Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Joey Harrington?

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "pennccil" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    I'm not attacking anyone here, but I seriously want to know what makes some of you think that he'll be a decent back up? What has he done to show that?
    well i say sign him as a back up give him a shot in preseason if hes decent we keep him.
    There is a problem...NFL players cost money. I know, I know...they try to keep that quiet. But why spend on a guy that will require decent, no a ton, of cash just to have him "tryout".
    Exactly. If we're going to give someone a shot, I'd rather it be a rookie with absolutely no experience then a QB that has shown only "flashes" of capability in an NFL career.

revprodeji is offline Starter

we know where I stand..bring him in
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

sodaknick is offline Starter

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "pennccil" wrote:
    I'm not attacking anyone here, but I seriously want to know what makes some of you think that he'll be a decent back up? What has he done to show that?
    well i say sign him as a back up give him a shot in preseason if hes decent we keep him.
    There is a problem...NFL players cost money. I know, I know...they try to keep that quiet. But why spend on a guy that will require decent, no a ton, of cash just to have him "tryout".
    Exactly. If we're going to give someone a shot, I'd rather it be a rookie with absolutely no experience then a QB that has shown only "flashes" of capability in an NFL career.

Isn't that what the Lions did with Joey? As a Duck fan, I watched Harrington play a lot in college and, doggone it, the man's got some potential. Bring him in, draft Brodie Croyle, let the two of them battle with JT for the two remaining spots.

Gift is offline Coordinator

"Gift" wrote:
    I can give you my perspective on the matter. He has for the most part been a bust but he has showed moments of what he is capable of (361 passing yards vs. Minnesota 12/19/04). He is still young so could have a long career ahead of him. He has always used the west coast offense so he won't have an issue with our system. Detroit is a terrible organization and I question if any QB could do well there. I think right now he could be a solid back up & perhaps develop into a solid starter in a year or two.
    Again I'm not seeing your reasoning behind this. If you use a game against us in 2004 as your thought process, well, just to remind you we had one of the worst defenses that year. We made Chad Hutchinson look like an MVP and I don't see anyone suggesting that we sign him. But, of course you're more then willing to express your opinions. I just don't see the logic behind any of it.
    I've tried to explain my logic but I guess I'm just not expressing it well. Don't get me wrong, if we can get a good rookie and start developing him I would also be fine with. But imo Joey is the best option for us our of the current FA pool due to his age, exp with our offense & exp with our division rivals. I'm just looking for a decent back-up this year and a solid starter after BJ retires. I've seen a few names being thrown around and I'm just not excited about Nall since I've not once seen the guy play.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Prophet Guest

Now that would be a battle of network stars that would hit the cutting room floor before the editors got ahold of it.

Joey VS JT: the sequel.

Argh... alright... you guys dream of Harrington, but god help us all if you guys get your wish.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Gift" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    You have got to be kidding. He has been a huge bust and one of the worst starting qbs in the league the past 4 years.
    To be fair he has played for one of the worst teams with the worst management. I honestly think he could do well with a better situation in a better organization.
    Why don't we just go out and sign all the bad players who played for bad teams because they "might" do better with us? MAnagement doesn't affect the fact that he made terrible decisions, threw ugly balls and couldn't do anything on offense.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    You have got to be kidding. He has been a huge bust and one of the worst starting qbs in the league the past 4 years.
    To be fair he has played for one of the worst teams with the worst management. I honestly think he could do well with a better situation in a better organization.
    Why don't we just go out and sign all the bad players who played for bad teams because they "might" do better with us? MAnagement doesn't affect the fact that he made terrible decisions, threw ugly balls and couldn't do anything on offense.
    :cheers: A voice of reason.

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

You are joking right??

I hope you are

Thank you Josdin for the sig

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Harrington would be a solid back up IMO.. Could even develop into a starter..

He plays in a HORRRRRRRRRIBLE system.. I don't think any QB could strive in that system..

People make the argument about 3 good WR's.. Well only 1 is good.. Roy Williams.. M Williams was a rookie.. And Rogers has been a huge bust and hasn't even played like 10 total games..

And they also have a pretty bad line.. As bad as ours last year

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast