Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Jaymar Johnson

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Jaymar Johnson

"Chazz" wrote:
    WR 5

6 WR-BB, AA, Wade, Ferg, Rice, JJ
    (1 to many and all of them are new regime guys, not the ones he didn't like)
    That what I said. He make quick work of changing our WRs. Only 2 yrs, not bad.

As to the previous 2 years; Childress did not like any of the WRs he inherited and has make quick work of doing away with every one of them. Why keep WRs you dont like? Now he has his guys and he may want to keep them all. Childress has said himself that he don't keep a set number at any position, he just wants to keep the 53 best football players and where they line up is secondary. Meaning...5 WRs is not set in stone.

It was on the news in a press conference after the final cut. Something about to many DEs, to which he stated you just want to keep the 53 best players and the position they are at is of less importance. That statement would ring true to the BPA philosophy.
    BPA Philosophy?
    What?

The coacing staff has a method to thier madness.
    They have a 53 man roster based on how many players they feel they need to get the job done week in and week out and that roster is broke down by position and each position has a set number of players that the staff has agreed works for them.

They just aren't gonna change that method because they feel they have a extra WR they need to get on the roster.
    If they feel that good about the guy they will let one of the other WR go.
    They will not (in most cases) steal from another roster position. It just doesn't work that way (at least on teams that are successfull).

Q. Would carrying four quarterbacks in 2008 be out of the question?

A. It wouldn’t be out of the question. Some people go with two, there have been a few that have gone with four. But you’d have to have a reason to do that. Obviously, you are going to be stealing from another position.
    http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1556

Again, if the cat is that good they will make a roster spot for him my letting a WR go, not stealing from another roster position.
    Another option, that I keep trying to remind you of, is that they will make room for the kid on the practice squad.
    Risk with that, as we saw with Thygpen, is that another team might steal him from you.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    K-Longwell
    P-Kluwe
    LS-Loeffler
    3 TE-Klieny, Shank, Mills
    8 OL-You decide who
    3 QB-Booty, Gus, TJ
    3 RB-Hicks, Taylor, AD
    2 FB-Dugan, Tapeh

5 CB-Sapp, Gorden, MM, Griffin, Winfield
    4 S-Sharper, Williams, Boulware, Johnson
    6 LB-EJ, Greenway, Leber, Rufus, Farwell, Ciurciu
    5 DE-Allen, Edwards, Robison, Mitchell, James
    5 DT-PW, KW, Guion, Evans, Wyms/Allen

There is your line up. Who must we have on the roster that I did not mention? Me thinks nobody.

As to the previous 2 years; Childress did not like any of the WRs he inherited and has make quick work of doing away with every one of them. Why keep WRs you dont like? Now he has his guys and he may want to keep them all. Childress has said himself that he don't keep a set number at any position, he just wants to keep the 53 best football players and where they line up is secondary. Meaning...5 WRs is not set in stone.
    When did he say that.
    Infact the newshound just provided us an article were he aluded to/said something along the lines of he wasn't gonna ask his position coaches to give up a guy so they could add another guy in another position.

A. It wouldn’t be out of the question. Some people go with two, there have been a few that have gone with four. But you’d have to have a reason to do that. Obviously, you are going to be stealing from another position.

Sounds like you might be pulling a little something out of your jiggly butt my friend.
    Ya gotta link?
    Until then, try another tact.
    The head coach said he would have to have a reason to do that.
    Seems pretty obvious to me that he will stick with the numbers he has used for the past 2 years.

Heres a good thread we had about the roster and who/what we needed after the season ended.
    I shows the actual numbers (listed below) that the staff likes to use.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...?topic=42926.0

Roster position/Historical number carried.
    QB 3

RB 3

FB 2

WR 5

6 WR-BB, AA, Wade, Ferg, Rice, [s]JJ[/s]
    TE

3 TE-Klieny, Shank, Mills (1 short)

OL 8

DT 4

DE 5

LB 6

CB 5

S

4 S-Sharper, Williams, Boulware, Johnson (1 short)
    P

K

LS

I call kaka del rio. Here's a roster link for you.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/11702761.html

Notice that it does not match your imaginary roster that you claim to be set in stone. Namely; FB\TE 5, not the 6 you state; S 4, not the 5 you claim. Try another tact.

Now they may or may not keep Jaymar, and they may or may not keep 6 WRs. The difference is I only claim it to be a possiblity, where you claim to know with absolute certainty exactly what there roster numbers will be. For that I am throwing the kaka del rio flag.
    Did you happen to read the article?
    My numbers are from the ESPN and NFL sites that list our active roster not a article with a caveat of......

THE FINAL 53 (FOR NOW)
    notice the date
    Last update: September 2, 2007 - 1:14 AM
    .........In it.

Come on my friend. I love this type of discussion.
    Keep on trying.

;D

Ok....show me your link.

September 2, 2007 happens to be 7 days before our first game. What that says to me is....we are ready to start our season with these 53 players. The only roster change between Sept. 2 and Sept. 9 was the signing of Mills. What that means is that a player who Childress coveted was released by a team(Pats) and he felt he couldn't let this opportunity slip past. Hense the extra TE at the expense of the OL.

If your reasoning was true then we would have cut Shank\Klieny\Dugan, but we didn't, we cut Daniels(I believe).

What I want you to explain to me is...Why did we have only 5 FB/TE before the acquisition of Mills if what we really wanted was 6? Why do you have us carrying 5 S when we only carry 4?

“Obviously, Jackson State has had a couple of good players who have come out of there. We just like what he brings in terms of return ability, speed burst and catch. That kind of finishes our draft.”

That is the reason he could make the roster.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    WR 5

It was on the news in a press conference after the final cut. Something about to many DEs, to which he stated you just want to keep the 53 best players and the position they are at is of less importance. That statement would ring true to the BPA philosophy.
    BPA Philosophy?
    What?

They have a 53 man roster based on how many players they feel they need to get the job done week in and week out and that roster is broke down by position and each position has a set number of players that the staff has agreed works for them.

They just aren't gonna change that method because they feel they have a extra WR they need to get on the roster.
    They will not (in most cases) steal from another roster position. It just doesn't work that way (at least on teams that are successfull).

Again, if the cat is that good they will make a roster spot for him my letting a WR go, not stealing from another roster position.
    Another option, that I keep trying to remind you of, is that they will make room for the kid on the practice squad.
    Risk with that, as we saw with Thygpen, is that another team might steal him from you.

Simple...if there stratagy in the draft is BPA then wouldn't it come to reason that there roster would be the BPA on the team? That is how you get high quality depth in all positions. You don't cut a guy who is a really good football player just because you already have a couple of guys at that position.

"Chazz" wrote:
    Ok....show me your link.
    Way to hard to give you all the links I used over the last 2 years.

Here is a good link I like to use for all teams.
    Gives accurate stats (most of the time).
    http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/ro...nnual/2007-min

Here is a quick snapshot of last year.
    http://www.nfl.com/teams/minnesotavi...tions?team=MIN
    Roster moves........

Look for things like this in there to help you understand.
    Even though Herron was on the active roster, he wasn't on the original squad.
    He was added because of an injury.

12/9 David Herron Jr. Activated from the Practice Squad.
    Erasmus James Placed on IR (knee).
    September 2, 2007 happens to be 7 days before our first game. What that says to me is....we are ready to start our season with these 53 players. The only roster change between Sept. 2 and Sept. 9 was the signing of Mills. What that means is that a player who Childress coveted was released by a team(Pats) and he felt he couldn't let this opportunity slip past. Hense the extra TE at the expense of the OL.

If your reasoning was true then we would have cut Shank\Klieny\Dugan, but we didn't, we cut Daniels(I believe).

What I want you to explain to me is...Why did we have only 5 FB/TE before the acquisition of Mills if what we really wanted was 6? Why do you have us carrying 5 S when we only carry 4?
    I think you are confusing apples and oranges.....
    There were a couple of more roster moves after this was written.

A couple of obvious ones.
    In your article can see the obvious final roster cuts after the article was written.....

Offensive linemen (9)

BRYANT McKINNIE, STEVE HUTCHINSON, MATT BIRK, ARTIS HICKS, RYAN COOK, Anthony Herrera, Marcus Johnson, Brian Daniels, Chase Johnson
    Brian Daniels was eventually moved to the practice squad.

Safeties (4)

DARREN SHARPER, DWIGHT SMITH, Tank Williams, Mike Doss

• Two hobbled veterans, both limited on special teams, are backups.
    Eric Frampton made the team and was carried on the active roster.

The Vikings roster now includes three tight ends and three fullbacks. To make room for Mills, they waived offensive lineman Brian Daniels.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/11705141.html

In fact if you look at all the players that made the team you will see a couple of spots that have more than the template but that is because a few were added to the team due to injury.

2007 Roster

3 QB's iaw template
    QB
    Brooks Bollinger
    QB
    Tarvaris Jackson
    QB
    Kelly Holcomb

3 RB's iaw template
    RB
    Chester Taylor
    RB
    Mewelde Moore
    RB
    Adrian Peterson

2 FB's/4 TE's iaw template.
    These two positions can cause confusion based on what web page you visit.
    On some a guy is a TE and on another he is a FB/HB (ala Dugan and Klieny).
    FB
    Tony Richardson
    FB
    Naufahu Tahi
    TE/FB
    Jeff Dugan
    TE
    Visanthe Shiancoe
    TE
    Garrett Mills
    TE/HB/RB
    Jimmy Kleinsasser

8 OL iaw template
    G
    Steve Hutchinson
    C/T
    Matt Birk
    C/T
    Ryan Cook
    T/G
    Artis Hicks
    C/G
    Anthony Herrera

T
    Bryant McKinnie
    G/T
    Marcus Johnson
    G/T Chase Johnson

5 WR's iaw template
    WR
    Aundrae Allison
    WR
    Robert Ferguson
    WR
    Sidney Rice
    WR
    Bobby Wade
    WR
    Troy Williamson

5 S's iaw template
    S
    Mike Doss
    S
    Eric Frampton
    S
    Darren Sharper
    S
    Dwight Smith
    S
    Tank Williams

4 DT's iaw template(Another position that had some player movement during the season because of off field issues.)
    DT
    Fred Evans
    DT
    Kevin Williams
    DT/NT
    Pat Williams
    DT
    Conrad Bolston
    DT/NT
    Spencer Johnson

5 DE (again you have to pay close attention to suspensions and injuries but they carried 5 on the active roster.)
    DE
    Otis Grigsby
    (Added after Injury)
    DE
    Erasmus James (Injury)
    DE
    Jayme Mitchell
    DE
    Brian Robison
    DE
    Kenechi Udeze
    DE
    Ray Edwards (out for suspension)

5 CB's iaw template
    CB
    Charles Gordon
    CB
    Cedric Griffin
    CB
    Marcus McCauley
    CB
    Ronyell Whitaker
    CB
    Antoine Winfield

6 LB'rs
    LB
    Chad Greenway
    LB
    E. J. Henderson
    LB
    Ben Leber
    LB
    Dontarrious Thomas
    LB
    Vinny Ciurciu
    LB
    Heath Farwell

3 ST's
    P
    Chris Kluwe
    C
    Cullen Loeffler
    K
    Ryan Longwell

Daniels, Brian

G

Everett, Tyler

S

Evwaraye, Seppo

G

Filani, Joel

WR

Guerrero, Alex

DT

McCann, Dee

DB

Nance, Martin

WR

Surrency, Justin

WR

Whitlock, Arkee

RB
    10 David Herron Jr.

LB
    11 Little, Brent

WR
    12 Hawkins, Mike

CB
    13 Mathis, Wendell

RB

Again, The staff has put alot of effort into figuring out how many of each they need.
    I am sure they will hold true to that effort.
    If the kid is good enough one of the WR's will be let go. If not and he still shows promise, he will be moved to the practice squad.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Chazz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    WR 5

BPA Philosophy?
    What?

Simple...if there stratagy in the draft is BPA then wouldn't it come to reason that there roster would be the BPA on the team? That is how you get high quality depth in all positions. You don't cut a guy who is a really good football player just because you already have a couple of guys at that position.
    Watch as the teams start thier initial cuts all the way up the the final roster.

Teams cut guys or try to move them to the practice squad all the time.
    Nature of the beast.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    Ok....show me your link.
    Way to hard to give you all the links I used over the last 2 years.

Here is a good link I like to use for all teams.
    Gives accurate stats (most of the time).

Here is a quick snapshot of last year.
    http://www.nfl.com/teams/minnesotavi...tions?team=MIN
    Roster moves........

Look for things like this in there to help you understand.
    Even though Herron was on the active roster, he wasn't on the original squad.
    He was added because of an injury.

I think you are confusing apples and oranges.....
    There were a couple of more roster moves after this was written.

A couple of obvious ones.
    In your article can see the obvious final roster cuts after the article was written.....

Offensive linemen (9)

BRYANT McKINNIE, STEVE HUTCHINSON, MATT BIRK, ARTIS HICKS, RYAN COOK, Anthony Herrera, Marcus Johnson, Brian Daniels, Chase Johnson
    Brian Daniels was eventually moved to the practice squad.

Safeties (4)

DARREN SHARPER, DWIGHT SMITH, Tank Williams, Mike Doss

• Two hobbled veterans, both limited on special teams, are backups.
    Eric Frampton made the team and was carried on the active roster.

The Vikings roster now includes three tight ends and three fullbacks. To make room for Mills, they waived offensive lineman Brian Daniels.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/11705141.html

In fact if you look at all the players that made the team you will see a couple of spots that have more than the template but that is because a few were added to the team due to injury.

2007 Roster

3 QB's iaw template
    QB
    Brooks Bollinger
    QB
    Tarvaris Jackson
    QB
    Kelly Holcomb

3 RB's iaw template
    RB
    Chester Taylor
    RB
    Mewelde Moore
    RB
    Adrian Peterson

2 FB's/4 TE's iaw template.
    These two positions can cause confusion based on what web page you visit.
    On some a guy is a TE and on another he is a FB/HB (ala Dugan and Klieny).
    FB
    Tony Richardson
    FB
    Naufahu Tahi
    TE/FB
    Jeff Dugan
    TE
    Visanthe Shiancoe
    TE
    Garrett Mills
    TE/HB/RB
    Jimmy Kleinsasser

8 OL iaw template
    G
    Steve Hutchinson
    C/T
    Matt Birk
    C/T
    Ryan Cook
    T/G
    Artis Hicks
    C/G
    Anthony Herrera

T
    Bryant McKinnie
    G/T
    Marcus Johnson
    G/T Chase Johnson

5 WR's iaw template
    WR
    Aundrae Allison
    WR
    Robert Ferguson
    WR
    Sidney Rice
    WR
    Bobby Wade
    WR
    Troy Williamson

5 S's iaw template
    S
    Mike Doss
    S
    Eric Frampton
    S
    Darren Sharper
    S
    Dwight Smith
    S
    Tank Williams

4 DT's iaw template(Another position that had some player movement during the season because of off field issues.)
    DT
    Fred Evans
    DT
    Kevin Williams
    DT/NT
    Pat Williams
    DT
    Conrad Bolston
    DT/NT
    Spencer Johnson

5 DE (again you have to pay close attention to suspensions and injuries but they carried 5 on the active roster.)
    DE
    Otis Grigsby
    (Added after Injury)
    DE
    Erasmus James (Injury)
    DE
    Jayme Mitchell
    DE
    Brian Robison
    DE
    Kenechi Udeze
    DE
    Ray Edwards (out for suspension)

5 CB's iaw template
    CB
    Charles Gordon
    CB
    Cedric Griffin
    CB
    Marcus McCauley
    CB
    Ronyell Whitaker
    CB
    Antoine Winfield

6 LB'rs
    LB
    Chad Greenway
    LB
    E. J. Henderson
    LB
    Ben Leber
    LB
    Dontarrious Thomas
    LB
    Vinny Ciurciu
    LB
    Heath Farwell

3 ST's
    P
    Chris Kluwe
    C
    Cullen Loeffler
    K
    Ryan Longwell

Daniels, Brian

G

Everett, Tyler

S

Evwaraye, Seppo

G

Filani, Joel

WR

Guerrero, Alex

DT

McCann, Dee

DB

Nance, Martin

WR

Surrency, Justin

WR

Whitlock, Arkee

RB
    10 David Herron Jr.

LB
    11 Little, Brent

WR
    12 Hawkins, Mike

CB
    13 Mathis, Wendell

RB

Again, The staff has put alot of effort into figuring out how many of each they need.
    I am sure they will hold true to that effort.
    If the kid is good enough one of the WR's will be let go. If not and he still shows promise, he will be moved to the practice squad.

I'm not sure what you think you prove here....other than my point.

12/31 Ray Edwards suspension lifted.

12/14 Justin Surrency practice squad addition.

12/13 Fred Evans suspension lifted.

12/6 Otis Grigsby signed.

12/5 Ray Edwards suspended (4 games (nfl policy on steroid use)).

11/28 Alex Guerrero practice squad addition.
    Conrad Bolston Activated from the Practice Squad.

11/27 Fred Evans suspended (two games by nfl - personal conduct).

11/21 Anthony Herrera re-signed (five-year extension).

11/10 Ronyell Whitaker signed.
    Koy Detmer cut.

11/6 Ronyell Whitaker cut.
    Koy Detmer signed.

10/25 Chris Kluwe re-signed (six-year extension).

10/24 Brian Daniels practice squad addition.
    Dee McCann practice squad addition.
    Chad Johnson practice squad deletion.

10/22 Brian Daniels cut.
    Eric Frampton acquired from waivers.

10/9 Brian Daniels Activated from the Practice Squad.
    Darrion Scott Placed on IR (foot).

9/12 David Herron Jr. practice squad addition.

9/11 Brandon Archer practice squad deletion.

9/7 Pat Williams signed (three-year contract).

9/6 Brandon Archer practice squad addition.
    Seppo Evwaraye practice squad deletion.

9/4 Martin Nance practice squad addition.
    Seppo Evwaraye practice squad addition.
    Arkee Whitlock practice squad addition.
    Tyler Everett practice squad addition.
    Conrad Bolston practice squad addition.
    Chad Johnson practice squad addition.
    Brian Daniels practice squad addition.
    Joel Filani practice squad addition.

9/3 Garrett Mills acquired from waivers.

I will refer you to my previous post. The only change between the roster I posted and the roster on opening day is Mills getting signed and Daniels but cut to make room, as I already clearly stated.

You forgot about Darrion Scott.

Frampton was added on 10\22 after Scott was put on the IR. That mean we went just short of 6 weeks with only 4 S. As you eluded to earlier we had a hobbled Doss and Williams, which led to the need of Frampton.

I stand firm on my previous post, as you have given nothing to debunk it.

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

I like this kid thanks for the vids guys that was great to finally see this kids actions you people work hard for us. Great Job.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011