Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Re: John David Booty wants on Vikes?

He is actually the QB I want us to draft if we wait until the 3rd.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I called into the satellite talk show today and discussed what they thought the Vikes will do at 17.

They believed the Vikes want to go with a OT at 17 but they believe the top 5 OT will be gone leaving the best value at Brohm.

Not sure I agree with them but it was a good discussion.

By the way, they chopped me off before I could as another question about Merling and his hernia.
    Which talk show did you call in to????
    The one with Adam Shine.
    Took almost an hour of holding to finally talk to them.
    Adam Shine and Solomon Wilcotts on SIRIUS NFL Radio, Channel 124...very cool Marr
    ;D.
    I was listening to the same show on Friday and a caller made the point that he "didn't see TJ as the answer."
    They hammered him, asking if he thought there was enough evidence to make the judgment.
    The caller said, "probably not, but, I just don't see it."
    They talked about QB's and indicated then that "Brohm is the best WCO QB in the draft and that he would be a great fit for the Vikes."
    Sounds like they might have gone down the same path with you?
    I posted on Friday not to be surprised if the Vikes pick him...there is alot of chat about it all over the net, the radio, satellite, and TV.

We've always agreed that BPA is in the eyes of the drafting team...I absolutely will not be surprised if 4 or 5 OTs are gone, and, arguably, a DE may not warrant the #17 assuming Harvey is gone.

Definitely like Booty if available in the 3rd too...just have a feeling, contrary to the local press (and Chilly's comments) the Vikes are gonna take one of the top 5 QB's on their board.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

slinkey is offline Pro-Bowler

Ive seen him play.
    Maybe a sixth rounder.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"slinkey" wrote:
    Ive seen him play.

Maybe a sixth rounder.
    you cant be serious

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I called into the satellite talk show today and discussed what they thought the Vikes will do at 17.

They believed the Vikes want to go with a OT at 17 but they believe the top 5 OT will be gone leaving the best value at Brohm.

By the way, they chopped me off before I could as another question about Merling and his hernia.
    The one with Adam Shine.
    Adam Shine and Solomon Wilcotts on SIRIUS NFL Radio, Channel 124...very cool Marr
    ;D.
    I was listening to the same show on Friday and a caller made the point that he "didn't see TJ as the answer."
    They hammered him, asking if he thought there was enough evidence to make the judgment.
    They talked about QB's and indicated then that "Brohm is the best WCO QB in the draft and that he would be a great fit for the Vikes."
    I posted on Friday not to be surprised if the Vikes pick him...there is alot of chat about it all over the net, the radio, satellite, and TV.

We've always agreed that BPA is in the eyes of the drafting team...I absolutely will not be surprised if 4 or 5 OTs are gone, and, arguably, a DE may not warrant the #17 assuming Harvey is gone.

Definitely like Booty if available in the 3rd too...just have a feeling, contrary to the local press (and Chilly's comments) the Vikes are gonna take one of the top 5 QB's on their board.
    My initial question was centered around the discussion of Brohm at 17 instead of a OT because of the McKinnie deal.
    They agreed that they believe Spielman wants to take a OT at 17 but they are pretty sure that no OT or DE for that matter will be available at 17 that is worth picking there.

Thus thier feeling that based on pure value/BPA Brohm should be the man taken.

I will try to get through again later this week to get that followup question in that I wanted to aske them about the difference between a RDE and LDE.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

The one with Adam Shine.
    ;D.

My initial question was centered around the discussion of Brohm at 17 instead of a OT because of the McKinnie deal.
    They agreed that they believe Spielman wants to take a OT at 17 but they are pretty sure that no OT or DE for that matter will be available at 17 that is worth picking there.

I will try to get through again later this week to get that followup question in that I wanted to aske them about the difference between a RDE and LDE.
    ;D
    They'll say "In a cover 2, nothing."
    ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=44047.msg758927#msg758927 date=1208202842]

The one with Adam Shine.
    ;D.

;D
    They'll say "In a cover 2, nothing."
    ;D
    [/quote]
    You know me, if they do I will educate them.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Potus2028" wrote:
    Sports Center Special!!!

John David Booty immediately mentions the Vikings as a team he would be interested in!

The analysts then went on to talk about how he would be a good back up if the T-Jack project doesn't work out....

I had been against drafting a QB, until just now... It makes me think.
    yeah it makes me think too. i hope tj can step up but with a solid passing game a.d. will go nuts out there. i remember reading that the vikings will pick the best talent out there no matter what position.

do you think booty will last till the thrid round? i thought he was better then that.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I hate the fact the Booty came from USC............

I'm prejudiced on that though.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    I hate the fact the Booty came from USC............

I'm prejudiced on that though.
    Better to have Boutte as a teammate than Booty.

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:LYoUF2py6M0J:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Boutte+marc+boutte&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us

LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast