Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: jkjuggalo's Realistic Dream Draft

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Great stuff as always my friend.
    You even put more work into this stuff than I do.

;D

Not sure about a couple of the selections as I don't know if someone else would/could be available but I agree with the positions you are addressing.

I really like Albert.
    He would depth at G and T and could start at either position right off the bat and would nullify the McKinnie questions that still linger.

I would much rather have Flacco or Booty over Johnson but at this point any of those 5 or 6 will make me happy.

I've been saying two DE's for quite a while.

Not sure if they will draft a Center because of Mozes but that guy is in fact a good one.

Again, great stuff my friend.
    You gonna be online during the draft?

Only if I call in sick to work like I did last year. ;D
    Most likely I will just DVR it and watch it after work, so in all likelihood I will be avoiding the Internet, TV, and radio all day.

As far as your other comments, I like Flacco, but think he will be gone by our 3rd round pick.
    I also think that the FO will not draft him in the 2nd unless they are really sold on him supplanting TJack.

I just don't like JD Booty.
    Like I said in an earlier post, he has the smallest hands of any QB in the draft.
    Those small hands don't translate well into playing in cold climates like GB and Chicago.
    USC quarterbacks are usually overrated and don't become great NFL players.
    I would say that Booty is worth a 5th round pick, but not a 3rd.

Josh Johnson has similar traits to TJack except he has incredible college stats and is even faster (4.40 40).
    He has a great arm and can make all the throws.
    He is also a natural leader.

I don't know much about Mozes other than that he was undrafted.
    If Birk is gone after this season, I would like to have 2 young guys to battle it out for the starting position anyway.
    Pollack is the best center this year, so if we can get him and groom him for a year, he would probably be the man for the job.

Thanks for the kind words and yes, I do spend way to much time studying the draft (when I should be doing homework).
    That is the first time I've heard he had small hands.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Great stuff as always my friend.
    You even put more work into this stuff than I do.

;D

Not sure about a couple of the selections as I don't know if someone else would/could be available but I agree with the positions you are addressing.

I really like Albert.
    He would depth at G and T and could start at either position right off the bat and would nullify the McKinnie questions that still linger.

I would much rather have Flacco or Booty over Johnson but at this point any of those 5 or 6 will make me happy.

I've been saying two DE's for quite a while.

Not sure if they will draft a Center because of Mozes but that guy is in fact a good one.

Again, great stuff my friend.
    You gonna be online during the draft?

Only if I call in sick to work like I did last year. ;D
    Most likely I will just DVR it and watch it after work, so in all likelihood I will be avoiding the Internet, TV, and radio all day.

As far as your other comments, I like Flacco, but think he will be gone by our 3rd round pick.
    I also think that the FO will not draft him in the 2nd unless they are really sold on him supplanting TJack.

I just don't like JD Booty.
    Like I said in an earlier post, he has the smallest hands of any QB in the draft.
    Those small hands don't translate well into playing in cold climates like GB and Chicago.
    USC quarterbacks are usually overrated and don't become great NFL players.
    I would say that Booty is worth a 5th round pick, but not a 3rd.

Josh Johnson has similar traits to TJack except he has incredible college stats and is even faster (4.40 40).
    He has a great arm and can make all the throws.
    He is also a natural leader.

I don't know much about Mozes other than that he was undrafted.
    If Birk is gone after this season, I would like to have 2 young guys to battle it out for the starting position anyway.
    Pollack is the best center this year, so if we can get him and groom him for a year, he would probably be the man for the job.

Thanks for the kind words and yes, I do spend way to much time studying the draft (when I should be doing homework).
    That is the first time I've heard he had small hands.
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2008QB.php

John David Booty, USC
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 218.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.83.
    Combine 40 Time: 4.84.
    Hand Size: 8 1/2.
    Projected Round: 3-4.
    John David Booty has the smallest hands of any quarterback in this class. That could translate to a lot of fumbles (see Daunte Culpepper and Alex Smith).
    Now you have

I see those two names at the end of this quote and throw up a little in my mouth every time somebody mentions Booty.

If Matt Leinart can't beat out an over the hill Kurt Warner and JD Booty can't beat out a Matt Leinart, that is not the QB I want the Vikes to develop.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

After reading all the info on Josh Johnson and watching the videos, im actually starting to really like this guy ;D I really like his mehcanics and how he is so clam in the pocket, but those guys said he could go in the second round, so i dont know how likely it is for us to get him but if we did draft him i wouldnt be mad at all ;D

by the way i really liked how you put info and videos for your picks

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    After reading all the info on Josh Johnson and watching the videos, im actually starting to really like this guy ;D I really like his mehcanics and how he is so clam in the pocket, but those guys said he could go in the second round, so i dont know how likely it is for us to get him but if we did draft him i wouldnt be mad at all ;D

jkjuggalo is the shit when it comes to scouting players with the assets he has at hand.

I'd love to sit down and drink some brews with him and talk draft stuff.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:

jkjuggalo is the pooh when it comes to scouting players with the assets he has at hand.

;D
    Likewise.

Too bad we are on complete opposite sides of the continent.
    You've been meaning to take a trip to Alaska haven't you? ;D
    Summer is coming up quick...lots of good fishing.

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:

jkjuggalo is the pooh when it comes to scouting players with the assets he has at hand.

;D
    Likewise.

I already made a effort to tell WW about a trip to Alaska in a few years (gotta get Wildman through college).

She said I would have to give up the Harley for that.
    Decisions, decisions.
    ;D

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:

;D
    Likewise.

I already made a effort to tell WW about a trip to Alaska in a few years (gotta get Wildman through college).

Decisions, decisions.
    ;D
    Throw her on the back of the Harley and ride up here.
    A lot of people (usually men going through a mid-life crisis) make the long journey up the Alcan Highway.

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:

;D
    Likewise.

Decisions, decisions.
    ;D
    Throw her on the back of the Harley and ride up here.
    A lot of people (usually men going through a mid-life crisis) make the long journey up the Alcan Highway.
    Ole Wildwoman works in the Emergency room of our biggest Hospital in the area.
    She sees way to many bike accidents (Most of them crotch rockets) for her to be to happy about me wanting one again let alone getting on the back of one.
    ;D

I decided to make version 2.0 with trades:

DE Chris Long, UVA
    (from St. Louis)

Miami has opened contract negotiation with Jake Long, so Chris Long may be available here.
    The Vikings' FO finds that Linehan and Co. are willing to take McKinnie off our hands.
    We trade BMac and picks 47 and 73 and a conditional 2009 draft pick (based on McKinnie's suspension) to the Rams to get the most complete DE in this years draft.
    This trade makes sense for both teams:
    the Rams get some help on the Oline and a couple more picks to fill the gaps in their defense.
    The Vikings address their biggest need and get a huge character boost with the addition of Long and the subtraction of McKinnie.
    If the Dolphins take Chris Long, perhaps the Chiefs would be interested in making a similar trade if Gholston were there for us.

OT Chris Williams, Vanderbilt

With McKinnie out the door, we need to find an immediate replacement at LT.
    Williams is probably the most NFL ready LT available at this point in the draft.
    His specialty is pass-blocking, which is what TJack needs.
    If he is gone, either Branden Albert or Jeff Otah should be available.
    Another scenario is that Spielman finds a way to trade back and get Gosder Cherilus and pick up a another pick.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/chris-williams?id=332
    Positives: Has a thick, wide upper body with broad shoulders, big bubble, wide hips and solid thigh and calf thickness...Has the wingspan and big hands to make the reach block, showing very good balance in his kick slide and attempts to mirror the edge rushers...Plays with adequate knee bend and is functional on short pulls and traps in-line when he plays on his feet but is not good running long distances..
    OT John Greco, Toledo

A versatile guy that started at 4 different positions in college, Greco would step in and compete for every job except for Hutch's or Birk's.
    Seems weird taking 2 O lineman in a row, but our tackle positions are vital with our running game and young QB.
    We need all the insurance we can get.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/john-greco?id=238
    Positives: Has a thick frame with good bone structure and room to carry at least another 10 pounds of bulk...Quiet leader on the field, but will not hesitate to take a teammate to task for a poor performance...Uses his size and lower-body strength to get movement off the snap, especially when working in-line...Demonstrates good knee-bend and recovery quickness to protect the pocket and adequate change-of-direction agility...Hard worker in the weight room, taking well to hard coaching...Intelligent athlete who is quick to locate stunts and shows good patience on twists..
    RB Kevin Smith, UCF

This guy is a poor man's Adrian Peterson.
    He has great vision and is about as fast as AD.
    He is more of a smooth runner than a power/quickness guy like AD.
    We would be lucky if Smith was available at this pick, but if he was, this could be the steal of the draft.
    Why a RB in the 4th you say?
    Well both Hicks and Taylor are entering their 30s.
    I believe Hicks was signed primarily as a special teams guy, not so much a RB.
    Kevin Smith is better at catching than AD and is a homerun hitter too.
    He and AD could be the scariest tandem of RB's in the NFL for the better part of a decade.
    Watch him tearing up the defenses here:

[youtube=425,350]4aUuzBgVT98[/youtube]

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/kevin-smith?id=947
    Positives: Has the frame to carry at least another 10 pounds of bulk with no loss in quickness...While he lacks ideal strength to move the pile, he has good stop-and-go agility to elude...Has superb pick-and-slide skills, showing shifty lateral moves and very good feet to break free for big yardage into the second level..

SS Bobbie Williams, Bethune Cookman

I think he will be gone by our 6th round pick.
    My favorite sleeper pick is gaining momentum going up draft boards.

WR Ryan Grice-Mullen, Hawaii

Ran a 4.36 at his Pro Day and has always impressed me when I've seen him play.
    He could compete for a roster spot w/ Ferguson.
    Couldn't find a highlight video for him, but here is one play that is representative of the type of player he is:

[youtube=425,350]J6oWHpw71vY[/youtube]

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/ry...mullen?id=1718
    ositives: Good initial quickness off the snap. ... Flashes burst out of his breaks. ... Generally reliable hands and shows the body control to adjust and make the difficult reception. ... Good lateral quickness to make defenders miss in the open field.

Negatives: More quick than fast. ... May struggle to generate separation from defenders in more traditional offenses due to only marginal quickness out of his breaks. ... Only normal acceleration when breaking into the open field and too often doesn't separate from defenders. ... Can be caught from behind.

C Fernando Velasco, Georgia

This guy is 6-3 318 lbs and he can still move well for a big man.
    Should hold up against those monsters inside.
    He is raw, but worth a shot since we have at least one year to groom him behind Birk.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=10692
    01/20/08 - East-West Shrine Week in Review: (Round Middle 6, 7): OL Fernando Velasco (Georgia): A strong punch and anchor could make him a solid center candidate for a power running scheme. Could also play a strong drive blocking guard. Improving his footwork in pass protection could make him a very good pro.
    QB Ryan O'Hara, Central Oklahoma

For all of you bitching about Thigpen being gone, here is an even better prospect that should be able to come in and push Bollinger.
    Hopefully we keep him on the roster this time!
    Check out his highlights:

[youtube=425,350]iUqJzAUViCo[/youtube]

I've gotta say that I hope this is the draft we have here.
    I like the way this one turned out just a little more.
    What do you guys think of this one?

After a draft like that, our main roster would look pretty nice.
    Yes, I am aware that this is more than we are allowed to have on the active roster.
    I suspect we will drop a few of these players by opening day.

Offense:

Quarterback:

Tarvaris Jackson
    Gus Frerotte
    Brooks Bollinger or Ryan O'Hara

Running back:
    Adrian Peterson
    Chester Taylor
    Kevin Smith
    Maurice Hicks

Fullback:
    Thomas Tapeh