Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Kevin Curtis a Viking?? ????

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    To be honest with ya I don't think this guy is worth all this fuss he is average receiver and not worth this much trouble and i hope the Vikes don't sign him.

Last year he had less than 500 yards receiving and 4 TD's, the year before he barely had 800 yards and that is his best year receiving.

Not worth the trouble, or worth getting into a bidding war for him!

I would rather see the Viking's get Antonio Bryant then Curtis and he is being over looked so maybe we could get him cheap.
    I wouldn't agree with that.

I think Curtis can be a solid starter. And I don't want another DUI-prone WR, who additionally is overrated.

At least Bryant has talent and is a threat Curtis is average at best and Bryant has already served 2 games of his suspension so he only has to serve 2 more games at the start of the 2007 season.

Bryant could be a # 1 receiver but Curtis is at best a 2 or 3 and we just signed Wade who is a 2 or 3 not a number 1.
    Again I disagree.

Last year when San Francisco improved along with QB Alex Smith he were not a big factor as their no. 1 guy.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

what about Carter?

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    To be honest with ya I don't think this guy is worth all this fuss he is average receiver and not worth this much trouble and i hope the Vikes don't sign him.

Last year he had less than 500 yards receiving and 4 TD's, the year before he barely had 800 yards and that is his best year receiving.

Not worth the trouble, or worth getting into a bidding war for him!

I would rather see the Viking's get Antonio Bryant then Curtis and he is being over looked so maybe we could get him cheap.
    I wouldn't agree with that.

I think Curtis can be a solid starter. And I don't want another DUI-prone WR, who additionally is overrated.

At least Bryant has talent and is a threat Curtis is average at best and Bryant has already served 2 games of his suspension so he only has to serve 2 more games at the start of the 2007 season.

Bryant could be a # 1 receiver but Curtis is at best a 2 or 3 and we just signed Wade who is a 2 or 3 not a number 1.
    If I remember right Bryant is a head case, who misses practices and holds himself higher then his team.

Curtis is average I can agree with that, but sadly IMO average is an upgrade on this team and perhaps enough of an upgrade to turn a 9-3 loss into a 17-3 win
    Not only what Del rio said but Curtis had those stats as a 3rd WR behind Holt and Bruce.
    I don't think any Viking (a 1st, 2nd or 3rd WR) had those stats the last 2 seasons.
    So what is it about Curtis don't people like?
    Please people look past stats and look at the entire picture.
    The good news is the Lions signed McDonald which tells me they have doubts about Curtis wanting to join them.
    Especially as close as Curtis and Martz are.

Also, things I didn't realize is Justin Gage from Chicago is a Free Agent.
    That kid is pretty good.
    If he has a consistent QB to throw him the ball I think he could be a hidden diamond.
    Copper from the Saints is also a FA.
    Neither would be a bad pick up IMO.
    Plus they would probably ome at a decent price.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Lions no longer in Curtis race.

KFFL

Lions | Team no longer pursuing K. Curtis
    Wed, 14 Mar 2007 21:19:36 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports the Detroit Lions are no longer pursuing free-agent WR Kevin D. Curtis (Rams). The Lions have grown weary of Curtis' indecision, according to sources close to the situation. The team has not completely shut the door on signing him, but the Lions have made it clear they will not get involved in a bidding war.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"UndisputedVike" wrote:

KFFL

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports the Detroit Lions are no longer pursuing free-agent WR Kevin D. Curtis (Rams). The Lions have grown weary of Curtis' indecision, according to sources close to the situation. The team has not completely shut the door on signing him, but the Lions have made it clear they will not get involved in a bidding war.
    I wonder if they have decided just to draft another wr in the first round......

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

curtis is a real solid player, but after watching him play for the rams the past couple of seasons, he seems to be a better fit in that sorta quick hitting offense where they spread the ball around..id love to have him on our team, but i dont think our offense is one that he would fit best into
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"UndisputedVike" wrote:

KFFL

DANG!!!
    The Lions did something smart for once!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

D'oh!!
    There goes Calvin, pick #2!!!@!
    Everyone keeps saying he is the best "overall talent" in the draft, and that you should try not to draft to needs...He might be gone b4 we know it...maybe we'll sign some of their leftovers?

Back to Curtis...Probably the best guy out there, fast enough, smart enough to pick up the KAO, and never really showcased, behind Holt and Bruce...Which, does have some good in that he hasn't taken nearly the beating they have either, similar to Chester behind JL.

Being an overthinker myself, I'm pretty sure Curtis is over-analyzing this to death, as it obviously effects his future tremendously..."Where can I shine?
    Who pays the best?
    Can any of these teams actually win a Superbowl?" etc...AND, I'm betting he wasn't an easy sell on the KAO!

However, if he doesn't sign with VY and the Titans (who have a more proven, offensive coach as well)
    I think we are his best chance to be a star, and if that happens, there will be more money down the road.
    So, I'm still hoping he'll come back our way...Pretty much the main reason I've been scanning the headlines lately, to see where he went.

Come on back Kevin, Mpls is a smart city, you'll like it here
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

This is actually good news for the Vikes.
    I think Curtis will give the other interested teams a fair evaluation now that Martz is out of the picture.
    Minnesota was the first team to get a visit out of him remember...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Re-read the article carefully.
    The Lions are not out of the running for Curtis.
    It said they will not get into a bidding war.
    If they made a bid, and that bid is currently the highest, and no other team gets off it's current offer, Curtis may end up in Detroit.

The teams in the running, IIRC, are the Vikes and Eagles, both of whom made offers, and the Giants and Lions.

This seems to imply Curtis will make a decision in a day or two, unless he visited
    Tennessee and the visit wasn't reported in the source I read 30 minutes ago.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast