Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: John Parker Wilson?

    "Physio-Impossibility70" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:

    JPW has a very poor deep ball, as well.
    Even the 'bama fans that loved him would finish their comments with, "...if only he could throw the deep ball..."
    As I understand, JDB is lacking a deep ball also.
    ;D
    So is Chad Pennington.

  2. #22
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,060

    Re: John Parker Wilson?

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Physio-Impossibility70" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:

    JPW has a very poor deep ball, as well.
    Even the 'bama fans that loved him would finish their comments with, "...if only he could throw the deep ball..."
    As I understand, JDB is lacking a deep ball also.
    ;D
    So is Chad Pennington.

    JDB isn't going to be a starting quarterback in the NFL, and Pennington had enough accuracy and poise to be a first round pick.
    What upside does JPW have?

  3. #23
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: John Parker Wilson?

    "Ranger" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Physio-Impossibility70" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:

    JPW has a very poor deep ball, as well.
    Even the 'bama fans that loved him would finish their comments with, "...if only he could throw the deep ball..."
    As I understand, JDB is lacking a deep ball also.
    ;D
    So is Chad Pennington.

    JDB isn't going to be a starting quarterback in the NFL, and Pennington had enough accuracy and poise to be a first round pick.
    What upside does JPW have?
    I agree with your statement about Pennington however I am curious how you are coming to a conclusion that JDB isn't going to be a starting QB in the NFL.
    I am not saying I agree or disagree but just curious how you are concluding this.

  4. #24
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,940

    Re: John Parker Wilson?

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Physio-Impossibility70" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:

    JPW has a very poor deep ball, as well.
    Even the 'bama fans that loved him would finish their comments with, "...if only he could throw the deep ball..."
    As I understand, JDB is lacking a deep ball also.
    ;D
    So is Chad Pennington.

    JDB isn't going to be a starting quarterback in the NFL, and Pennington had enough accuracy and poise to be a first round pick.
    What upside does JPW have?
    I agree with your statement about Pennington however I am curious how you are coming to a conclusion that JDB isn't going to be a starting QB in the NFL.
    I am not saying I agree or disagree but just curious how you are concluding this.
    based on what i've heard and read he's not projected to be anything more than a backup... i.e. not starter material... but that's based on Adam Caplan and what's he's seen and heard from the vike camp!

  5. #25
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: John Parker Wilson?

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Physio-Impossibility70" wrote:
    [quote author=Ranger link=topic=51273.msg929265#msg929265 date=1238534554]

    JPW has a very poor deep ball, as well.
    Even the 'bama fans that loved him would finish their comments with, "...if only he could throw the deep ball..."
    As I understand, JDB is lacking a deep ball also.
    ;D
    So is Chad Pennington.

    JDB isn't going to be a starting quarterback in the NFL, and Pennington had enough accuracy and poise to be a first round pick.
    What upside does JPW have?
    I agree with your statement about Pennington however I am curious how you are coming to a conclusion that JDB isn't going to be a starting QB in the NFL.
    I am not saying I agree or disagree but just curious how you are concluding this.
    based on what i've heard and read he's not projected to be anything more than a backup... i.e. not starter material... but that's based on Adam Caplan and what's he's seen and heard from the vike camp!
    [/quote]

    So was Tom Brady and Kurt Warner.
    They were projected to be nothing but back ups too.
    It means nothing at this point and to say he will never be an NFL QB at this point is jumping the gun.
    Nobody would know that.

  6. #26
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: John Parker Wilson?

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    [quote author=Physio-Impossibility70 link=topic=51273.msg929303#msg929303 date=1238536192]
    [quote author=Ranger link=topic=51273.msg929265#msg929265 date=1238534554]

    JPW has a very poor deep ball, as well.
    Even the 'bama fans that loved him would finish their comments with, "...if only he could throw the deep ball..."
    As I understand, JDB is lacking a deep ball also.
    ;D
    So is Chad Pennington.

    JDB isn't going to be a starting quarterback in the NFL, and Pennington had enough accuracy and poise to be a first round pick.
    What upside does JPW have?
    I agree with your statement about Pennington however I am curious how you are coming to a conclusion that JDB isn't going to be a starting QB in the NFL.
    I am not saying I agree or disagree but just curious how you are concluding this.
    based on what i've heard and read he's not projected to be anything more than a backup... i.e. not starter material... but that's based on Adam Caplan and what's he's seen and heard from the vike camp!
    [/quote]

    So was Tom Brady and Kurt Warner.
    They were projected to be nothing but back ups too.
    It means nothing at this point and to say he will never be an NFL QB at this point is jumping the gun.
    Nobody would know that.
    [/quote]

    And Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith and Rick Mirer were projected to be starters for a long time in the NFL.

    Just wanting to point out that project QBs is incredibly difficult for both sides of the coin.

    What I look for are:
    SENIOR, multi-year starters who played for middle-of-the-road programs.
    People like Drew Brees.
    I knew he was going to be a stud the moment I watched him play for Purdue.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #27
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: John Parker Wilson?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=51273.msg930116#msg930116 date=1238630390]
    [quote author=Physio-Impossibility70 link=topic=51273.msg929303#msg929303 date=1238536192]
    [quote author=Ranger link=topic=51273.msg929265#msg929265 date=1238534554]

    JPW has a very poor deep ball, as well.
    Even the 'bama fans that loved him would finish their comments with, "...if only he could throw the deep ball..."
    As I understand, JDB is lacking a deep ball also.
    ;D
    So is Chad Pennington.

    JDB isn't going to be a starting quarterback in the NFL, and Pennington had enough accuracy and poise to be a first round pick.
    What upside does JPW have?
    I agree with your statement about Pennington however I am curious how you are coming to a conclusion that JDB isn't going to be a starting QB in the NFL.
    I am not saying I agree or disagree but just curious how you are concluding this.
    based on what i've heard and read he's not projected to be anything more than a backup... i.e. not starter material... but that's based on Adam Caplan and what's he's seen and heard from the vike camp!
    [/quote]

    So was Tom Brady and Kurt Warner.
    They were projected to be nothing but back ups too.
    It means nothing at this point and to say he will never be an NFL QB at this point is jumping the gun.
    Nobody would know that.
    [/quote]

    And Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith and Rick Mirer were projected to be starters for a long time in the NFL.

    Just wanting to point out that project QBs is incredibly difficult for both sides of the coin.

    What I look for are:
    SENIOR, multi-year starters who played for middle-of-the-road programs.
    People like Drew Brees.
    I knew he was going to be a stud the moment I watched him play for Purdue.

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    +1 Zeus.
    Godo post.
    That was why I asked the question to Ranger on how he came to that conclusion.
    There is no way to tell how JDB is going to be in the NFL yet.

  8. #28
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,940

    Re: John Parker Wilson?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=51273.msg930116#msg930116 date=1238630390]
    [quote author=Physio-Impossibility70 link=topic=51273.msg929303#msg929303 date=1238536192]
    [quote author=Ranger link=topic=51273.msg929265#msg929265 date=1238534554]

    JPW has a very poor deep ball, as well.
    Even the 'bama fans that loved him would finish their comments with, "...if only he could throw the deep ball..."
    As I understand, JDB is lacking a deep ball also.
    ;D
    So is Chad Pennington.

    JDB isn't going to be a starting quarterback in the NFL, and Pennington had enough accuracy and poise to be a first round pick.
    What upside does JPW have?
    I agree with your statement about Pennington however I am curious how you are coming to a conclusion that JDB isn't going to be a starting QB in the NFL.
    I am not saying I agree or disagree but just curious how you are concluding this.
    based on what i've heard and read he's not projected to be anything more than a backup... i.e. not starter material... but that's based on Adam Caplan and what's he's seen and heard from the vike camp!
    [/quote]

    So was Tom Brady and Kurt Warner.
    They were projected to be nothing but back ups too.
    It means nothing at this point and to say he will never be an NFL QB at this point is jumping the gun.
    Nobody would know that.
    [/quote]

    And Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith and Rick Mirer were projected to be starters for a long time in the NFL.

    Just wanting to point out that project QBs is incredibly difficult for both sides of the coin.

    What I look for are:
    SENIOR, multi-year starters who played for middle-of-the-road programs.
    People like Drew Brees.
    I knew he was going to be a stud the moment I watched him play for Purdue.

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    as to ejmat, u asked why they say that, i was just answering the question... but yeah, i agree with Zeus...

    and of all the QB's coming out in the last few years... i'm really high on Sanchez... i think he'll be a stud.. there's just something about dude, that i really like... he's gonna be alot better than Stafford...

  9. #29
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,226

    Re: John Parker Wilson?

    "Ranger" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    [quote author=bleedpurple link=topic=51273.msg929239#msg929239 date=1238532192]
    I like steven Mcgee out of texas A&M better than wilson.. imo, he sucks jiggly butt... if Alabama had a better QB they would have won the national championship.. he couldnt get it to any of their receivers and having the alabama career passing record isnt' saying much...

    yeah, he has better stats than joe namath and kenny stabler, but that was in a different era when they played less games and didn't throw it the way modern teams throw it now...

    IMO, he's just not very good... but that's from my standpoint..

    pat white isnt bad... but mostly as a wildcat QB... i just don't see him being a starter here and i hate lefty Qb's...

    i'd rather have vick than him... lol
    White is, flat out, a good football player.
    I think he'll be fine as a quarterback, or whatever they make of him.
    He won games for West Virginia, something a guy like Josh Freeman never did for KSU.

    John Parker Wilson was called John Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson for a reason.
    different type of offense, different type of talent around them... u can't even begin to compare those two... esp given the offenses they played in... if ppl thought like u, then they'd have pat white going in the first round...

    Freeman didnt' have the ppl around him to really gauge his development, but besides that he has more attributes that translate better to the NFL unlike White when comparing them...

    that's why some guys are hella good in college but dont do pooh in the pro's and vice versa...
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    There's a reason why us KSU fans weren't huge on Freeman...and it's because he's diet-JaMarcus Russell-lite.
    He pads his stats against teams like Iowa State, but turns the ball over constantly against the top Big 12 teams.
    He's simply not that good.

    I think you're underrating the actual talent that was on KSU, as well.
    He had Jordy Nelson to throw to until this last season, and there were several decent players across the board.
    If he was as good a quarterback as people outside the Big 12 think, the team would have performed on a level with Kansas, instead of sucking it up in the Big 12 North, which is far weaker than the south.
    oh yeah, i seem to recall Jordy nelson being a juggernaut...
    :

    with that said, KSU fans can be biased and not see the actual talent that's there or is masked by their bias...

    Just ask ppl from BC about Matt Ryan, and i'm sure they'd of said the same thing or something quite similar...
    haha, are you serious man?
    Jordy was a manimal out there, and smoked the shoes off of a certain first round cornerback from Kansas.

    My point being, while Freeman has all the measurables, he lacks what makes great quarterbacks great.
    The ability to shoulder their team and win games.
    Tebow has it.
    Montana had it.
    Elway had it.
    Freeman most certainly does not.
    [/quote]

    Lol ... Elway did not even make it to a bowl game in college. So, you apparently think he deserved the chance to prove it in the NFL based on his NFL-quality attributes.
    I think Freeman is similar. On a team that was completely outmatched (talent top to bottom is clearly not as good as half the teams in the Big 12) and he did not do that well. I just think it is funny that you say "Elway had it" when he could not win in college any more than Freeman.

  10. #30
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,060

    Re: John Parker Wilson?

    "midgensa" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    [quote author=Ranger link=topic=51273.msg929242#msg929242 date=1238532496]
    [quote author=bleedpurple link=topic=51273.msg929239#msg929239 date=1238532192]
    I like steven Mcgee out of texas A&M better than wilson.. imo, he sucks jiggly butt... if Alabama had a better QB they would have won the national championship.. he couldnt get it to any of their receivers and having the alabama career passing record isnt' saying much...

    yeah, he has better stats than joe namath and kenny stabler, but that was in a different era when they played less games and didn't throw it the way modern teams throw it now...

    IMO, he's just not very good... but that's from my standpoint..

    pat white isnt bad... but mostly as a wildcat QB... i just don't see him being a starter here and i hate lefty Qb's...

    i'd rather have vick than him... lol
    White is, flat out, a good football player.
    I think he'll be fine as a quarterback, or whatever they make of him.
    He won games for West Virginia, something a guy like Josh Freeman never did for KSU.

    John Parker Wilson was called John Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson for a reason.
    different type of offense, different type of talent around them... u can't even begin to compare those two... esp given the offenses they played in... if ppl thought like u, then they'd have pat white going in the first round...

    Freeman didnt' have the ppl around him to really gauge his development, but besides that he has more attributes that translate better to the NFL unlike White when comparing them...

    that's why some guys are hella good in college but dont do pooh in the pro's and vice versa...
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    There's a reason why us KSU fans weren't huge on Freeman...and it's because he's diet-JaMarcus Russell-lite.
    He pads his stats against teams like Iowa State, but turns the ball over constantly against the top Big 12 teams.
    He's simply not that good.

    I think you're underrating the actual talent that was on KSU, as well.
    He had Jordy Nelson to throw to until this last season, and there were several decent players across the board.
    If he was as good a quarterback as people outside the Big 12 think, the team would have performed on a level with Kansas, instead of sucking it up in the Big 12 North, which is far weaker than the south.
    oh yeah, i seem to recall Jordy nelson being a juggernaut...
    :

    with that said, KSU fans can be biased and not see the actual talent that's there or is masked by their bias...

    Just ask ppl from BC about Matt Ryan, and i'm sure they'd of said the same thing or something quite similar...
    haha, are you serious man?
    Jordy was a manimal out there, and smoked the shoes off of a certain first round cornerback from Kansas.

    My point being, while Freeman has all the measurables, he lacks what makes great quarterbacks great.
    The ability to shoulder their team and win games.
    Tebow has it.
    Montana had it.
    Elway had it.
    Freeman most certainly does not.
    [/quote]

    Lol ... Elway did not even make it to a bowl game in college. So, you apparently think he deserved the chance to prove it in the NFL based on his NFL-quality attributes.
    I think Freeman is similar. On a team that was completely outmatched (talent top to bottom is clearly not as good as half the teams in the Big 12) and he did not do that well. I just think it is funny that you say "Elway had it" when he could not win in college any more than Freeman.
    [/quote]

    Elway is the reason they won anything.
    Same with Cutler in college...had he not been such a good quarterback, they'd have been winless.

    The talent at KSU wasn't nearly as bad as people think.
    Check out Freeman's stats, man, but do it game by game.
    He feasted and stat padded against far inferior teams, and puked all over himself against good squads.


    KSU had the talent of KU.
    If the quarterback had the heart and ability to shoulder the load like Reesing, McCoy, Harrell, Daniels or any of those outstanding Big 12 quarterbacks, KSU would have been in the running for a Big 12 North title.

    He's the most physically gifted Big 12 quarterback, no doubt, but he doesn't have "it".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Later Round Safety; DJ Parker
    By misplacedminnesotan in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 02:39 PM
  2. Willie Parker vs. The NFL RB Crop
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 11:41 PM
  3. Steelers' WR Cedrick Wilson arrested - Steelers cut Wilson from team
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 07:51 AM
  4. Tony Parker cheating on Eva?
    By VikingMike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 06:56 PM
  5. Palmer for Parker
    By threepete21 in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 12:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •