Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Kelly plans to become free agent

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/27/Bucs/Kelly_plans_to_become.shtml

We should sign this guy. I expect him to bounc eback from injury. However,his biggest accomplishment might be te knowledge of the tampa 2 that he can pass on to our young Cbs.
    I think he can be had for cheap. He knows that his injuries are a concern and while we bring him he should be able to start for 2 years if healthy. Aft two years and he is 34, Griffen will be in his 4th year and McCauley in his 3rd and would have both been learning from one of the best at his positions.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Kelly plans to become free agent

another player that can't stay healthy that we should pick up. I see how this helps our secondary situation so much better :

"Garland" wrote:
    another player that can't stay healthy that we should pick up. I see how this helps our secondary situation so much better :

I explained why he will be available cheap and why his knowledge could be important to developing our CBs....but we could go the Ej route and wait for 4 years for him to develop because of:
    1) constantly changing D. coordinators ( I hear Fraiser is interviewing...lol)
    2) No VETS TO HELP TEACH IT...Why not have the guy that basically helped create the system pass on the knowledge.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I'm not completely convinced he could beat out MaCauley and Griffin, but he may add some knowledge and experience.
    On the other hand, we do have Winfield, and he is a pretty good vet...

I'm still not thinking CB is that big of a need.
    We need consistent pass rush pressure much more, and to have a hope of landing Allen, Suggs, or Smith, it will take some BIG Bucks!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

I explained why he will be available cheap and why his knowledge could be important to developing our CBs....but we could go the Ej route and wait for 4 years for him to develop because of:
    1) constantly changing D. coordinators ( I hear Fraiser is interviewing...lol)
    2) No VETS TO HELP TEACH IT...Why not have the guy that basically helped create the system pass on the knowledge.
    So you say bring this guy in cause he has experience and would help with the development of our young CB's but you don't mention how you get him on the roster?

Which CB do you let go?
    All 3 are all talented up and comers that will give us a sound core of CB's for years to come.
    This guy will give us a year at best if he can stay healthy.

Again, who goes to make room for him?

By the way, you don't consider Winfield a Vet? I do.
    Additionally, coaches coach, players play or are you saying we don't need coaches anymore, just a bunch of vets running around teaching the kids?
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"mountainviking" wrote:
    I'm not completely convinced he could beat out MaCauley and Griffin, but he may add some knowledge and experience.

We need consistent pass rush pressure much more, and to have a hope of landing Allen, Suggs, or Smith, it will take some BIG Bucks!
    Or Gordon for that matter.

Just another guy like Doss and Tank.
    If they can't stay healthy, who the hell cares how talented they are. Talent doesn't do much from the bench and this guy has 2 years of cronick injuries.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

Or Gordon for that matter.

Just another guy like Doss and Tank.
    If they can't stay healthy, who the hell cares how talented they are. Talent doesn't do much from the bench and this guy has 2 years of cronick injuries.
    if you think he wouldn't beat out our Cbs for the starting spot, your gavely mistaken. I would release Gordon without a second thought. The level that Kelly plays at is not even in this guys league. Griffen will soon be passed by McCauley in my opinion from when compaing flat out talent. However, Kelly is a STUD when healthy and he is one of the best at the Tampa 2.
    A Cb like Gordon is a dime a dozen.

Injuries can happen to anyone. Tank williams tore his acl then had a groin injury, neither have much to do with each other. Why link the 2 together. To label Tank
    injury prone should be a sin.

Tank
    5 years in the league and he's missed 10 games

Doss
    5 years 28 games missed.

However, I expect you to be saying how amazing they are next year when they make key plays during the season( as long as we don't released tem due to our amazing depth at Safety
    :.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I'm for it if he will sign for a decent price.
    We can easily keep all five CB's on the active roster, especially if they do decide to move Griffin to safety.
    Nobody has to get cut and we have excellent depth at the CB position...sounds good to me.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

i read somewhere the most common position to be injured is db.
    having 5 or more corners is never a bad thing, especially if they're all capable of playing at a high enough level.
    If he comes cheap on a short term contract, he should definitely get a look.

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    I'm for it if he will sign for a decent price.
    We can easily keep all five CB's on the active roster, especially if they do decide to move Griffin to safety.
    Nobody has to get cut and we have excellent depth at the CB position...sounds good to me.
    Aren't we going to be loosing a crap load of D- linemen this year?
    I think we need more depth at Lb. We're pretty thin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast