Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Joe Flacco in the second round?

"Marrdro" wrote:

Heck for that matter its why most QB's slip during draft day (ala Brady Quinn).

By the way, how is that working out for Cleveland.
    Has Brady Quinn made DA better or could his sudden rise equate to the staff adding the right pieces around him.
    I'm not sure, but I bet there's a lot more crotch grabbing going on in Cleveland.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cito is offline Training Camp

Marrdro,

Good points.
    I believe that competition does make players better, and TJ really has no competition at quarterback.
    That is simply my opinion.
    Maybe, I should just say that I don't really think that TJ is the answer and we need to look for someone else.

I am not alone in this opinion:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=yasinskas_pat&id=3254542

My hope is that TJ makes some significant strides this offseason, but there is some urgency here.
    AD has maybe 5 or 6 elite years in him, and there is a need to put players around him sooner as opposed to later.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"cito" wrote:
    Marrdro,

Good points.
    I believe that competition does make players better, and TJ really has no competition at quarterback.
    That is simply my opinion.
    Maybe, I should just say that I don't really think that TJ is the answer and we need to look for someone else.

I am not alone in this opinion:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=yasinskas_pat&id=3254542

My hope is that TJ makes some significant strides this offseason, but there is some urgency here.
    AD has maybe 5 or 6 elite years in him, and there is a need to put players around him sooner as opposed to later.
    I assumed that but didn't want to appear to be putting words in your mouth.
    Got in trouble a few pages back for that.
    ;D

I also don't think he is the guy if for no other reason than he isn't NFL ready yet but I do believe that given time he will be the guy.

Problem is, most don't want to wait for that time to pass.
    Maybe, just maybe, if he makes as much progress during the offseason as he did last year then he will actually be a servicable QB next year.

Improve the D (keeps our offense on the field more), add a WR, improved OL play and even marginal improvement by TJ and we will be pretty damn good next year.
    (At least that is my prayer every night).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Flacco impresses scouts during pro day at Delaware[/size]

By KEVIN TRESOLINI, The News Journal
    delawareonline.com

Posted Friday, March 7, 2008

NEWARK -- Nearly two dozen important pairs of eyes were focused on Joe Flacco late Thursday morning.

They belonged to men wearing the unmistakable logos and colors of National Football League franchises -- the navy blue trimmed in red of the New England Patriots, the Baltimore Ravens' purple, the New Orleans Saints' black and old gold....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the read my friend.

The chess match that will be played for these kids (QB's) this year will be interesting to watch.
    What with the state of NFL QBs these days, teams will be reaching a bit for all of the QB's in this draft and I expect kids like Flacco who have talent will go a bit higher than expected.

The GM's better do thier homework on these kids and the teams that are interested in them to make sure they don't either miss a guy they want because a team took him early as well as not to reach to soon on a kid that won't make the team.

Again, let the chess match begin.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234