Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: Kelly plans to become free agent

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    I'm for it if he will sign for a decent price.
    We can easily keep all five CB's on the active roster, especially if they do decide to move Griffin to safety.
    Nobody has to get cut and we have excellent depth at the CB position...sounds good to me.
    Aren't we going to be loosing a crap load of D- linemen this year?
    I think we need more depth at Lb. We're pretty thin.
    I agree we are thin at LB, but am less concerned about the DLine at this point.
    Remember though, we will have OLB Rufus Alexander back from injury...Ok, Ok, not exactly a savior, but I think he'll be a good special teamer at least.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  2. #12
    tgorsegner's Avatar
    tgorsegner is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    786

    Re: Kelly plans to become free agent

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    I'm not completely convinced he could beat out MaCauley and Griffin, but he may add some knowledge and experience.
    On the other hand, we do have Winfield, and he is a pretty good vet...

    I'm still not thinking CB is that big of a need.
    We need consistent pass rush pressure much more, and to have a hope of landing Allen, Suggs, or Smith, it will take some BIG Bucks!
    Or Gordon for that matter.

    Just another guy like Doss and Tank.
    If they can't stay healthy, who the hell cares how talented they are. Talent doesn't do much from the bench and this guy has 2 years of cronick injuries.
    if you think he wouldn't beat out our Cbs for the starting spot, your gavely mistaken. I would release Gordon without a second thought. The level that Kelly plays at is not even in this guys league. Griffen will soon be passed by McCauley in my opinion from when compaing flat out talent. However, Kelly is a STUD when healthy and he is one of the best at the Tampa 2.
    A Cb like Gordon is a dime a dozen.

    Injuries can happen to anyone. Tank williams tore his acl then had a groin injury, neither have much to do with each other. Why link the 2 together. To label Tank
    injury prone should be a sin.

    Tank
    5 years in the league and he's missed 10 games

    Doss
    5 years 28 games missed.

    However, I expect you to be saying how amazing they are next year when they make key plays during the season( as long as we don't released tem due to our amazing depth at Safety
    :.


    uh, they are both free agents.


    VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

  3. #13
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,849

    Re: Kelly plans to become free agent

    "tgorsegner" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    I'm not completely convinced he could beat out MaCauley and Griffin, but he may add some knowledge and experience.
    On the other hand, we do have Winfield, and he is a pretty good vet...

    I'm still not thinking CB is that big of a need.
    We need consistent pass rush pressure much more, and to have a hope of landing Allen, Suggs, or Smith, it will take some BIG Bucks!
    Or Gordon for that matter.

    Just another guy like Doss and Tank.
    If they can't stay healthy, who the hell cares how talented they are. Talent doesn't do much from the bench and this guy has 2 years of cronick injuries.
    if you think he wouldn't beat out our Cbs for the starting spot, your gavely mistaken. I would release Gordon without a second thought. The level that Kelly plays at is not even in this guys league. Griffen will soon be passed by McCauley in my opinion from when compaing flat out talent. However, Kelly is a STUD when healthy and he is one of the best at the Tampa 2.
    A Cb like Gordon is a dime a dozen.

    Injuries can happen to anyone. Tank williams tore his acl then had a groin injury, neither have much to do with each other. Why link the 2 together. To label Tank
    injury prone should be a sin.

    Tank
    5 years in the league and he's missed 10 games

    Doss
    5 years 28 games missed.

    However, I expect you to be saying how amazing they are next year when they make key plays during the season( as long as we resign them and ignore our amazing depth at Safety
    :.


    uh, they are both free agents.
    Fixed
    :P

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Kelly plans to become free agent

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    I'm not completely convinced he could beat out MaCauley and Griffin, but he may add some knowledge and experience.
    On the other hand, we do have Winfield, and he is a pretty good vet...

    I'm still not thinking CB is that big of a need.
    We need consistent pass rush pressure much more, and to have a hope of landing Allen, Suggs, or Smith, it will take some BIG Bucks!
    Or Gordon for that matter.

    Just another guy like Doss and Tank.
    If they can't stay healthy, who the hell cares how talented they are. Talent doesn't do much from the bench and this guy has 2 years of cronick injuries.
    if you think he wouldn't beat out our Cbs for the starting spot, your gavely mistaken. I would release Gordon without a second thought. The level that Kelly plays at is not even in this guys league. Griffen will soon be passed by McCauley in my opinion from when compaing flat out talent. However, Kelly is a STUD when healthy and he is one of the best at the Tampa 2.
    A Cb like Gordon is a dime a dozen.

    Injuries can happen to anyone. Tank williams tore his acl then had a groin injury, neither have much to do with each other. Why link the 2 together. To label Tank
    injury prone should be a sin.

    Tank
    5 years in the league and he's missed 10 games

    Doss
    5 years 28 games missed.

    However, I expect you to be saying how amazing they are next year when they make key plays during the season( as long as we don't released tem due to our amazing depth at Safety
    :.
    Guys like you crack me up.
    You never know what is gonna come with the next post.
    ;D

    Why link the 2 together
    Were in the hell do you see me linking any fricken injuries with anything?
    Damn Dude.
    Stick on topic.

    I wouldn't let any of our young talent go for any player that can't stay on the field consistently no matter how talented.


    Quick question, if he is so damn good why would his team let him become a FA? Think about it for just a second.

    As to Tank and Doss, You do realize both of them won't be with the team next year right.
    If they are it is because no other team (as desparate as most teams are for S) didn't pick them up or offer them a contract cause THEY ARE FA's and not currently under contract.
    WOW.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    224

    Re: Kelly plans to become free agent

    I don't think we really need him

  6. #16
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Kelly plans to become free agent

    "Vikings" wrote:
    I don't think we really need him
    I thought he would make a good acquisition, but, after reading your argument you have me convinced.
    The Vikings don't need him.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #17
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,849

    Re: Kelly plans to become free agent

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    I'm not completely convinced he could beat out MaCauley and Griffin, but he may add some knowledge and experience.
    On the other hand, we do have Winfield, and he is a pretty good vet...

    I'm still not thinking CB is that big of a need.
    We need consistent pass rush pressure much more, and to have a hope of landing Allen, Suggs, or Smith, it will take some BIG Bucks!
    Or Gordon for that matter.

    Just another guy like Doss and Tank.
    If they can't stay healthy, who the hell cares how talented they are. Talent doesn't do much from the bench and this guy has 2 years of cronick injuries.
    if you think he wouldn't beat out our Cbs for the starting spot, your gavely mistaken. I would release Gordon without a second thought. The level that Kelly plays at is not even in this guys league. Griffen will soon be passed by McCauley in my opinion from when compaing flat out talent. However, Kelly is a STUD when healthy and he is one of the best at the Tampa 2.
    A Cb like Gordon is a dime a dozen.

    Injuries can happen to anyone. Tank williams tore his acl then had a groin injury, neither have much to do with each other. Why link the 2 together. To label Tank
    injury prone should be a sin.

    Tank
    5 years in the league and he's missed 10 games

    Doss
    5 years 28 games missed.

    However, I expect you to be saying how amazing they are next year when they make key plays during the season( as long as we don't released tem due to our amazing depth at Safety
    :.
    Guys like you crack me up.
    You never know what is gonna come with the next post.

    ;D

    Why link the 2 together
    Were in the hell do you see me linking any fricken injuries with anything?
    gol 'darnit Dude.
    Stick on topic.

    I wouldn't let any of our young talent go for any player that can't stay on the field consistently no matter how talented.


    Quick question, if he is so gol 'darnit good why would his team let him become a FA? Think about it for just a second.

    As to Tank and Doss, You do realize both of them won't be with the team next year right.
    If they are it is because no other team (as desparate as most teams are for S) didn't pick them up or offer them a contract cause THEY ARE FA's and not currently under contract.
    WOW.
    :
    Sometimes coachs get enamored with youth. BTW, Kelly opted out of his final year. He wasn't scheduled to be a free agent but he probally wasn't going to be a starter anymore( His coachs felt it was time to move on). He could be similar to Doss or Tank or he could be similar to Sharper, who was injured the year before we signed him and his best days appeared behind him. I think that worked out pretty good, don't you?

  8. #18
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,849

    Re: Kelly plans to become free agent

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    I'm not completely convinced he could beat out MaCauley and Griffin, but he may add some knowledge and experience.
    On the other hand, we do have Winfield, and he is a pretty good vet...

    I'm still not thinking CB is that big of a need.
    We need consistent pass rush pressure much more, and to have a hope of landing Allen, Suggs, or Smith, it will take some BIG Bucks!
    Or Gordon for that matter.

    Just another guy like Doss and Tank.
    If they can't stay healthy, who the hell cares how talented they are. Talent doesn't do much from the bench and this guy has 2 years of cronick injuries.
    if you think he wouldn't beat out our Cbs for the starting spot, your gavely mistaken. I would release Gordon without a second thought. The level that Kelly plays at is not even in this guys league. Griffen will soon be passed by McCauley in my opinion from when compaing flat out talent. However, Kelly is a STUD when healthy and he is one of the best at the Tampa 2.
    A Cb like Gordon is a dime a dozen.

    Injuries can happen to anyone. Tank williams tore his acl then had a groin injury, neither have much to do with each other. Why link the 2 together. To label Tank
    injury prone should be a sin.

    Tank
    5 years in the league and he's missed 10 games

    Doss
    5 years 28 games missed.

    However, I expect you to be saying how amazing they are next year when they make key plays during the season( as long as we don't released tem due to our amazing depth at Safety
    :.
    Guys like you crack me up.
    You never know what is gonna come with the next post.

    ;D

    Why link the 2 together
    Were in the hell do you see me linking any fricken injuries with anything?
    gol 'darnit Dude.
    Stick on topic.

    I wouldn't let any of our young talent go for any player that can't stay on the field consistently no matter how talented.


    Quick question, if he is so gol 'darnit good why would his team let him become a FA? Think about it for just a second.

    As to Tank and Doss, You do realize both of them won't be with the team next year right.
    If they are it is because no other team (as desparate as most teams are for S) didn't pick them up or offer them a contract cause THEY ARE FA's and not currently under contract.
    WOW.
    :
    I realized they were FA but it wa a slip of the keys.
    Everyone is entiled to a couple on this site me thinks....
    I could play safe and only ask about my Marrdro score.

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Kelly plans to become free agent

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    I'm not completely convinced he could beat out MaCauley and Griffin, but he may add some knowledge and experience.
    On the other hand, we do have Winfield, and he is a pretty good vet...

    I'm still not thinking CB is that big of a need.
    We need consistent pass rush pressure much more, and to have a hope of landing Allen, Suggs, or Smith, it will take some BIG Bucks!
    Or Gordon for that matter.

    Just another guy like Doss and Tank.
    If they can't stay healthy, who the hell cares how talented they are. Talent doesn't do much from the bench and this guy has 2 years of cronick injuries.
    if you think he wouldn't beat out our Cbs for the starting spot, your gavely mistaken. I would release Gordon without a second thought. The level that Kelly plays at is not even in this guys league. Griffen will soon be passed by McCauley in my opinion from when compaing flat out talent. However, Kelly is a STUD when healthy and he is one of the best at the Tampa 2.
    A Cb like Gordon is a dime a dozen.

    Injuries can happen to anyone. Tank williams tore his acl then had a groin injury, neither have much to do with each other. Why link the 2 together. To label Tank
    injury prone should be a sin.

    Tank
    5 years in the league and he's missed 10 games

    Doss
    5 years 28 games missed.

    However, I expect you to be saying how amazing they are next year when they make key plays during the season( as long as we don't released tem due to our amazing depth at Safety
    :.
    Guys like you crack me up.
    You never know what is gonna come with the next post.

    ;D

    Why link the 2 together
    Were in the hell do you see me linking any fricken injuries with anything?
    gol 'darnit Dude.
    Stick on topic.

    I wouldn't let any of our young talent go for any player that can't stay on the field consistently no matter how talented.


    Quick question, if he is so gol 'darnit good why would his team let him become a FA? Think about it for just a second.

    As to Tank and Doss, You do realize both of them won't be with the team next year right.
    If they are it is because no other team (as desparate as most teams are for S) didn't pick them up or offer them a contract cause THEY ARE FA's and not currently under contract.
    WOW.
    :
    I realized they were FA but it wa a slip of the keys.
    Everyone is entiled to a couple on this site me thinks....
    I could play safe and only ask about my Marrdro score.
    You my friend are doing fine.


    I like guys that don't always agree with me and gives me another take on things.
    You just have to do better at convincing me I am wrong.


    You still haven't done that but keep it up, you may.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,849

    Re: Kelly plans to become free agent

    :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NFL Free Agency Plans Further Cloud Rice, Edwards
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 11:30 AM
  2. Fan Free Agent
    By Marrdro in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 04:26 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 07:20 PM
  4. Free Agent WR/RB Available?
    By bleedn_purple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 08:49 PM
  5. Free Agent WR/RB Available?
    By bleedn_purple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 08:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •