Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Just talked to a 'source'

"VikingNed" wrote:
    I may be eating crow after all now, the other night I swore up and down, Brees would never come here this year.

With this latest news, that thought of mine just got blown out of the water..
    VikingNed, don't throw the towel in too soon.

I'm with you . . . and then some.

Not only is Brees not coming, neither is Edge.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Navycoach is offline Starter

"Hawgski" wrote:
    "OregonViking" wrote:
    Have the Vikes really have jacked up their working relationship with yet another star player, the would be leader of the team in Culpepper this time?

When we lost Moss last year I blamed it on Red McCombs.

We the Vikings stunk during the season, I blamed it on the loss of the O Coordinator/QB coach, missing Moss, missing Birk, other O line injuries and overall lack of preparation by Tice's leadership.

Now again, we have the great unknown quantity. What is the new Owner, and entirely new Coaching Staff going to do?

So far, the only thing I have seen has been to say they are going to keep quiet and that they have managed to make Culpepper so disenchanted with what they are saying to him, in email or whatever, bad enough that he's saying he is ready to leave.

I liked the quote by Childress about Burning the Boats and Going Ashore, but do you have to burn your team leader too?

I am anxiously waiting to see some positive signs of leadership from the New top on down. Hopefully we won't go back to being incapable of picking our draft choices on time while everyone laughs. Cuz I am sick of that garbage.

So what's it going to be, Management? Are you going to suck or what?
    HEY, who is doing what here???

Did management, get involved in a sex scandal......no.
    Did management, go after a big raise after Randy was traded......no.
    Did management, go after another big raise after stinking it up for 6 weeks....no.
    Did management, miss several sceduled meetings when a new coach was hired....no.
    Did management, avoid the team when asked several times to be here for rehab and learning the new offense....no.

C-pep, has made this bed, now he can sleep in it.

Send him down the road!!!!
    Tell us how you really feel. :lol:

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"OregonViking" wrote:
    Have the Vikes really have jacked up their working relationship with yet another star player, the would be leader of the team in Culpepper this time?

When we lost Moss last year I blamed it on Red McCombs.

We the Vikings stunk during the season, I blamed it on the loss of the O Coordinator/QB coach, missing Moss, missing Birk, other O line injuries and overall lack of preparation by Tice's leadership.

Now again, we have the great unknown quantity. What is the new Owner, and entirely new Coaching Staff going to do?

So far, the only thing I have seen has been to say they are going to keep quiet and that they have managed to make Culpepper so disenchanted with what they are saying to him, in email or whatever, bad enough that he's saying he is ready to leave.

I liked the quote by Childress about Burning the Boats and Going Ashore, but do you have to burn your team leader too?

I am anxiously waiting to see some positive signs of leadership from the New top on down. Hopefully we won't go back to being incapable of picking our draft choices on time while everyone laughs. Cuz I am sick of that garbage.

So what's it going to be, Management? Are you going to suck or what?
    The are doing what you suggest which is "showing positive signs of leadership" and cleaning up all the whinners, cry babies, and "me" players from the team so that we have a solid foundation to work with and players they know will put the team first. It is called preparing to win.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    I may be eating crow after all now, the other night I swore up and down, Brees would never come here this year.

No, read my post from earlier today in the Culpepper replacement thread, PA (the voice of the Vikings) on KFAN radio today said that what he is hearing is that all indications point to Brees playing QB here next year.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

No, read my post from earlier today in the Culpepper replacement thread, PA (the voice of the Vikings) on KFAN radio today said that what he is hearing is that all indications point to Brees playing QB here next year.
    Among other reasons, I just found this article . . .

Forget the possibility of the Vikings signing free-agent quarterback Drew Brees of the Chargers. Word within NFL circles is that Brees' surgically repaired shoulder was more damaged than many people know. Quarterbacks who might intrigue the Vikings would seem to be Aaron Brooks of the Saints and Brian Griese of the Buccaneers.
    -- St. Paul Pioneer Press

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

Forget the possibility of the Vikings signing free-agent quarterback Drew Brees of the Chargers. Word within NFL circles is that Brees' surgically repaired shoulder was more damaged than many people know. Quarterbacks who might intrigue the Vikings would seem to be Aaron Brooks of the Saints and Brian Griese of the Buccaneers.
    are you kidding me Aaron Brooks would be a huge step backwards!

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

True that!!! You gotta admit, JPolo...even Patrick Ramsay would be a better option than Brooks!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingNed

True that!!! You gotta admit, JPolo...even Patrick Ramsay would be a better option than Brooks!
    I totally agree.....we embarassed Aaron Brooks in that game....doesn't anyone remember? he looked pathetic!

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

"Williamson8211" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Brees and Edge... drool... I can almost taste a SB ring.
    Me too...and a nice juicy steak to celebrate it with!!! :grin:
    and a nice root :cry: :cry: beer

7 years!
    Congrats my man!

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

OK.....I have not said anything for quite some time now, but I am tired of hearing of Culpepper as our team leader. Don't get me wrong, I think he has talent, but he is not our team leader.

1. Does your team leader go into hiding after an injury, rarely to be seen from again?

2. Does your team leader not step forth and make any comments when the old coach is fired and the new coach is hired?

3. Does your team leader make more than one trip in the offseason to Viking HQ to meet with the team, and go over off-season plans?

4. Does your team leader fire his agent, and than make stupid comments without any advice?

5. Does your team leader help to organize a drunken orgy on a boat in the middle of Lake Minnetonka?

If the above 5 things are what a team leader does, than C-Pep is definitely our team leader. I hate to say this, but we had no team leader this year, and last year, as much it pains me to say this also, it was Moss (Remember the "Fro?).

Right now, the closest thing we have to a team leader may be Birk.

In addition, as much as I like Pepp, it is time for him to go. I hate saying this, as it just creates more unknowns on our team, but it may be time to say good-bye.

I miss the days of Daunte to Moss, but I now truly believe Moss made Daunte, not the other way around. Daunte had some poorly thrown balls to him, the Moss would just grab, pure athletic talent.

Yes, I do still believe Daunte has the ability to succeed in the NFL, it just wont be with the Vikings.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast