Re: Walker On Vikings Radar?

"olson_10" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    [quote author=pack93z link=topic=41189.msg703802#msg703802 date=1199745864]
    [quote author=V link=topic=41296.msg703800#msg703800 date=1199745625]
    Trusting a 30 catch receiver to come in and be our #1 is exactly what we did last year.
    So would be trusting a WR with a bad knee to come in an stay healthy for an entire year and a significant salary, buyer beware on Walker.
    exactly..wouldnt it be wonderful to pay walker a top 12 WR salary just to see him rehab himself all year long..when he came back from his injury this season he looked atrocious..who says that he can recover at all from this last injury? he could pass a physical, and look good in workouts, then step on the field and hobble all over the place

point is, hes gonna pass a physical, since he obviously did in order to play out the rest of the season this year..problem is, he played awful..do we want a guy thats just barely healthy enough to be on the field? or can he somehow prove, before we trade for him, that he can be a good receiver again?

but like ive said before, he hasnt shown that he can do anything to help out a young qb, and he doesnt look good when he doesnt play on a team thats deep with receiver talent
    What is the risk? Worst case scenario we bring him in and he doesn't play, that does not eat up any future cap space, only this years and we will have plenty in 08. Best case scenario he stays healthy and plays like the Pro-bowl wide reciever he has been in 2 of the last 4 seasons, which results in the vikings having one of the best offenses in the nfl and likely go deep in the playoffs.
    To me the rewards out weigh the risks by a lot.
    The patriots could not guarantee that Moss would be healthy, but he was and now they are favorites to win the super bowl. The cowboys took a chance on an aging, injury prone reciever in TO when no one thought they should and it has paid off for them.
    Please do not confuse Walker with Moss. There is no comparison to be made.
    Moss was at a very low point before the 07 season. In 06 moss played in 13 games and had 553yards and 3 tds. It was widely believed that he was too old and had slowed down. He had wined his way off of two teams and was traded in the middle of a contract.
    Walker is at a low point after the 2007 season. In 07 walker played in 8 games and had 287yards and 0tds. Some believe that he is too old and has slowed down. He has(or will) have wined his way off of two teams and will be traded in the middle of a contract.

I am not saying that Walker is capable of puting up the numbers of Moss's 2007 season but that he is capable of rebounding much the same as moss did.

If you compare Moss and Walker in 06 there is no comparison.

moss walker
    catches

yards

tds

If you compare them for 04

moss
    walker
    catches

yards

tds

As you can see in 2 of the last 4 years Walker has clearly out performed randy moss.

Very comparable in a lot of areas.
    [/quote]
    you lose all credibility in your argument when you blatantly make something up that came right out of your jiggly butt like that..moss never wanted to leave..you just keep assuming thats the case because he had an abrasive attitude..everytime moss has been asked about minnesota, he constantly expresses his positive feelings for the organization, and city..he wanted to retire a viking..hell he was just on stephon marbury's stars with stars show not more than a month ago re-stating how badly he wanted to remain a viking for life..please, if you are going to present stats and other non logic blabber, then go ahead, but dont blatantly lie about things
    [/quote]

Make it happen Randy!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Javon Walker?

put it this way..randy moss makes qb's better, and is a big time game breaker whether or not theres anybody else with talent on his team..javon walker has only had good seasons with possibly the best qb of all time, and a deep roster of other receivers with a running game..walker was great with green bay with farve/driver/green in their high flying offense, but look at this past season..even when healthy this year, he was a complete dud..couldnt help out his young qb at all, and with rod smith gone, and a deteriorating running game, he did absolutely nothing

moss also hasnt sustained a potentially career ending injury like walker has..walker has gone through 2 very serious leg injuries now, and chances are he wont return to his 1200+ yard form judging by how he came back at the end of this season..like i said before, he can pass a physical, because he obviously passed one which allowed him to play the last few games of the season, but he was absolutely terrible and slow with little to no lateral movement..unless theres a way (which there isnt, since it would probably need to be a trade) to see that he can run just as fast and cut just as well as he did in his packer days, then its an absolute no

still, please stop comparing one of the greatest receivers in the history of the sport in randy moss to javon walker who has had just 2 great seasons..randy moss can be compared to jerry rice, now if you really want to put javon walker in that conversation, then you are totally nuts
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"V4L" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    [quote author=olson_10 link=topic=41189.msg704139#msg704139 date=1199817691]
    Trusting a 30 catch receiver to come in and be our #1 is exactly what we did last year.
    So would be trusting a WR with a bad knee to come in an stay healthy for an entire year and a significant salary, buyer beware on Walker.
    exactly..wouldnt it be wonderful to pay walker a top 12 WR salary just to see him rehab himself all year long..when he came back from his injury this season he looked atrocious..who says that he can recover at all from this last injury? he could pass a physical, and look good in workouts, then step on the field and hobble all over the place

point is, hes gonna pass a physical, since he obviously did in order to play out the rest of the season this year..problem is, he played awful..do we want a guy thats just barely healthy enough to be on the field? or can he somehow prove, before we trade for him, that he can be a good receiver again?

but like ive said before, he hasnt shown that he can do anything to help out a young qb, and he doesnt look good when he doesnt play on a team thats deep with receiver talent
    What is the risk? Worst case scenario we bring him in and he doesn't play, that does not eat up any future cap space, only this years and we will have plenty in 08. Best case scenario he stays healthy and plays like the Pro-bowl wide reciever he has been in 2 of the last 4 seasons, which results in the vikings having one of the best offenses in the nfl and likely go deep in the playoffs.
    The patriots could not guarantee that Moss would be healthy, but he was and now they are favorites to win the super bowl. The cowboys took a chance on an aging, injury prone reciever in TO when no one thought they should and it has paid off for them.
    Moss was at a very low point before the 07 season. In 06 moss played in 13 games and had 553yards and 3 tds. It was widely believed that he was too old and had slowed down. He had wined his way off of two teams and was traded in the middle of a contract.
    Walker is at a low point after the 2007 season. In 07 walker played in 8 games and had 287yards and 0tds. Some believe that he is too old and has slowed down. He has(or will) have wined his way off of two teams and will be traded in the middle of a contract.

I am not saying that Walker is capable of puting up the numbers of Moss's 2007 season but that he is capable of rebounding much the same as moss did.

moss walker
    catches

yards

tds

moss
    walker
    catches

yards

tds

As you can see in 2 of the last 4 years Walker has clearly out performed randy moss.

[/quote]
    you lose all credibility in your argument when you blatantly make something up that came right out of your jiggly butt like that..moss never wanted to leave..you just keep assuming thats the case because he had an abrasive attitude..everytime moss has been asked about minnesota, he constantly expresses his positive feelings for the organization, and city..he wanted to retire a viking..hell he was just on stephon marbury's stars with stars show not more than a month ago re-stating how badly he wanted to remain a viking for life..please, if you are going to present stats and other non logic blabber, then go ahead, but dont blatantly lie about things
    [/quote]

Make it happen Randy!
    [/quote]
    didnt say anything about coming back, but he made it very clear that he had no intention in leaving in the first place..it was all on red mccombs for making that deal happen..randy told them he wanted to stay, wilf told red he wanted randy on the team, but red made a deal just to screw over the franchise

the hilarious thing still to me is that people get upset that daunte isnt here anymore, but at the same time crucify randy..moss was the one that wanted to be here while it was daunte who bitched his way out..add to that the rumors that daunte was the one lobbying to get moss traded, and youve got a situation where daunte was the bad guy, and moss was the good one
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    [quote author=jmcdon00 link=topic=41189.msg704141#msg704141 date=1199818470]
    [quote author=olson_10 link=topic=41189.msg704139#msg704139 date=1199817691]

moss walker
    catches

yards

tds

moss
    walker
    catches

yards

tds

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Make it happen Randy!
    [/quote]
    didnt say anything about coming back, but he made it very clear that he had no intention in leaving in the first place..it was all on red mccombs for making that deal happen..randy told them he wanted to stay, wilf told red he wanted randy on the team, but red made a deal just to screw over the franchise

the hilarious thing still to me is that people get upset that daunte isnt here anymore, but at the same time crucify randy..moss was the one that wanted to be here while it was daunte who bitched his way out..add to that the rumors that daunte was the one lobbying to get moss traded, and youve got a situation where daunte was the bad guy, and moss was the good one
    [/quote]

Oh, I know man

I doubt he would leave the Patriots

Maybe if the money was right and they win the bowl he would like to come back and finish his career here

LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGG shot... But I can dream

maybe if they win the superbowl, he would at least be open to it..like you say, its a long shot, and like other people on this site say, itl probably never happen..its still possible, especially after what i saw him say on marbury's show..the dude still loves minnesota, and he never got to play here while wilf has owned the team..it looks like he certainly would be at least open to becoming a free agent and coming back here if they won the superbowl, and if he got paid enough

V4L

"olson_10" wrote:
    maybe if they win the superbowl, he would at least be open to it..like you say, its a long shot, and like other people on this site say, itl probably never happen..its still possible, especially after what i saw him say on marbury's show..the dude still loves minnesota, and he never got to play here while wilf has owned the team..it looks like he certainly would be at least open to becoming a free agent and coming back here if they won the superbowl, and if he got paid enough

No doubt man.. Maybe Adrian will talk to him

I would love to see Adrian and Moss on the same field.. holy smokes

I just wish it was like Madden and you can get anyone you want

"V4L" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:

maybe adrian is a factor that would attract moss here..who knows..we will see if the pats win the superbowl

V4L

"olson_10" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:

maybe adrian is a factor that would attract moss here..who knows..we will see if the pats win the superbowl

No doubt.. I think that's all Moss wants right now is a ring

So if he gets it I bet he would be happy to come back to the state he loves with a young team and some superstars.. Like Adrian

It would be weird to see him back in the dome I know that much

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:

No doubt.. I think that's all Moss wants right now is a ring

So if he gets it I bet he would be happy to come back to the state he loves with a young team and some superstars.. Like Adrian

It would be weird to see him back in the dome I know that much
    Highly, highly, highly, highly unlikely.
    Not impossible though.
    I think Moss knows that he needs a great QB to help him succeed, and while I have high hopes for TJack, he simply is NOT a great QB yet.

But in the end the almighty dollar will have a lot to say, and if Moss does win a super bowl, he might be placated enough to move...
    who knows.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"olson_10" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:

moss walker
    catches

yards

tds

moss
    walker
    catches

yards

tds

[/quote]
    you lose all credibility in your argument when you blatantly make something up that came right out of your ass like that..moss never wanted to leave..you just keep assuming thats the case because he had an abrasive attitude..everytime moss has been asked about minnesota, he constantly expresses his positive feelings for the organization, and city..he wanted to retire a viking..hell he was just on stephon marbury's stars with stars show not more than a month ago re-stating how badly he wanted to remain a viking for life..please, if you are going to present stats and other non logic blabber, then go ahead, but dont blatantly lie about things
    [/quote]
    I definetly would not call it a blatant lie. I reposted that saying he wined his way out was not fair, but that it was his attitude that lead to him leaving the team, remember "I play when I wanna play." Not to mention his getting caught with Marijuana, Ignoring a Minneapolis traffic officer to the point of hitting her with his car, spray an official with a water bottle, walking off the field before the game is over. I like Randy Moss always have, I am happy for his success and hope it continues.
    I didn't attack you or anyone else on here so I would appreciate you not attacking my character that way. If you disagree with my statements, that is fine, but don't be an ass.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast