nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

James Hall...maybe???

http://min.scout.com/2/738269.html

from Scout.com

James Hall might be signed...good Veteran

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Re: James Hall...maybe???

wouldnt mind if we sign this guy
    a good/avg DE, we can sorta open up our 1st round pick option if we do get him, but will probably still go DE in the 1st

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

6'2" 280 lbs.
    A bit short but a decent size to play LDE.

Bet they didn't get a deal done cause he wanted something long term and they probably only offered a 1 year deal.

Might be a sign that they will draft Merling.
    A guy like this can give you reps behind (or in front of) Mitchell and still allow you to take one of the best ends in the draft even though he might not be 100% because of the hernia injury.

Also might be an indicator that Keneche could be back in a year or so.
    (I keep praying for him).

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Marrdro you crack me up with such indepth analysis LOL

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    6'2" 280 lbs.

Bet they didn't get a deal done cause he wanted something long term and they probably only offered a 1 year deal.

A guy like this can give you reps behind (or in front of) Mitchell and still allow you to take one of the best ends in the draft even though he might not be 100% because of the hernia injury.

Mitchell was a situational pass rusher last year wasn't he? If we can get an extra DT late in the draft, I think Wyn would be an upgrade at end for sure.

...This is all void if we can draft an end who can start at #17. Which seems reasonable with this draft.

"Nephilim" wrote:
    Marrdro you crack me up with such indepth analysis LOL
    I can still hear the Coach yelling at our DL..........

"If your gonna run that slow and can't get to the QB, get your hands up in the air and jump you fat assess.
    You might be able to at least knock the ball down cause you sure can't sack anyone running that slow."

He was a loveable guy that one.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    6'2" 280 lbs.

Here you go again... if GM's thought like you we wouldn't have guys like Antoine Winfield on the team.. or a Warrick Dunn wouldn't playing in the NFL... Zach Thomas wouldn't be playing linebacker... a guy like Allen Iverson or mugsy bogues, spud webb wouldn't have ever played in the NBA... etc. etc....

when it comes down to it.. do you really think 2 inches is gonna make a difference???
    your trying to fit everyone into this square peg.. and are not looking at ability.... If he can play that position and hold his own you put him there... I just don't get why your so hellbent on why the guy has to be a certain height and weight in order to play a position... as if he's any taller it's gonna help him shed blocks better...or weighs more he can push ppl around better.... let me ask you something..

what' the likelihood that your prototypical guy who weighs 280 and is 6'7 and can only bench 200lbs versus a guy who is 6'4 and 269lbs and can bench 375lbs gets pushed around more than the other... just because he's a certain size does not mean he's better suited to play one place or another..

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

So he visited Friday and it is now Wednesday and he hasn't signed yet? That may not be a good sign

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    6'2" 280 lbs.

Here you go again... if GM's thought like you we wouldn't have guys like Antoine Winfield on the team.. or a Warrick Dunn wouldn't playing in the NFL... Zach Thomas wouldn't be playing linebacker... a guy like Allen Iverson or mugsy bogues, spud webb wouldn't have ever played in the NBA... etc. etc....

when it comes down to it.. do you really think 2 inches is gonna make a difference???
    your trying to fit everyone into this square peg.. and are not looking at ability.... If he can play that position and hold his own you put him there... I just don't get why your so hellbent on why the guy has to be a certain height and weight in order to play a position... as if he's any taller it's gonna help him shed blocks better...or weighs more he can push ppl around better.... let me ask you something..

what' the likelihood that your prototypical guy who weighs 280 and is 6'7 and can only bench 200lbs versus a guy who is 6'4 and 269lbs and can bench 375lbs gets pushed around more than the other... just because he's a certain size does not mean he's better suited to play one place or another..

Yes I do and so do most football scouts and GM's.
    I am only using the base numbers used by those guys over time when they look at players but your right, it doesn't lock anyone into anything or force any GM from taking a guy that doesn't fit into that mold if he has the other intangibles.

The point isn't what he can do at any given situation but over time. There are very few guys (you listed most of them) that make it into the league and become stars and remain effective over time.

Take Sanders for instance.
    He was undrafted.
    Wonder why a stud like him went undrafted? Because he lacked talent?
    I don't think so.
    He went undrafted because no one wanted to waste a pick on a guy who was a tweener.
    Do you think that if he was a prototypical size and still had the same talent, he wouldn't have been drafted a bit higher as well as stood up to the pounding a bit better?
    I for one believe he would have been drafted a hell of alot higher and he wouldn't be hurt as much.

Trust me, over a full season your sort guy, with less weight will get pushed around and become ineffective or injured and that is why GM's don't draft tweeners very high unless they have a solid team and can take a chance on a guy like Sanders.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=5569

Poo Poo it all you want but it is a fact that there are benchmarks with respect to wieght, hieght, and speed that all players are measure against by GM's, Scouts and coaches.