Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Joey Harrington?

KFFL
    Vikings | Team will visit with McMahon
    Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:31:04 -0800

Jeff Darlington, of the Palm Beach Post, reports the Minnesota Vikings will visit with free agent QB Mike McMahon (Eagles) Wednesday, March 22.
    If I were a betting man I wold guess McMahon will be Brad's backup and we draft a youngster also. Childress has worked with McMahon and I think in his press conference he mentioned him.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

What I want to know is... Why we ever let Bouman slip away as our #2?? Then we wouldn't be having this discussion. Harrington might be alright in our new system.. and with Hutch added and Birk back. He has great quarterback mechanics... but his organization sucked. A quarterback is crap without confidence. Pep should be a living example of that. Harrington had to worry about his job every second. The Lions didn't stand behind him.. and it's the lions org's fault he didn't have any success. How could anyone expect Harrington to perform up to his ability on a team like Detroit has been the past couple of years. I would still like to see the Vikes go after someone who has proved themselves a little more... But I'm not going to hate on the guy.
    How bout you sideburns.. You want somma this milk??

Vikerliker76 is offline Training Camp

I have to agree with that also. I've studied the game a looooooong time now (or at least it seems) and Joey does have some issues, but a lot of positive upside with the right coach. Strong arm, youth, WCO experience. That said, I don't want him! I think Childress will take McMahon today because of how familiar he is with him and vice versa.
    "Everything I lack, I make up in denial."

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "fsstangs" wrote:
    We dont have many options besides throwing the entire draft to take a chance on cutler?? The schaub trade is not going to happen, and if we do throw the draft and take lineart I might take a long walk off a short plank. I say sign harrington to a one year deal draft whitehurst, gradkowski or jacobs and HOPE johnson dont get hurt.
    Finaly, someone else has posted the name I've been throwing around here lately.

Charlie Whitehurtst would be a great draft choice, I've seen a couple of his games for Clemson and he has some skills for sure. Also from what I read, he had a solid combine.
    Yeah...I like Whitehurst as well...I think that he could be a heck of a WCO QB with time to learn the offense from a master like BJ! As far as the backup for this season, I wouldn't be opposed to Harrington...or McMahon...although I think that Harrington has the bigger upside...and that Childress and Bevell could probably develop him given enough time. Our revamped O-line would definitely give him a better opportunity to shine should he be thrust into the starting lineup if (GOD FORBID) BJ got hurt.

Most likely though, McMahon will be the choice because of the familiarity factor.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Texas_Viking" wrote:
    What I want to know is... Why we ever let Bouman slip away as our #2?? Then we wouldn't be having this discussion. Harrington might be alright in our new system.. and with Hutch added and Birk back. He has great quarterback mechanics... but his organization sucked. A quarterback is crap without confidence. Pep should be a living example of that. Harrington had to worry about his job every second. The Lions didn't stand behind him.. and it's the lions org's fault he didn't have any success. How could anyone expect Harrington to perform up to his ability on a team like Detroit has been the past couple of years. I would still like to see the Vikes go after someone who has proved themselves a little more... But I'm not going to hate on the guy.
    Great first post! Welcome to the board!!!

Where in Texas are you located?

Make sure to go to the Free Beer forum and properly introduce yourself...and our resident Beer Distributor will come by and serve you up a few virtual beers for your trouble! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

March 24, 2006
    HARRINGTON: "TEAM HATES ME, I HATE TEAM"
    Mike Florio

As speculation, rumor, and innuendo regarding the events that transpired at the ill-fated quarterback school involving eventually-to-be-former Lions signal-caller Joey Harrington and offensive coordinator Mike Martz continue to trickle out of Motown, we're told that the catalyst for the looming divorce was a meeting between Harrington and CEO Matt Millen.

Harrington, we hear, went into Millen's office and said, "I hate the team, and the team hates me. I want out."

And Millen opted to honor the request.

The Lions are still holding out hope of getting value for Harrington in lieu of simply cutting him loose. The current favorites to send a low-round pick to Detroit for the former No. 3 overall selection are the Chiefs and the Vikings.

Look for the Lions to use the possibility of trading Harrington to the Vikings to get the Chiefs to cough up a six or a seven. In the end, though, we doubt that the Lions would trade Harrington within the same division. In 1999, for example, the Vikings wanted to trade from the No. 11 spot up to the No. 9 pick in the draft when the Vikes hoped to get in front of the Ravens at No. 10 and select cornerback Chris McAlister. The Lions, who held the No. 9 pick, declined because they didn't want to do business with a then-NFC Central rival.

Any trade, of course, hinges on the willingness of Harrington to work out a contract that reduces the $8.5 million cap number that his new team would absorb in 2006, based on a $4 million roster bonus due in June and a $4.5 million salary.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

I hate Joey. I do love him when he starts for our opponents.

[color=red]

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I love Joey in a Chief's uniform!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

[quote="snowinapril"]ESPNews reported that the Lions are going to RELEASE him.

The Raiders are said to be desparate and are considering snagging him up.[/quote]

dear lord, can you imagine how much $hit the raider fans would give him?
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

Prophet Guest

Joey Harrington and Aaron Brooks on the same team? Talk about the laughing stock of the NFL. That would be great.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast