Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Jay Cutler to Vikings ?? It can be done!!!

"revprodeji" wrote:
    I posted this on another thread but here ya go...

We wouldnt need the 2nd I think. I have been looking at the draft board and if you think of it this way we have the 17th pick. Before us the teams that needed a QB were

2. New Orleans
    3. Tenn
    6. Oakland
    9. Detroit
    10. Arizona
    13. Ravens
    16. Fins

We have 3 quality qb right now, and 6 teams ahead of us with the desire to grab a QB. Now NO has brees so no need. Then we have 5. Detroit signed kitna and has bigger needs, so we are down to 4. Fins got pep, so no QB need. Tenn will almost surely grab Young. That leaves oakland/Arizona/ravens and 2 qb left. I am sure one of them will make a move for Brooks as a starter.

Arizona has bigger needs at the OL, and FS and even the DL.

the ravens seem to be satisfied for now with Bollier and have issues at the OT spot and are interested in justice with that pick.

Oakland has issues at the OLb spot and the ss, and the OG and the Dt (*pretty much the whole team) but the temptation for leinart could be great. I think they go for brooks and try to get hawk. But if Hawk goes somewhere else they go for leinart.

which could leave us in the position to get cutler at the 17th pick.

Just hypothetical, but its weird how this could work out. Than grab D'qwell Jackson and the best safety available with the 2 2nd rd guys. No need to trade up

Well the Saints have Brees (out)
    Detroit is Talking with Kitna (out)
    Airizona Signed Warner Again (out)
    Peppy is a Phin (out)

that leaves Tennesee Oakland and the Ravens... i think there is a pretty decent shot that we could get cutler...

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"Shaper_Image_42" wrote:

Well the Saints have Brees (out)
    Detroit is Talking with Kitna (out)
    Airizona Signed Warner Again (out)
    Peppy is a Phin (out)

that leaves Tennesee Oakland and the Ravens... i think there is a pretty decent shot that we could get cutler...

The Jets need to be added to that list also, since they want to trade up to #2, to pick Leinart. If we want Cutler, we are most likely gonna have to move up, but who knows, that is said every year about players that end up falling farther then expected.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"renovikesfan" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    omar jacobs in round 2

I'm not understanding the love affair with Omar Jacobs. I posted this a few days ago, and it paints a far different picture than a QB to pin our hopes for the future on. It's an analysis of Jacobs from PFW's Draft Guide.
    ===============================================

Pro Football Weekly projects him to be picked up anywhere between the 5th and 7th rounds. Here's what they say:

Upside
    Is functional for what he is asked to do in the Offensive system he runs. Maintains poise and generally makes good decisions. Good TD-INT ratio. Can zip it and anticipate where receivers will be.

Downside
    Very thinly built and frail-looking. Has a sidearm, 3/4-push delivery. Played in a shotgun offense that padded his statistics with a lot of high-percentage throws. Was not asked to go through progression reads or did not often look beyond his primary receiver. Will have to get comfortable taking snaps under center. Not very athletic to avoid the rush. Missed two-plus games with separated left (non-throwing) shoulder. Could struggle adjusting to the closing speed of NFL defensive backs. Thinks he is better than he is.

The Way We See It
    Bigger than 2004 sixth-round pick Josh Harris, but not much more refined and will be challenged to beat system label and grow in an NFL offense. Postseason workouts could boost status.

==============================================

Is this the same guy everyone seems to think will be a "steal" if he slips past the 2nd round???
    Well, everyone else has him going in the 2nd or 3rd round.....he's not scinny or frail, he's 6-4, 225 lbs....doesn't sound skinny to me....

He's projected as a 1st day pick here:
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/omarjacobs.html

This one says that Jacobs will be a better NFL QB than Leinert:
    http://football.about.com/od/nationalfootballleague/p/omarjacobs.htm

Also, profootballcritics has this to say about Jacobs:

Jacobs could be a nice little steal since he'll probably be selected in the second round of the draft. Before this past season started, Jacobs was actually considered by many as the second best quarterback in the draft, only behind Matt Leinart

So thats why I like him, I think he's just what we need....an unfinished product who will take over in a year or two when Brad Johnson decides to bow out....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I'll say it again, and I hope everyone can remember this in 2 to 3 years from now..

Charlie Whitehurst from Clemson will make a name for himself in the NFL...

Espiecaly if he can get on a team running the WCO....

I'de like to see us grab him in the 3rd, because I think he is being wrongly overlooked and should be there still.......He will be a steal there..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

The best strategy is to keep Johnson but meanwhile draft a legit QB and groom him this year.

If you dont know what Quarterback is you are so dumb you probably thought I was talking about a Tax Refund ! j/k
    Vikings mission to conquer other Land, Steeler Country, Raider Nation &...

Omar Jacobs release is horendous if you ask me. He sidearms the ball, as well as pushes it. He somehow managed to be very accurate in college with that throwing motion though, but I just think it will have to be fixed in the pros.

I don't see him being worthy of anything higher then a 3rd rounder if you ask me.

I just think Croyle is the closest thing we can get in round 2, to an NFL ready QB. I think he could step in for Brad, if he got hurt, towards the middle to the end of the season, and do fine.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    I'll say it again, and I hope everyone can remember this in 2 to 3 years from now..

I'de like to see us grab him in the 3rd, because I think he is being wrongly overlooked and should be there still.......He will be a steal there..
    Ned. Hear me out. Charlie whitehurst if anything is ove . He is a HORRIBLE quarterback. You guys have to trust me on this because I know I will not be eating crow. I have seen him play in the ACC since he was a freshman and each year he would be picked as ACC player of the year. He never lived up to it constantly throwing INT's and having terrible passer ratings throughout the season. This is the LAST person I want on my team. I would much rather have Croyle...

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

Ned. Hear me out. Charlie whitehurst if anything is ove . He is a HORRIBLE quarterback. You guys have to trust me on this because I know I will not be eating crow. I have seen him play in the ACC since he was a freshman and each year he would be picked as ACC player of the year. He never lived up to it constantly throwing INT's and having terrible passer ratings throughout the season. This is the LAST person I want on my team. I would much rather have Croyle...

Horrible is going overboard. One thing Whitehurst did over his carrer, was constantly get better. I think he still has a way to go, as far as being a pro QB, but if he gets into the right system and learns under a good vet for 2 or 3 years, he could definitely start in the NFL someday.

However i think we are looking for a more polished QB that will be ready to play in 1 year. That is one HUGE reason why I think Brodie Croyle has to be one of our main targets at QB in the draft. I think he could definitely be ready to go, with just 1 year of brad's(both of them I guess) schooling. This is why I would stay away from Jacobs too. This and the fact that his mechanics are more then likely gonna have to be changed.

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

i hope we dont trade our first and both seconds to get a QB. Granted it would (potentially) solve our problems for the QB position in the future. However, we can get way more value (at least one immediate starter) out of all of those picks

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Have the Vikings EVER had a lefty QB???
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567