Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

Re: Just talked to a 'source'

I think you only consider someone a "source" if they actually give you some info that we don't already know...........

I think that Pep is gone but,taking Brees.I don't like that idea![quote]Johnson with a running game and a fixed O-line will work as good if not better than Brees because Johnson is familiar with tha Vikings and the players know him,and I would assume they respect him,because he did come into a bad situation and help make it better this past season.Trade Culpepper,get a pick in the first round for him,and go after Jay Cutler.I agree that James would be a great addition to the vikes,and they also need to go after,some lineman to shore up the O-line.They need to work on the linebacking core also,and ther are some very good players at that position who are going to be free agents.Anyway Culpepper demanding to be traded means he should go.A player who is not happy with the team he is with probably won't play with the enthusiasm needed to help his team win.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Vrehna" wrote:
    I'm not positive that having Brees and the Edge on the same team is the answer.

We still have ego's and team chemistry to work with.

Me personally, as long as Dante is gone I'm happy with whoever we get. Brad is gonna need some help...

If Brees and Tomlinson gelled, and Edge and Manning gelled, Brees and Edge would have no problems.

I doubt that the Vikings have any shot at getting Jay Cutler...the Saints are said to be in love with him and are considering him whith the # 2 pick. None of the top 3 QB's will make it out of the top 10...and I don't see the Vikings trading up to get into position. IMO of course.

iluvbigtds is offline Rookie

"gdavikes84" wrote:
    I think you only consider someone a "source" if they actually give you some info that we don't already know...........
    I guess if you inferred that the entire conflict was between Pep and Foley, rather than Culpepper and Childress, like the media seemed to make it out to be, I would commend you.

Thinking about it more and more, with Foley against Pep as much as he is, he has to be quite confident that Brees will sign with us, because ditching our 'franchise' qb and going with a short term replacement (Johnson) or a mediocre talent (Ramsey, Collins), isn't a great way to start out a new gig. If this thing blows up in his face, he's never going to be a GM again.

iluvbigtds is offline Rookie

And thanks to the guys who believe me here. I didn't want to sit and defend it because I don't post much and my rep probably isnt high, but I'm not gonna make stuff up. I got the guys email now, so if I can get anything concrete, Ill make sure to hit you guys up.

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Brees and Edge... drool... I can almost taste a SB ring.
    Me too...and a nice juicy steak to celebrate it with!!! :grin:
    and a nice root :cry: :cry: beer

7 years!

Thank you Josdin for the sig

OregonViking is offline Rookie

Have the Vikes really have jacked up their working relationship with yet another star player, the would be leader of the team in Culpepper this time?

When we lost Moss last year I blamed it on Red McCombs.

We the Vikings stunk during the season, I blamed it on the loss of the O Coordinator/QB coach, missing Moss, missing Birk, other O line injuries and overall lack of preparation by Tice's leadership.

Now again, we have the great unknown quantity. What is the new Owner, and entirely new Coaching Staff going to do?

So far, the only thing I have seen has been to say they are going to keep quiet and that they have managed to make Culpepper so disenchanted with what they are saying to him, in email or whatever, bad enough that he's saying he is ready to leave.

I liked the quote by Childress about Burning the Boats and Going Ashore, but do you have to burn your team leader too?

I am anxiously waiting to see some positive signs of leadership from the New top on down. Hopefully we won't go back to being incapable of picking our draft choices on time while everyone laughs. Cuz I am sick of that garbage.

So what's it going to be, Management? Are you going to suck or what?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

And the coaches and owners said, "Ya, we want to suck. We worked a lot of years in this system just so we could come to Minnesota and actually try to turn this team into a bunch of losers because you know everyone HATES the Vikes including all the local press."
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

"OregonViking" wrote:
    Have the Vikes really have jacked up their working relationship with yet another star player, the would be leader of the team in Culpepper this time?

When we lost Moss last year I blamed it on Red McCombs.

We the Vikings stunk during the season, I blamed it on the loss of the O Coordinator/QB coach, missing Moss, missing Birk, other O line injuries and overall lack of preparation by Tice's leadership.

Now again, we have the great unknown quantity. What is the new Owner, and entirely new Coaching Staff going to do?

So far, the only thing I have seen has been to say they are going to keep quiet and that they have managed to make Culpepper so disenchanted with what they are saying to him, in email or whatever, bad enough that he's saying he is ready to leave.

I liked the quote by Childress about Burning the Boats and Going Ashore, but do you have to burn your team leader too?

I am anxiously waiting to see some positive signs of leadership from the New top on down. Hopefully we won't go back to being incapable of picking our draft choices on time while everyone laughs. Cuz I am sick of that garbage.

So what's it going to be, Management? Are you going to suck or what?
    HEY, who is doing what here???

Did management, get involved in a sex scandal......no.
    Did management, go after a big raise after Randy was traded......no.
    Did management, go after another big raise after stinking it up for 6 weeks....no.
    Did management, miss several sceduled meetings when a new coach was hired....no.
    Did management, avoid the team when asked several times to be here for rehab and learning the new offense....no.

C-pep, has made this bed, now he can sleep in it.

Send him down the road!!!!

sig courtesy of PPE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast