranked very close, I'm betting they take the player that fills a need first, and McFadden doesn't fill a need for the Chiefs at all.
    If they want a RB besides Colby to backup LJ next season, they will have lots of chances to grab one in the later rounds.
    Rice, Johnson, Forte, Etc. will all be available later.
    Couldn't you say the same thing about us last year. We had Ct ( who by the way is not better than T. Jones)
    and we could have adressed major need for a pass rusher
    or CB or WR and instead we took AD. It's all subjective but i seriously think that several teams are going to copy our format of having more than 1 elite backs on their roster. Besides the Cheifs don't know if Lj is going to return to his usually form.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast