Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets game plan

Jets game plan

http://vikingsnow.blogspot.com/2007/08/jets-game-plan.html

Vikings coach Brad Childress said DE Erasmus James will not play Friday against the New York Jets. But it does appear that DE Khreem Smith will play.

As for the quarterback rotation, Childress said each quarterback will play one quarter. Tarvaris Jackson the first, Brooks Bollinger the second, Drew Henson the third and Tyler Thigpen the fourth. He said the starting offense and defense would play the entire first half.

During his press conference, Childress also thanked Mankato, Minnesota State University and his Vikings training camp staff. According to Childress, 50,000 fans attended training camp this year and that the team signed 15,000 autographs at the official signing area.

Childress said he's pleased with where the team is so far this preseason. But he added, "People are starting to get a little bit feisty."

I dont know if i want the starters playing that much in a preseason game they might get hurt

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Jets game plan

"DaVizzles" wrote:

Vikings coach Brad Childress said DE Erasmus James will not play Friday against the New York Jets. But it does appear that DE Khreem Smith will play.

As for the quarterback rotation, Childress said each quarterback will play one quarter. Tarvaris Jackson the first, Brooks Bollinger the second, Drew Henson the third and Tyler Thigpen the fourth. He said the starting offense and defense would play the entire first half.

During his press conference, Childress also thanked Mankato, Minnesota State University and his Vikings training camp staff. According to Childress, 50,000 fans attended training camp this year and that the team signed 15,000 autographs at the official signing area.

Childress said he's pleased with where the team is so far this preseason. But he added, "People are starting to get a little bit feisty."

I dont know if i want the starters playing that much in a preseason game they might get hurt

Pretty much standard practice Daviz.
    Either play a half in the 2nd or 3rd preseason.
    Won't see much of anybody in the 4th but bubble guys trying for that last impression.
    Usually thats when all the hurt comes
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

50,000 fans attended training camp this year and that the team signed 15,000 autographs at the official signing area.
    It was actually more like 14,500 autographs.
    Troy Williamson was very accommodating with the fans but he kept dropping the pen when it came time to but the ink to the paper.

It will be nice to see the starters for a little longer this time.
    (and live in HD )

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

What does he mean by "A little bit feisty."?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    What does he mean by "A little bit feisty."?
    When you face the same guy over and over, eventually he starts rubbing you the wrong way.

Little scuffles break out.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"DaVizzles" wrote:

Oh my God! This is absolutely shocking!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:

It's too late at night, and I have had too much Jack and Coke.
    Are you being serious, or just trying to drum up the naysayers?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:

It's too late at night, and I have had too much Jack and Coke.
    Are you being serious, or just trying to drum up the naysayers?
    Speaking of Jack... I suppose it's about time for me to go fill up my hotel ice bucket so I can enjoy some Seagram V.O. and Coke.
    ;D

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Childress: James to sit out on Friday night[/size]

Aug 15 2007 12:12PM
    Associated Press
    kxmc.com

MANKATO, Minn. (AP) Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress is playing things safe with defensive end Erasmus (uh-RAZ'-muss) James....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Brad Childress did reveal his plans for the quarterback rotation on Friday. Tarvaris Jackson will play the first quarter, Brooks Bollinger the second, Drew Henson the third and Tyler Thigpen the fourth. Most of the starters will play the first half so Bollinger will get his first preseason work with the top unit."

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=873

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast