Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Javon Walker?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Javon Walker?

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    no
    Quit using cliche's like this and quit trying to save your keyboard.
    It is obviously gonna be slow on here today and I need someone to dispute facts with.
    ;D
    no
    yes
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    no
    Quit using cliche's like this and quit trying to save your keyboard.
    It is obviously gonna be slow on here today and I need someone to dispute facts with.
    ;D
    no
    yes
    [size=40pt][glow=red,2,300]NO[/glow][/size]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"aaeyers" wrote:
    If the Broncos cut him, why not? It never hurts a team to bring in some new talent. And if he doesn't work out, cut him and we go our separate ways. I bet that this year he signs a one year deal (ala Randy Moss) since nobody is going to give him any kind of huge contract. Then (just like Randy did) he can use the year to show that he is still one of the top receivers in the year, and sign his big contract next year once he drives his value (and price) up again.

If we can get him for free, and sign him to a low risk contract, why wouldn't we bring him in?
    Usually guys like him don't sign free, low risk contracts. There will have to some gauranteed money going into the year.

Additionally I am not a fan of the "One Year" contract.
    It doesn't fall in line with a long term plan that seems to be what the staff is following in thier efforts to put quality players on the team

In short, no quick fixes/bandaids.

Bring him in, let him compete, but don't spend much on him I say.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I wish.. But just like all the others we are speculating we might take a stab at..

We probably won't get

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

He seems to be mouthy at times.
    Kind of selfish if you take it for what it appears.....
    The guy is good on the field.

He wanted out of GB because he was putting up elite numbers on the field and they were paying barely more than a practice squad player.
    He just wanted them to throw him some more money, they wouldn't restructure his contract to reflect his contributions to the team.
    We won't argue the pros and cons to GB restructuring it for him.

In Denver, he still is haunted by Darnell Williams laying in his arms, shot dead, one year ago.
    Denver hasn't been a nice place for him.
    Injuries and that NYE incident have been a definite downer.

With that said, we know what a talented WR can do on the field and we need help, BAD!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Wow!
    Surprising...preseason, I thought him and Cutler and Marshall would be a great combo with Denver's always good Rushing game!
    Now he wants out????
    Seems kind of sudden, kind of weird, like somebody might of said something to piss him off...?
    If he is tired of his young QBs learning curve, he certainly won't be looking to come to MN!!
    Hmm, good point on the DWilliams tragedy...wonder if he needs help dealing with that!?

No picks...no trade!
    If Denver cuts him, sure I'd take a chance on a reasonable guarantee with high incentive bonus(es?) based on playing time, TDs, and going over 1000 yards receiving (or total from scrimmage).

With his history of injuries and complaining...he might find it harder than he thinks to get a big deal!!
    Which, may make him consider taking a chance on a smaller/incentive type contract.
    And, he might like two shots a year at GB too

But, given the injury risk, NO picks!
    And, not a huge guarantee, so it would likely have to be a short term contract.

I will agree that when healthy, he could provide the threat we've been looking for since Moss left...and, IF healthy, probably becomes the top WR available in FA (more ifs?!)

I still like Bryant Johnson as a vet FA pickup too!!
    But, teams still have 2+? months to decide what to do with their FAs...???
    When does Free Agency officially kick off this year?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

V4L

He is Randy Moss's attitude with half his talent

People around here say "Oh Randy is a cancer" and "Randy is just a distraction"

So if you want the same thing, but far less talent.. Then be my guest

I wouldn't be apposed to it.. I just wouldn't break the bank on him

Target someone else like Fitz or Allen first

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

"V4L" wrote:
    Allen would take atleast 2 first round picks to get away from KC, and Fitzgerald would probably take closer to 3. I simply can not understand why people keep hanging on to the idea of somehow getting Fitzgerald. It simply is not going to happen. Why would the Cardinals trade away their best player, who has no history of injuries or of being a problem for the team, when he is still very young and in the prime of his career? It is just baffling to me. If we are going to talk about getting Larry Fitzgerald, we might as well talk about getting ahold of Tom Brady and Marques Colston while we are at it.

V4L

"aaeyers" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Allen would take atleast 2 first round picks to get away from KC, and Fitzgerald would probably take closer to 3. I simply can not understand why people keep hanging on to the idea of somehow getting Fitzgerald. It simply is not going to happen. Why would the Cardinals trade away their best player, who has no history of injuries or of being a problem for the team, when he is still very young and in the prime of his career? It is just baffling to me. If we are going to talk about getting Larry Fitzgerald, we might as well talk about getting ahold of Tom Brady and Marques Colston while we are at it.

Jared Allen is a free agent is he not?

And I just threw out a name in Fitzgerald cuz it would make more sense then Javon Walker

I doubt it would take 3 first round picks.. Expecially when they have been stating they would be willing to trade him and dump his salary

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Wow!
    Surprising...preseason, I thought him and Cutler and Marshall would be a great combo with Denver's always good Rushing game!
    Now he wants out????
    Seems kind of sudden, kind of weird, like somebody might of said something to piss him off...?
    If he is tired of his young QBs learning curve, he certainly won't be looking to come to MN!!
    Hmm, good point on the DWilliams tragedy...wonder if he needs help dealing with that!?

No picks...no trade!
    If Denver cuts him, sure I'd take a chance on a reasonable guarantee with high incentive bonus(es?) based on playing time, TDs, and going over 1000 yards receiving (or total from scrimmage).

With his history of injuries and complaining...he might find it harder than he thinks to get a big deal!!
    Which, may make him consider taking a chance on a smaller/incentive type contract.
    And, he might like two shots a year at GB too

But, given the injury risk, NO picks!
    And, not a huge guarantee, so it would likely have to be a short term contract.

I will agree that when healthy, he could provide the threat we've been looking for since Moss left...and, IF healthy, probably becomes the top WR available in FA (more ifs?!)

I still like Bryant Johnson as a vet FA pickup too!!
    But, teams still have 2+? months to decide what to do with their FAs...???
    When does Free Agency officially kick off this year?
    Real Sports on HBO did a piece on it earlier this year.
    Sad!
    He said he was over it, I think he stopped the counseling and said he was keeping the memory real...... something like that.
    But it did seem to be an issue.

I would still be afraid those gang bangers that did Williams in were around the corner.
    How could you not be?

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast