Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chazz is offline Coordinator

Re: Just wanted to point out...

"grpape" wrote:
    He was also about 185lbs. during the combine. Did you see how much bigger he is now (about 205-2151lbs). He still has the side arm motion, but it works. Not much of his balls are being batted down at the LOS.
    I also heard that Zorn wanted to rebuild his whole technique. He is starting with his foot work and base right now. Then they'll address the whole throwing motion and mechanics. I'm not sure if I wouldn't just leave well enough alone.

The best thing is watching how much fun he is having out there. He's just laughing and having a blast! Playing the game for the love of it!

Got to leave it alone. IMHO. A QB that has made the pros, has his style and mechanics pretty well set in stone. You can do some tweeks and fine tune it to maximize his ability, but to try and overhaul it can only end up destroying an otherwise good QB. Would Favre be a HOF QB if someone would of decided to do a complete overhaul of his obviously poor mechanics? Not a chance IMO.

Texanvike is offline Rookie

"The" wrote:
    ...this page on nfl.com that shows the top 16 "can't miss" plays from this week's preseason games.

Please note that the only entry from the Vikings was an interception returned for a touchdown by John David Booty (#12).

Meanwhile, entry #2 featured a scramble by the Steelers' Dennis Dixon for a TD.

Sure it's only preseason, and I know it doesn't amount to anything, but I couldn't miss out on an opportunity to rub it in the faces of all of you who were so god-damned excited about drafting JDB.
    :P
    Are you happy a player we drafted turned out to be bad?
    Or that you think he's bad, anyways?
    I love lamp.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

I think Booty will end up having a good nfl career, but only time will tell.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"The" wrote:
    ...this page on nfl.com that shows the top 16 "can't miss" plays from this week's preseason games.

Please note that the only entry from the Vikings was an interception returned for a touchdown by John David Booty (#12).

Meanwhile, entry #2 featured a scramble by the Steelers' Dennis Dixon for a TD.

Sure it's only preseason, and I know it doesn't amount to anything, but I couldn't miss out on an opportunity to rub it in the faces of all of you who were so god-damned excited about drafting JDB.
    Is he a RB or a QB?

When he makes the highlights because he put up 400 yards and 5 TD's to lead his team from behind you will have something.

Skinny QB's who run better than they throw are a dime a dozen. ;D ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"The" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    You must have been the one that Marrdro was talking about at the tailgate who was high on Dixon.

Maybe. I'm pretty sure I remember C Mac D was rooting for us picking up Dixon too.

Full disclosure: I'm a complete homer for the Oregon Ducks (and I fricken loathe USC), so of course I was hoping we'd draft Dixon. At any rate, I still have faith that my homerism will prove correctly. JDB will be a career back-up known more for his Vienna-sausage-fingersTM hemorrhaging fumbles to opposing defenses than anything else. Dixon will have a successful career after either landing himself a great starting job with a massive contract or replacing Roethisburger if Ben has some kind of career-ending injury.

Mark my words.
    The Dropp did throw a few "I wishes" his way during the time leading up to the draft but I don't think it was him.

As I said at the tailgate, if it wasn't you (Mars) it must have been C Mac D.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    You must have been the one that Marrdro was talking about at the tailgate who was high on Dixon.

Maybe. I'm pretty sure I remember C Mac D was rooting for us picking up Dixon too.

Full disclosure: I'm a complete homer for the Oregon Ducks (and I fricken loathe USC), so of course I was hoping we'd draft Dixon. At any rate, I still have faith that my homerism will prove correctly. JDB will be a career back-up known more for his Vienna-sausage-fingersTM hemorrhaging fumbles to opposing defenses than anything else. Dixon will have a successful career after either landing himself a great starting job with a massive contract or replacing Roethisburger if Ben has some kind of career-ending injury.

Mark my words.
    The Dropp did throw a few "I wishes" his way during the time leading up to the draft but I don't think it was him.

I'm a complete homer for the Ducks too... I still think we should trade Booty for Dixon.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Mark my words.

I'm a complete homer for the Ducks too... I still think we should trade Booty for Dixon.
    You would trade booty for dix!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"marstc09" wrote:
    Ha... I knew it was only a matter of time before someone said it...

But yes, I love Dix... I would trade our limp, saggy Booty any day for the strength and rock-hard play of Dix.

ok... ok... I'm done.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Mark my words.

You're from Cleveland.
    How can you be an Oregon homer?
    You got man-love for Phil Knight?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Ha... I knew it was only a matter of time before someone said it...

But yes, I love Dix... I would trade our limp, saggy Booty any day for the strength and rock-hard play of Dix.

ok... ok... I'm done.
    No your not.
    I have seen you say that at least twice regarding Dix and we got you to say it again today.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast