Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: Joe Flacco in the second round?

    what a waste of a thread lmao

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  2. #22
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Joe Flacco in the second round?

    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    what a waste of a thread lmao
    What a waste of an opinion.

  3. #23
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: Joe Flacco in the second round?

    "Schutz" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    what a waste of a thread lmao
    What a waste of an opinion.
    theres absolutely no reason for us to draft a qb in the 2nd round
    we have tjack who is coming along fine, he finished the season very good
    yet people still hate on him and ask if we should draft another unproven qb.

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  4. #24
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Joe Flacco in the second round?

    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    what a waste of a thread lmao
    What a waste of an opinion.
    theres absolutely no reason for us to draft a qb in the 2nd round
    we have tjack who is coming along fine, he finished the season very good
    yet people still hate on him and ask if we should draft another unproven qb.
    Yeah, so we can keep seeing the inconsitency

  5. #25
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: Joe Flacco in the second round?

    "Nephilim" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    what a waste of a thread lmao
    What a waste of an opinion.
    theres absolutely no reason for us to draft a qb in the 2nd round
    we have tjack who is coming along fine, he finished the season very good
    yet people still hate on him and ask if we should draft another unproven qb.
    Yeah, so we can keep seeing the inconsitency
    the guy has barely played a full season
    not many qbs come in and own the league right when they come into the league
    give the guys some more time

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  6. #26
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Joe Flacco in the second round?

    I'd rather have a pocket passer..TJACK is not...my opinion..thats all

  7. #27
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Joe Flacco in the second round?

    How can you say that this QB will never play?
    How often is the starting QB of game 1 the start all year long?
    Most often times you need to dig into the researves during the season.
    Who said never. I fully expect the kid to play if drafted.
    Probably sometime in 2010.

    Look, if they draft a QB this year (again I think they will but at a later round) they will have a Vet QB that will back up TJ.
    This kid will sit/ride the pine for several years.


    That isn't playing right away or making an immediate impact which is what is expected of most first day draft picks.

    Also, we don't know exactly what we have with Jackson yet.
    Nobody on this sight can say that 100% that TJ will be good starting QB in this league.
    Nobody here can say 100% that he will be a total flop and we should cut ties right now.
    Another QB that is ready to play right now would help in depth at the QB position and to help accelerate TJ learning curve.
    He will have to try that much harder because he isn't assured the starting spot.
    Again, I think TJ is a good QB but having 2 starting quality guys can't hurt.
    If both turn out to be above average you can then trade one for a 1st rounder because good QBs are not a dime a dozen.
    Drafting a QB on day 2 you really are less likely to get a quality QB
    Now your confusing me again.


    Don't want to put words in your mouth (JK
    ;D) but it now sounds like you think that if they took Flacco he possibly could beat out TJ as the starter.

    Are you saying that you want them to take a QB on the first day to push TJ/make him better?

    I always thought coaches coaching the players made them better not another guy on the roster.
    Trust me, it isn't like TJ is only giving 80% because he knows no one is there on the bench pushing him to be better.

    Again, you lost me there.

    Before I say who the Vikings should draft I want to see what they do in Free Agency.
    What would happen if the Vikings resign D Smith, Doss, and pick up another S.
    Then all of a sudden S isn't a day 1 need.
    Should we get younger at that spot sure.
    However should we take one with the 17th pick in the draft.
    Maybe not.
    Then we should look at DE.

    What happens if in FA we sign a top DE.
    Then we have 2 legitimate starters (FA and Edwards) with another 2 that are close to being ready (James and Robison).
    Then we don't need a day 1 pick on DE.
    Free Agency will determine who the Vikings will draft.
    You are correct, FA will drive what we do in the draft.
    Problem is this is the offseason, not much to do (fishing sucks this year and hunting season is over) so I like to muck about guessing just to see how close I am.

    Again, I can see the Vikings draft a QB on day 1.
    Therefore, for this thread yes it could be Joe Flacco.
    I like you.
    At least you defend your position.
    Great stuff my friend.
    Still disagree with you on this one point though and I am not a TJ supporter.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Joe Flacco in the second round?

    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    what a waste of a thread lmao
    Why?

    You don't like speculating about what the team might do?
    Obviously you do or you wouldn't have opened the thread and read all the way through it.

    I for one believe that if a poster took the time to make a thread then we owe it to him to at least give him an honest reply whether we agree or disagree.

    Hell, for that matter, even if you do disagree, the originator of the thread might just convince you that he is right and you are wrong.

    Again, seems to me that is what this site is made for and the reason we hang around and open these types of threads.

    (Key note: Of course you could be here just for the HOF thread).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    cito is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    32

    Re: Joe Flacco in the second round?

    Having seen some highlight reel footage, Flacco might not be as good as had been indicated on the draft sites.
    He is tall and has some elusiveness to him, but there is a bit of a hitch in his throwing motion (seemed to me at least) and a lot of the passes on the highlight reel were behind the receiver.


    Even if TJ is THE GUY, I think he would benefit from being pushed by some talent at number 2 and 3.
    Brooks seems a serviceable backup, but competition improves the breed, and I think some new blood, either from the draft or FA, needs to be brought in to push TJ more.
    Depending on his workouts, Flacco might be available later in the draft than 2 and still could be worth a shot.
    It would be cool if they brought him in for a workout.


    What would you do if Matt Ryan were available at 17?
    I would say take him.

  10. #30
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Joe Flacco in the second round?

    "cito" wrote:
    Having seen some highlight reel footage, Flacco might not be as good as had been indicated on the draft sites.
    He is tall and has some elusiveness to him, but there is a bit of a hitch in his throwing motion (seemed to me at least) and a lot of the passes on the highlight reel were behind the receiver.


    Even if TJ is THE GUY, I think he would benefit from being pushed by some talent at number 2 and 3.
    Brooks seems a serviceable backup, but competition improves the breed, and I think some new blood, either from the draft or FA, needs to be brought in to push TJ more.
    Depending on his workouts, Flacco might be available later in the draft than 2 and still could be worth a shot.
    It would be cool if they brought him in for a workout.


    What would you do if Matt Ryan were available at 17?
    I would say take him.

    Someone please clear this up for me.
    How does having someone else sitting on the bench make a player better.
    Either he is good or he isn't.
    He either gives 100% or he doesn't.

    Having a sound backup and a future replacement on the bench does nothing more than solidify the position and unless I am completely wrong here, that is what we are looking for.
    A good starter, a good backup and a future star.

    Drafting a guy like Matt or Joe does nothing more that use a first day pick on a guy with will sit on the bench.
    At this stage of the game we need guys on the field that can make the team better.
    Probably why all the other teams with starting QB's will pass on Matt, Joe and any other QB that isn't a guy that will start instantly.

    Heck for that matter its why most QB's slip during draft day (ala Brady Quinn).

    By the way, how is that working out for Cleveland.
    Has Brady Quinn made DA better or could his sudden rise equate to the staff adding the right pieces around him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Flacco gets nod as Ravens starting quarterback
    By shockzilla in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 12:19 PM
  2. Flacco agrees to a 5-year deal
    By Garland Greene in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 03:03 PM
  3. Negotiations under way for Flacco
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 10:31 PM
  4. Bears show interst in Flacco
    By snowinapril in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 03:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •