Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Just wanted to point out...

    Dixon is gonna be awesome in the NFL.

    Can someone photoshop this picture with a Vikings Jersey on it?

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  2. #22
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,862

    Re: Just wanted to point out...

    "C" wrote:
    Dixon is gonna be awesome in the NFL.

    Can someone photoshop this picture with a Vikings Jersey on it?

    Here you go:

    [img width=450 height=295]http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/1493819.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19 39057D9939C83F10658A07B7211464A475A5397277B4DC33E[/img]

  3. #23
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Just wanted to point out...

    "The" wrote:
    ...this page on nfl.com that shows the top 16 "can't miss" plays from this week's preseason games.

    Please note that the only entry from the Vikings was an interception returned for a touchdown by John David Booty (#12).

    Meanwhile, entry #2 featured a scramble by the Steelers' Dennis Dixon for a TD.


    Sure it's only preseason, and I know it doesn't amount to anything, but I couldn't miss out on an opportunity to rub it in the faces of all of you who were so god-damned excited about drafting JDB.
    :P
    I'm sure you would make an excellent coach... if a rookie player in the 4th quarter of a meaningless preseason game make a very stupid mistake, you should totally give up on him and trade him for another rookie QB that had a couple mediocre games.
    I hope TJ doesn't get intercepted for a TD, or you will be calling for him to be benched, then Gus better not make a mistake or you will have the Vikes picking up Culpepper.

    Next week if Dixon throws an INT and Booty goes 6/15 but throws a TD, I won't be as reactionary as trying to rub it in your face.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  4. #24
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Just wanted to point out...

    "gagarr" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    ...this page on nfl.com that shows the top 16 "can't miss" plays from this week's preseason games.

    Please note that the only entry from the Vikings was an interception returned for a touchdown by John David Booty (#12).

    Meanwhile, entry #2 featured a scramble by the Steelers' Dennis Dixon for a TD.


    Sure it's only preseason, and I know it doesn't amount to anything, but I couldn't miss out on an opportunity to rub it in the faces of all of you who were so god-damned excited about drafting JDB.
    :P
    I'm sure you would make an excellent coach... if a rookie player in the 4th quarter of a meaningless preseason game make a very stupid mistake, you should totally give up on him and trade him for another rookie QB that had a couple mediocre games.
    I hope TJ doesn't get intercepted for a TD, or you will be calling for him to be benched, then Gus better not make a mistake or you will have the Vikes picking up Culpepper.

    Next week if Dixon throws an INT and Booty goes 6/15 but throws a TD, I won't be as reactionary as trying to rub it in your face.
    Lmao. Fumblepepper?

    Evidently you made utterly no effort to digest the final sentence of my original post, which began with the following qualifiers, "Sure it's only preseason, and I know it doesn't mean anything..."

    Fer fuck's sake, I'm not "giving up" on Vienna-sausage-fingersTM, nor do I want to see him traded (unless it's for Dennis Dixon
    ;D). On the contrary, I'd like to see him grow into a decent backup, so we can then trade him.

    Problem is I never wanted to draft him in the first place, and said as much at the time. Also, it may worth be reading this post earlier in the thread.


    And as far as rubbing it in my face if Booty is successful, I fully encourage you to do it. I don't think it'll happen, but it's one of the things that makes this board entertaining.

  5. #25
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Just wanted to point out...

    "The" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    ...this page on nfl.com that shows the top 16 "can't miss" plays from this week's preseason games.

    Please note that the only entry from the Vikings was an interception returned for a touchdown by John David Booty (#12).

    Meanwhile, entry #2 featured a scramble by the Steelers' Dennis Dixon for a TD.


    Sure it's only preseason, and I know it doesn't amount to anything, but I couldn't miss out on an opportunity to rub it in the faces of all of you who were so god-damned excited about drafting JDB.
    :P
    I'm sure you would make an excellent coach... if a rookie player in the 4th quarter of a meaningless preseason game make a very stupid mistake, you should totally give up on him and trade him for another rookie QB that had a couple mediocre games.
    I hope TJ doesn't get intercepted for a TD, or you will be calling for him to be benched, then Gus better not make a mistake or you will have the Vikes picking up Culpepper.

    Next week if Dixon throws an INT and Booty goes 6/15 but throws a TD, I won't be as reactionary as trying to rub it in your face.
    Lmao. Fumblepepper?

    Evidently you made utterly no effort to digest the final sentence of my original post, which began with the following qualifiers, "Sure it's only preseason, and I know it doesn't mean anything..."

    Fer fuck's sake, I'm not "giving up" on Vienna-sausage-fingersTM, nor do I want to see him traded (unless it's for Dennis Dixon
    ;D)
    . On the contrary, I'd like to see him grow into a decent backup, so we can then trade him.

    Problem is I never wanted to draft him in the first place, and said as much at the time. Also, it may worth be reading this post earlier in the thread.


    And as far as rubbing it in my face if Booty is successful, I fully encourage you to do it. I don't think it'll happen, but it's one of the things that makes this board entertaining.
    [size=25pt]+1[/size]

    I'm hereby starting the "Trade Booty for Dixon Club"

    Members... 2
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #26
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Just wanted to point out...

    "C" wrote:
    Dixon is gonna be awesome in the NFL.

    Can someone photoshop this picture with a Vikings Jersey on it?

    Dixon's first 2 preseason passing #'s that totally indicate a future HOFer.

    50% completion % for 109 yrds
    0 TD 0 INT

    Hmmmm... WAIT those are pretty mediocre #'s that don't really indicate crap, just as.

    Roethlisberger 60% completion % for 216 yrds
    1 TD 1 INT
    and
    Bollingers: 61% completion % for 143 yrds
    1 TD 0 INT

    Didn't predict their careers either.

    But you can use your sixth sense to predict what you want without any real evidence either way.

    Myself I'm still a Booty fan even with his pathetic #'s, so I guess were even.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  7. #27
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Just wanted to point out...

    You know who Dixon reminds me of?
    Another Oregon QB... Akili Smith
    ;D
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  8. #28
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: Just wanted to point out...

    Booty is a good QB, granted he has had a hard transition into the NFL but most QB's do. I still think Brennan is the steal of the draft... but I will support JDB, he just needs the game to slow down for him. Peyton Mannings first year he went 3-13 ... that is bad for a the 1st draft of the year.

  9. #29
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Just wanted to point out...

    "gagarr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Dixon is gonna be awesome in the NFL.

    Can someone photoshop this picture with a Vikings Jersey on it?

    Dixon's first 2 preseason passing #'s that totally indicate a future HOFer.

    50% completion % for 109 yrds
    0 TD 0 INT

    Hmmmm... WAIT those are pretty mediocre #'s that don't really indicate crap, just as.

    Roethlisberger 60% completion % for 216 yrds
    1 TD 1 INT
    and
    Bollingers: 61% completion % for 143 yrds
    1 TD 0 INT

    Didn't predict their careers either.

    But you can use your sixth sense to predict what you want without any real evidence either way.

    Myself I'm still a Booty fan even with his pathetic #'s, so I guess were even.

    Why don't you just admit that you like Booty because he has a cool last name?

    If you had actually followed Pac-10 football the last two years you would know that Dixon is clearly superior to Booty. Dixon was projected to go in the 2nd Round or higher in the NFL draft until he ruptured his ACL against Arizona towards the end of the season. Booty never even got a sniff of the 3rd Round. I've said numerous times that the preseason doesn't mean shit, but if you do want to judge them by anything, go watch some game film of their college careers. I have, and Dixon > Booty. Period.

  10. #30
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Just wanted to point out...

    "gagarr" wrote:
    You know who Dixon reminds me of?
    Another Oregon QB... Akili Smith
    ;D
    This is a fun game.


    You know who Booty reminds me of? Another USC QB...Sean Salisbury!
    ;D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. He does have a point.
    By RK. in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 09:24 AM
  2. At what point would you keep Childress
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 03:47 PM
  3. Who said every point doesn't count...
    By NordicNed in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 08:04 PM
  4. Point proven again
    By enlvikeman in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 11:04 AM
  5. McKinnie - Point After 3-5pm
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 12:52 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •