Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Kevoncox's 1st Round Mock Draft

Hey everyone,
    I spent a good amount of time researching and analyzing team needs and free agent signings. I also looked over a couple of Mock Drafts and compared them to where I think most teams will look to address their needs. Nethless to say everyone won’t agree with my choices( no one agrees with me any other time anyways) but I hope you enjoy it.

1)Dolphins: Jake Long – I think the Tuna, realizes that he can get a solid DE to play along side Taylor in the 2nd round. I expect the Fins to take a top LT in the 1st and slide V. Carey to the RT side (where he belongs)

2)Rams: Chris Long - With L. Little getting long in the tooth and coming back from injuries, the

Rams will use this pick to address the DE position. A LT for O. Pace would be an option as well but Long, is too good to pass up.

3)Falcons: Glenn Dorsey: I wanted to go Gholston with this pick but I think in the 3-4 that Atlanta runs a Dominant DT is more important. After spending a 1st on Jamaal Anderson last year and Abraham. Dorsey is just too big and too fast to pass on.

4)Raiders: Gholston – With Edwards just signed. The team’s biggest issues become WLB and WR.
    I believe that Gholston is such a talent that Davis will draft him and convert him to a WLB. Rivers is also an option.

5)Chiefs: McFadden – LJ went down last year and the Chiefs were helpless with out him. With a combo of Mcfadden and LJ, the Chiefs have their combo of speed and power. A OT or OG could be a fit here as well.

6)Jets: Matt Ryan – With no really good QB on the roster, the Jets look to bring on what scouts believe to be the best QB prospect in this year’s draft. With this move Chad Pennington gets cut, Clemens get the start.

7)Pats: Rivers – OLB. CB is an issue but the Pats have always done more with less in that department. The age of their LB core is getting up there. Rivers will be groom to take over for Bruschi. The rich gets richer. ( I hate this team)

8)Ravens:
    Ryan Clady – Ogden is this season’s biggest question mark. The Raven’s addr their QB needs in round 2.

9)Bengals: Sedrick Ellis - How do you fix the worst run defense in the league? Easy get a dominant Run stopping DT. Lets hope that Thurman is allowed to comeback.

10)Saints: K. Phillips: LB is a need but the saints are really just looking for depth at the position. With Simoneau to add depth for all 3 positions, it’s not a need. With CB addr with G*y, Phillips becomes the next Mia safety to make the transition to the league.

11)Bills: Sweed – You’ve got Lee Evens at SE and “The Beast” at RB. The only thing left is to add a dominant target at WR. Sweed adds a larger target for a young QB.

12)Broncos: Chris Williams – With almost no depth at OT the broncos need someone. Why not take the most athletic OT left on the board? This guy screams Denver OL.

13) Panthers: Rashard Mendenhall – They already have an outside speedster and need a RB that can play between the tackles. Enter Mr. Mendenhall. All other positions on this team has been Addr. DT could be an option in the later rounds.

14) Bears: Johnathan Stewart, I danced the jig when T. Jones was traded. Unfortunately, the front office will realize this as well and get a real running back. WR could be an option but I wouldn’t expect a Qb in the 1st round.

15) Lions: McKelvin – Too fast and too good not to be selected. It’s also a position of need now that the best RBs are off the table.

16) Cards: Harvey – B. Berry played 9 games last year and had 2.5 sacks. Harvey is too good a prospect to pass up and the back up RB and CB will be available in the second.

17)VIKES BABY: Jeff Otah, No real Pass rushers left and Run Stoppers are in heavy supply and not a huge need( Wyms)

18) Texans: Cromartie – The buzz from his Cousin will get him a look. It doesn’t hurt that he appears to be just as good a physical specimen.

19) Eagles: Kelly – Mcnabb wanted a Playmaker, and he gets one.

20) Bucs: Desean Jackson – With no real # 2 WR and Galloway is getting older every year, look for the Bucs to take Jackson to replace him.

21)Skins: Hardy – The skins get a lot of help in the passing game with a large target. Randle El moves back to the slot and their offense gets even better. OU’s Smith may be an option here to give the skins hat Safety tandem they wanted last year.

22) Cowboys: Jones – The AU connection. If you can’t get McFadden get his backup who happens to fit your needs perfectly? Elite quickness to the outside. Barber will be the heavy workhorse in between the tackles. No need for corner, they get Pac Man.

23) Steelers: Branden Albert – Steel City
    address the loss of their All pro- Guard with a Guard ready to step in and play from day 1.

24)Titans: Aqib Talib - Quick Name the Titans Cbs? Harper and …..Right. Merling is worth a gamble here as well.

25) Seahawks: Kentwan Balmer – They lost Wym and will replace him with this DT.

26) Jags: Merling – The jags make out like bandits getting Merling with this pick.

27) Chargers: Reggie Smith – They lost their RT but he had been replaced by the end of last season anyway. Many believe that Hart is not the answer.

28) Cowboys: Devin Thomas – A gifted WR is needed as a security buffer should Glenn’s age become a factor. Clayton and Thomas will eventually be a potent duo of the boys.

29) 49ers: Dan Connor. With most of the top WRs off the boards the 49ers go BPA. Mr. Connor teamed with Willis will give this defense some real teeth.

30)Greenbay: Brohm – Not sold on Rodgers? Neither are the Pack. Brohm is brought in as an insurance policy and fills a need at Qb. Now point and laugh at them as the QB controversy rips the team apart.

31)Giants: Dajuan Morgan: Simply put, Sammie Knight is not the answer. Ever!

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Kevoncox's 1st Round Mock Draft

Actually a pretty good mock, a lot of suprising picks or ones most people wouldn't make on their mocks, but all in all, its actually a pretty realistic when you look at each team's situation...

For the Vikes pick though, you don't think Merling will be grabbed? He's a pretty good pass rusher, i guess his stock really dropped missing the combine/pro day though, I still think a pass rushing DE is a big need, but so is and OT with or without McKinnie i suppose.

Quick question for anyone really, i really don't know much about the guy, but why hasn't Quentin Groves name been mentioned for us? i've read some analysises on him, and he sounds like a good pass rusher. Again i don't know much about the guy, im just curious.

Pretty good Kevon
    ;D

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    Actually a pretty good mock, a lot of suprising picks or ones most people wouldn't make on their mocks, but all in all, its actually a pretty realistic when you look at each team's situation...

For the Vikes pick though, you don't think Merling will be grabbed? He's a pretty good pass rusher, i guess his stock really dropped missing the combine/pro day though, I still think a pass rushing DE is a big need, but so is and OT with or without McKinnie i suppose.

Quick question for anyone really, i really don't know much about the guy, but why hasn't Quentin Groves name been mentioned for us? i've read some analysises on him, and he sounds like a good pass rusher. Again i don't know much about the guy, im just curious.

Pretty good Kevon
    ;D
    Thanks, I expect to get killed on the Chiefs choosing McFadden choice but if you think about it it makes sense. LJ was hurt last year and it killed their offense. Why not keep wear off LJ's tires and make your team explosive. You already have a great WR in Bowe and you can ad a # 2 in the 3 round. QB, OL and CB are other needs.

Here is a little about Groves

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/quentingroves.html

Also, i think he may be available to us in the 2nd and he may project as a LB in the Pros.

"Extremely inconsistent and lacks a great motor...Undersized and doesn't have the ideal bulk that you look for..Isn't stout at the point...Marginal instincts, awareness and recognition...Limited pass rush repertoire...Too aggressive at times...Slow off the line...Has trouble shedding blocks...Poor technique..A questionable work ethic."

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:

Pretty good Kevon
    ;D
    Thanks, I expect to get killed on the Chiefs choosing McFadden choice but if you think about it it makes sense. LJ was hurt last year and it killed their offense. Why not keep wear off LJ's tires and make your team explosive. You already have a great WR in Bowe and you can ad a # 2 in the 3 round. QB, OL and CB are other needs.

Also, i think he may be available to us in the 2nd and he may project as a LB in the Pros.

"Extremely inconsistent and lacks a great motor...Undersized and doesn't have the ideal bulk that you look for..Isn't stout at the point...Marginal instincts, awareness and recognition...Limited pass rush repertoire...Too aggressive at times...Slow off the line...Has trouble shedding blocks...Poor technique..A questionable work ethic."

The McFadden pick by the chiefs actually makes sence to me, thanks for the link, i can see why not many people are huge on Groves now, especially if he's more LB material in the pros...and im not huge on the guys with questionable work ethic, obvisouly better choices, unless he drops a ways.

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:

Pretty good Kevon
    ;D

The McFadden pick by the chiefs actually makes sence to me, thanks for the link, i can see why not many people are huge on Groves now, especially if he's more LB material in the pros...and im not huge on the guys with questionable work ethic, obvisouly better choices, unless he drops a ways.
    Don't read too much into it. Everyone has poor work habits for this guy.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Not sure why you don't consider Merling to be a "real" pass rusher.

"marstc09" wrote:
    His Sack #'s 7 in 2007 before that 2 was his season highest. 12 Total sacks in a 3 yr career.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    His Sack #'s 7 in 2007 before that 2 was his season highest. 12 Total sacks in a 3 yr career.
    More than any individual on our team last year. Udeze has 11 in four years in the NFL. Udeze set a school record with 28 as a 3 year starter. Whats your point? How does that prove what he is going to do in the NFL? Ray Edwards had 12 sacks as a 2 year starter in college. This year for us he had 5 sacks.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    More than any individual on our team last year. Udeze has 11 in four years in the NFL. Udeze set a school record with 28 as a 3 year starter. Whats your point? How does that prove what he is going to do in the NFL? Ray Edwards had 12 sacks as a 2 year starter in college. This year for us he had 5 sacks.
    You're comparing College numbers to the pros?
    Udeze isn't a pss rusher. He's mor eof a run stopper.
    You're helping to prove my point.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Is that supposed to be a big number?
    That's below average considering the attention the Williamses get and how much Ray Edwards played.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast