Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    wyorob is offline Starter

Re: Jay Cutler to Vikings ?? It can be done!!!

"revprodeji" wrote:
    I think Boller will be the Qb for the ravens, pending a vet signing. I dont see the ravens taking another young qb. Plus they are high on winston, whom fills a need.

I say we hold out on draft day and see if cutler falls to us. if he does than we grab him and get the safety and Jackson in the second (bing will fall to the second and besides huff he is the best) if cutler gets taken we trade a 2nd to atlanta for schaub on draft day and we take the BPA. Hopefully still a safety and jackson.
    I still think the Ravens want something a bit more stable and will try to get someone maybe a vet?
    I like they way you are going with it though.

also, just if miracles happen and Huff falls to our pick (wont happen) than I would also trade our 2nd to atlanta and grab jackson with our other 2nd rd pick.

Thanks PurplePeopleEaters for the sig AWSOME!!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"wyorob" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "wyorob" wrote:
    Make the trade, lets pull in a franchise guy now and make all of our changes here and now. We locked up good players and we should give until it hurts for that 2nd pick of the draft..GROWING PAINS.......
    I am not on the Matt Leinart band wagon but I am interested in Jay Cutler
    He has enough mobility to escape the rush and gain yardage if needed and can throw on the run. He was on a team that relied on his big play making ability.
    make what trade? we dont have anything that we can trade to get that high up in the draft..it cant be done
    Darft Picks, We have what it takes..Think outside the box

NFL Draft Value Chart

It is now common practice for NFL teams to follow a “draft value chart,” which assigns numeric values to every draft pick from No. 1 to the final pick in the seventh round, No. 262. The idea of the chart is to create a standard for assessing fair value for trades. Each team creates their own draft value chart based upon their assessment of the draft and strength of the players at each position.

The chart only works with trades involving draft picks traded for picks. When players are involved, it changes everything.

The chart is just a guide. If a team likes a certain player they might be willing to give up more value points worth of picks in order to get their man. Likewise, a team not happy with its position might be willing to accept less in return than the chart might suggest to move down a few spots. Below is an example of a draft value chart. This is not a a chart which is used by any particular NFL team and is only an example of the what might be used by teams in assessing a trade.

NFL Draft Value Chart

The #1 pick is: 3,000 pts
    #2 2,600
    #3 2,200
    #4 1,800
    #5 1,700

http://www.theredzone.org/2005/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

To make sure we get Cutler for sure, we need to trade up to one of these slots.

So, We have the Rd1#17 overall, Rd2#42 overall and Miami's Rd2#45 overall.

#17 = 950 pts
    #42 = 480 pts
    #45 = 450 pts

Which equals 1,880 pts and would only get us into the #4 overall pick. It's just not worth giving up the majority of our draft this year for him. So, basically it's a dead issue to gamble on a QB and leverage a large part of your future on a single player.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

they are going to take players, offensive linemen maybe..im sure they dont want a ton of late picks..we would have to give up our 1st, 2 2nds (including the one from miami), and a 3rd in order to get the #2 pick..id much rather us draft Omar Jacobs in the second round..that would give us the chance to draft Sims, and other players that would fill a need on this team..you trade all those picks away, and you are left with the team we have now plus Leinhart, who people really arent projected to be all that great anyways
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

revprodeji is offline Starter

Wyorob...

thanks for the quote..any reason?
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

wyorob is offline Starter

The # 4 pick would give us Cutler and I dont think it could be classified as the same as a Hershal Walker trade. Just food for thought. I have a bad feeling about brad Johnson playing the whole year and not being able to do it. No, I cant put all my chips in him with the back up we got now..It does not good a plan.

Thanks PurplePeopleEaters for the sig AWSOME!!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"wyorob" wrote:
    The # 4 pick would give us Cutler and I dont think it could be classified as the same as a Hershal Walker trade. Just food for thought. I have a bad feeling about brad Johnson playing the whole year and not being able to do it. No, I cant put all my chips in him with the back up we got now..It does not good a plan.

I have seen Brad play behind the WORST offensive line in football when he was with the Buc's since I live in Tampa. He got HAMMERED game after game after game and always came back for more. Now, with our offensive line (healthy Birk back, Hutch coming in, Wittle in the mix, Marcus Johnson has experience), I have total faith in Brad not only making it through this year as our starter, the one after that also. He fits perfect in the WCO and basically was doing it last year with all his check downs and also has played in a hybrid WCO in Tampa and Washington. There is no reason not to have full confidence he won't excel in Childress's system also next year.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"revprodeji" wrote:
    I posted this on another thread but here ya go...

We wouldnt need the 2nd I think. I have been looking at the draft board and if you think of it this way we have the 17th pick. Before us the teams that needed a QB were

2. New Orleans
    3. Tenn
    6. Oakland
    9. Detroit
    10. Arizona
    13. Ravens
    16. Fins

We have 3 quality qb right now, and 6 teams ahead of us with the desire to grab a QB. Now NO has brees so no need. Then we have 5. Detroit signed kitna and has bigger needs, so we are down to 4. Fins got pep, so no QB need. Tenn will almost surely grab Young. That leaves oakland/Arizona/ravens and 2 qb left. I am sure one of them will make a move for Brooks as a starter.

Arizona has bigger needs at the OL, and FS and even the DL.

the ravens seem to be satisfied for now with Bollier and have issues at the OT spot and are interested in justice with that pick.

Oakland has issues at the OLb spot and the ss, and the OG and the Dt (*pretty much the whole team) but the temptation for leinart could be great. I think they go for brooks and try to get hawk. But if Hawk goes somewhere else they go for leinart.

which could leave us in the position to get cutler at the 17th pick.

Just hypothetical, but its weird how this could work out. Than grab D'qwell Jackson and the best safety available with the 2 2nd rd guys. No need to trade up
    New Orleans just got Brees, so they won't need a QB.

The Fins just got C-Pep. Same thing.

The Cards resigned Kurt Warner.

The Ravens are happy with Boller (at least for this year).

Matt Millen has said that the Lions won't go after another quarterback.

That leaves the Titans and the Raiders ahead of us. Is it possible that Cutler or Young could fall to 17? I highly doubt it, but it appears to be a possibility.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

dallas could take a QB also..arizona im thinking will take a qb because they lost mccown and dont have a primary backup to warner, who has been injured every year since 2001
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

revprodeji is offline Starter

Titans will grab young based on his relationship with Mcnair. Raiders would love the local kid in leinart..

cutler would be great for us, give him some time behind Brad.

Im glad you like my logic
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

I think we will have a really really high pick in the 2007 draft maybe we can hold for a QB until then
    You republican whore!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast