Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Kerney on Vikings radar?

You kinda hit on my point, V4L.

The laws of supply and demand (mixed in with a lot of cap space around the league) will drive his price way up.

And with that being said, you also hit on my other point, would it be worth it to overpay? Probably.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

pick him up..as well as joe horn and keenan mccardell
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Right on..

I just think since we do have the money to spend.. And with even more coming along.. We should sign him since DE is one of our glaring needs..

The most pressure we got last year was from our run stuffin DT's and a couple rookie DE's made a few plays..

Kerney would be starting and getting that pressure we need.. Imagine if we could help out our pass D.. While keeping our Run D how it is.. DANGGGGGG

Defense wins championships.. Just have T-jack manage the game and if our pass D improves.. I think we can be a solid playoff contender barring what we do in FA/draft

One Love

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"V4L" wrote:
    Right on..

I just think since we do have the money to spend.. And with even more coming along.. We should sign him since DE is one of our glaring needs..

The most pressure we got last year was from our run stuffin DT's and a couple rookie DE's made a few plays..

Kerney would be starting and getting that pressure we need.. Imagine if we could help out our pass D.. While keeping our Run D how it is.. DANGGGGGG

One Love
    definatly feel you on the above points.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I'm more than willing to bet he's on our wishlist to an extent. If he's asking for too much money then it's a no go. He could be a good veteran presence, help with the pass rush, and mentor our 4 other young ends. Not to mention that he would probably make us a top 10 D-line in the NFL. We'll see how it plays out. Signing him would really free up our draft as far as trade down goes.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Just cut Udeze and get Kerney..

I just love the sound of this

Kerney..... Williams brozzzzz....... Erasmus

Top ranked run D.. And if we can get some pressure we have the players to get a top 20 pass D.. IMO

One Love

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

He may cost a lot, but I don't see any other FAs that would demand that type of money that we might go after. Might as well make him our FA prize. That would also give us more flexibility in the draft. Face it, all the best players we could use are likely gone by number 7. The only ones that may come down to us are DEs. If we suddenly don't need one of those, we would be able to get the BPA without being concerned that we left a need on the board. Get the WR in the 2nd round. Sign an OL. Who knows what we might could get trading down.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Kerney is a well proven vet, and just the ticket we need to get some presure on those apossing QB's..

I also say dump Udeze, he hasn't done much since being with us, would free up some cash to help bring Kerney here.

And I still wouldn't put out of the question, bringing in a DE with our 7th pick, there are two at the top of the lists for me...Gaines, cough Gaines cough...Kerney could and would be a great mentor to they young man.... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I think that we are better at DE (with Erasmus coming back) than many think we are...that being said, we HAVE to at least look at Kerney.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

POSTED 3:04 p.m. EST, March 2, 2007

BRONCOS HOLD KERNEY HOSTAGE?
    pft.com

Bill Williamson of the Denver Post reports that the Broncos are trying to get defensive end Patrick Kerney signed before he leaves the building.

Kerney is scheduled to fly to Seattle on Saturday.

The Broncos' new defensive line coach, Bill Johnson, spent six years with the Falcons.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast