Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Just wanted to point out...

"The" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    You know who Dixon reminds me of?
    Another Oregon QB... Akili Smith
    ;D
    This is a fun game.

You know who Booty reminds me of? Another USC QB...Sean Salisbury!
    ;D
    You know who Brooks Bollinger reminds me of?
    Another Wisconsin QB.....Darrell Bevel!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"Zeus" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    ;D
    This is a fun game.

;D
    You know who Brooks Bollinger reminds me of?
    Another Wisconsin QB.....Darrell Bevel!

=Z=

Lol. Well in!

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"The" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Dixon is gonna be awesome in the NFL.

Can someone photoshop this picture with a Vikings Jersey on it?

Dixon's first 2 preseason passing #'s that totally indicate a future HOFer.

50% completion % for 109 yrds
    0 TD 0 INT

Hmmmm... WAIT those are pretty mediocre #'s that don't really indicate crap, just as.

Roethlisberger 60% completion % for 216 yrds
    1 TD 1 INT
    and
    Bollingers: 61% completion % for 143 yrds
    1 TD 0 INT

Didn't predict their careers either.

But you can use your sixth sense to predict what you want without any real evidence either way.

Myself I'm still a Booty fan even with his pathetic #'s, so I guess were even.

Why don't you just admit that you like Booty because he has a cool last name?

If you had actually followed Pac-10 football the last two years you would know that Dixon is clearly superior to Booty. Dixon was projected to go in the 2nd Round or higher in the NFL draft until he ruptured his ACL against Arizona towards the end of the season. Booty never even got a sniff of the 3rd Round. I've said numerous times that the preseason doesn't mean pooh, but if you do want to judge them by anything, go watch some game film of their college careers. I have, and Dixon > Booty. Period.
    First of all I'm an ASU alumi and currently live in HATED passive kitten country (Tucson), and do follow Pac-10 ball.
    Both QB's played between 2005 - 2007 and their average QB ratings for those years is:

Dixon: 141.4
    Booty: 141.9

How clear is that?
    Seems that there's a tie to me.

Also:
    Booty's college record as a starter was 20-3... what was Dixon's?

Including 2 Rose Bowl wins...
    In the 2006 season, Booty was ranked the 10th best quarterback in college football and the #1 quarterback in the PAC-10 by Rivals.com.[8]

He started all of the games for the USC Trojans at quarterback in 2006 and was named to the rivals.com and Pacific 10 conference coaches 2006 All Pac-10 team First Team[9].

2007 Booty was favored for the Heisman... injury prevented it from happening.

What has Dixon done better than Booty?
    Not much except he's looked better in the first 2 games of the preseason.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

"The" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    ;D
    This is a fun game.

;D
    NFL careers:
    Salisbury
    8 years
    72.9 Rating

Smith
    4 years

Again:
    The Oregon guy loses again
    [size=12pt]
    [/size]

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    ...this page on nfl.com that shows the top 16 "can't miss" plays from this week's preseason games.

Please note that the only entry from the Vikings was an interception returned for a touchdown by John David Booty (#12).

Meanwhile, entry #2 featured a scramble by the Steelers' Dennis Dixon for a TD.

Sure it's only preseason, and I know it doesn't amount to anything, but I couldn't miss out on an opportunity to rub it in the faces of all of you who were so god-damned excited about drafting JDB.
    :P
    I'm sure you would make an excellent coach... if a rookie player in the 4th quarter of a meaningless preseason game make a very stupid mistake, you should totally give up on him and trade him for another rookie QB that had a couple mediocre games.
    I hope TJ doesn't get intercepted for a TD, or you will be calling for him to be benched, then Gus better not make a mistake or you will have the Vikes picking up Culpepper.

Next week if Dixon throws an INT and Booty goes 6/15 but throws a TD, I won't be as reactionary as trying to rub it in your face.
    Lmao. Fumblepepper?

Evidently you made utterly no effort to digest the final sentence of my original post, which began with the following qualifiers, "Sure it's only preseason, and I know it doesn't mean anything..."

Fer fuck's sake, I'm not "giving up" on Vienna-sausage-fingersTM, nor do I want to see him traded (unless it's for Dennis Dixon
    ;D)
    . On the contrary, I'd like to see him grow into a decent backup, so we can then trade him.

Problem is I never wanted to draft him in the first place, and said as much at the time. Also, it may worth be reading this post earlier in the thread.

And as far as rubbing it in my face if Booty is successful, I fully encourage you to do it. I don't think it'll happen, but it's one of the things that makes this board entertaining.
    [size=25pt]+1[/size]

I'm hereby starting the "Trade Booty for Dixon Club"

Members... 2
    Dixon needs to stay in Pittsburgh. Since he will just be the next Kordell Stewart they should know how to get the most out of him

"gagarr" wrote:

First of all I'm an ASU alumi and currently live in HATED passive kitten country (Tucson), and do follow Pac-10 ball.
    Both QB's played between 2005 - 2007 and their average QB ratings for those years is:
    First off, let me apologize for assuming otherwise.
    :-[

How clear is that?
    I'm pretty skeptical about QB ratings, but you have a point. The only thing I would add is last year's numbers specifically. Prior to last year, Dixon played baseball and football. After a brief, unsuccessful stint in the minor league, he quit baseball to focus solely on football. In so doing, his QB rating shot up from 120.68 in 2006 to 161.19 in 2007. JDB stayed pretty much even all three of his years as a starter with ratings of 143.74, 144.01, and 138.01 chronologically.

What this might indicate is that Dixon could have a higher ceiling.

Also:
    Dixon went 19-6, including the loss to Arizona in which he was injured in the first quarter. So perhaps Booty wins this round, but to be fair, let's remember who Booty was surrounded by. USC has consistently been a recruiting powerhouse, and in the 2008 NFL draft, 10 USC players went to the NFL, (with seven [!] taken in just the first two rounds) compared with only three from Oregon (and only one--Jonathon Stewart--taken before the fifth round). Given that football is a total team sport, I think this bares noting.

In the 2006 season, Booty was ranked the 10th best quarterback in college football and the #1 quarterback in the PAC-10 by Rivals.com.[8]
    So what happened in 2007? This is from his draft page:

"Under Dixon's direction, Oregon led the Pac-10 in both scoring offense (36.7) and total offense (462.1). He was named Pac-10 offensive player of the week three times this season following Oregon victories vs. Michigan, Stanford and Arizona State. He ranked fourth nationally in passing efficiency, a key statistical benchmark for quarterbacks, and had directed Oregon's spread-option offense so well that the Ducks were ranked second in the Bowl Championship Series standings, putting them in position to possibly play for the national title.

With Dixon sidelined, the offense struggled, losing three of their final four contests."

He started all of the games for the USC Trojans at quarterback in 2006 and was named to the rivals.com and Pacific 10 conference coaches 2006 All Pac-10 team First Team[9].

Same could be said for Dixon. In addition, here are some of his other 2007 achievements from the Steelers page:

"2007: Guided Oregon to an 8-1 record and a No. 2 seed in the BCS standings before getting injured...missed the team’s final three games after suffering a torn ACL in his left knee (Nov. 3 versus Arizona State)…named Pacific-10 Conference’s unanimous Offensive Player of the Year and honorable mention All-American…finished ninth on the school’s single-season total offense chart (2,719 yards) playing in only 10 games…finished fourth in the balloting for Associated Press Player of the Year…was one of three finalists for the Maxwell Award (College Player of the Year) and the Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award as well as one of five finalists for the Walter Camp Player of the Year award…his academic achievements were even more impressive as the ESPN the Magazine Academic All-District quarterback was one of five student-athletes in school history (and Oregon’s first football player ever) to be bestowed with the NCAA Top VIII Award…also was the recipient of the National Football Foundation’s Scholar-Athlete Award and accompanying post-graduate scholarship…the conference’s three-time Offensive Player of the Week…finished his collegiate career as the single-season and all-time school record holder in passing completion percentage (67.7% and 63.9%, respectively)…established the school’s standard for most career rushing yards (1,208) by an Oregon quarterback, while his 583 yards on the ground in 2007 finished second only to Reggie Ogburn’s 644 yards from 1979 among the school’s signal callers…ran and passed for touchdowns in the same game in seven of 10 appearances, and became only the Ducks’ third quarterback in the modern era (first since 1995) to eclipse 100 yards rushing in one game (141 yards vs. Houston)…amassed a personal-best 374 yards passing and 382 yards total offense at Stanford while accounting for a personal best of five touchdowns (four passing, one rushing) against the Cardinal…accounting for 29 touchdowns (20 passing, nine running), snapped his string of 146 consecutive passes without an interception in the fifth game of the year against California…concluded his career sixth on Oregon’s all-time list for total offense (6,339 yards) and eighth in passing yards (5,129)."

Yeah, you're right. Nevermind.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"The" wrote:
    Snip.......
    That has got to be one of the most well thought out posts I have ever seen on here my friend.

Great stuff Drop.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    Snip.......
    That has got to be one of the most well thought out posts I have ever seen on here my friend.

Great stuff Drop.
    Thanks a lot, Marr. That means quite a bit coming from you.

Normally I might not take as much time to do that, but I figured that I hadn't been around much for a while so it was high time to remind people why not to fuck with me.
    ;D

"The" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:

First off, let me apologize for assuming otherwise.
    :-[

How clear is that?
    I'm pretty skeptical about QB ratings, but you have a point. The only thing I would add is last year's numbers specifically. Prior to last year, Dixon played baseball and football. After a brief, unsuccessful stint in the minor league, he quit baseball to focus solely on football. In so doing, his QB rating shot up from 120.68 in 2006 to 161.19 in 2007. JDB stayed pretty much even all three of his years as a starter with ratings of 143.74, 144.01, and 138.01 chronologically.

What this might indicate is that Dixon could have a higher ceiling.

Also:
    Dixon went 19-6, including the loss to Arizona in which he was injured in the first quarter. So perhaps Booty wins this round, but to be fair, let's remember who Booty was surrounded by. USC has consistently been a recruiting powerhouse, and in the 2008 NFL draft, 10 USC players went to the NFL, (with seven [!] taken in just the first two rounds) compared with only three from Oregon (and only one--Jonathon Stewart--taken before the fifth round). Given that football is a total team sport, I think this bares noting.

So what happened in 2007? This is from his draft page:

"Under Dixon's direction, Oregon led the Pac-10 in both scoring offense (36.7) and total offense (462.1). He was named Pac-10 offensive player of the week three times this season following Oregon victories vs. Michigan, Stanford and Arizona State. He ranked fourth nationally in passing efficiency, a key statistical benchmark for quarterbacks, and had directed Oregon's spread-option offense so well that the Ducks were ranked second in the Bowl Championship Series standings, putting them in position to possibly play for the national title.

With Dixon sidelined, the offense struggled, losing three of their final four contests."

Same could be said for Dixon. In addition, here are some of his other 2007 achievements from the Steelers page:

"2007: Guided Oregon to an 8-1 record and a No. 2 seed in the BCS standings before getting injured...missed the team’s final three games after suffering a torn ACL in his left knee (Nov. 3 versus Arizona State)…named Pacific-10 Conference’s unanimous Offensive Player of the Year and honorable mention All-American…finished ninth on the school’s single-season total offense chart (2,719 yards) playing in only 10 games…finished fourth in the balloting for Associated Press Player of the Year…was one of three finalists for the Maxwell Award (College Player of the Year) and the Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award as well as one of five finalists for the Walter Camp Player of the Year award…his academic achievements were even more impressive as the ESPN the Magazine Academic All-District quarterback was one of five student-athletes in school history (and Oregon’s first football player ever) to be bestowed with the NCAA Top VIII Award…also was the recipient of the National Football Foundation’s Scholar-Athlete Award and accompanying post-graduate scholarship…the conference’s three-time Offensive Player of the Week…finished his collegiate career as the single-season and all-time school record holder in passing completion percentage (67.7% and 63.9%, respectively)…established the school’s standard for most career rushing yards (1,208) by an Oregon quarterback, while his 583 yards on the ground in 2007 finished second only to Reggie Ogburn’s 644 yards from 1979 among the school’s signal callers…ran and passed for touchdowns in the same game in seven of 10 appearances, and became only the Ducks’ third quarterback in the modern era (first since 1995) to eclipse 100 yards rushing in one game (141 yards vs. Houston)…amassed a personal-best 374 yards passing and 382 yards total offense at Stanford while accounting for a personal best of five touchdowns (four passing, one rushing) against the Cardinal…accounting for 29 touchdowns (20 passing, nine running), snapped his string of 146 consecutive passes without an interception in the fifth game of the year against California…concluded his career sixth on Oregon’s all-time list for total offense (6,339 yards) and eighth in passing yards (5,129)."

I have nothing against Dixon, he had a very similar college career to Booty's, including both getting hurt which affected their draft position.

I'm hoping to see more of Booty in the preseason, other than with the scrubs in the 4th quarter.
    Still don't know why Childress isn't putting Booty ahead of Bollinger in the line-up to see what he can do with better players.

What I really want to see is Booty to stop making bonehead plays.
    This is NOT something he did much in college.
    [size=12pt]
    [/size]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234