Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    DEEP PURPLE's Avatar
    DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    205

    Jamal Lewis to be Franchised????

    Here is a little blurb from Rotowire that says it looks like the Raven's may franchise Lewis. In that case, if we miss out on Alexander and James do we pursue Chester Taylor???

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=rotowire-amalewisranchiseagin&prov=rotowire&type=lgns
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

  2. #2
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,053

    Re: Jamal Lewis to be Franchised????

    They have been saying this for a few days now. They are either going to franchise him and trade him to the Vikes, or franchise him and keep him for one more year..

    I personally don't think we should trade DC for Lewis unless we get more than that, but I don't see the Ravens giving up more than that for a injured QB.

  3. #3
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Jamal Lewis to be Franchised????

    Link is dead and I have not seen it anywhere else.

    Please post somethig a little more concrete nest time. :???:

  4. #4
    DEEP PURPLE's Avatar
    DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    205

    Re: Jamal Lewis to be Franchised????

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Link is dead and I have not seen it anywhere else.

    Please post somethig a little more concrete nest time. :???:
    There you go.

    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens21feb21,0,3957678.story?coll=bal-sports-football
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

  5. #5
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Jamal Lewis to be Franchised????

    Thank you.

  6. #6
    collegeguyjeff's Avatar
    collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: Jamal Lewis to be Franchised????

    what they want to do is franchise him if we want him so they can basically get culpepper for free, thats all it is cheap baltimore trying to screw us in a trade.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

  7. #7
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Jamal Lewis to be Franchised????

    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    what they want to do is franchise him if we want him so they can basically get culpepper for free, thats all it is cheap baltimore trying to screw us in a trade.
    That can only happen IF we let it happen...and last time I checked, Mike Lynn no longer works for the Vikings!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #8
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,053

    Re: Jamal Lewis to be Franchised????

    Ravens to let Jamal Lewis test free agencyBy Chris Mortensen
    ESPN


    The Baltimore Ravens have informed running back Jamal Lewis that he will not receive the franchise or transition tag from the team, meaning he will become a free agent.

    General manager Ozzie Newsome informed Lewis of the move Wednesday morning and told Lewis the team wanted to give him a chance to test the market and see what his value is. The team, in fact, worried that tagging Lewis would anger him.

    The move does not preclude the Ravens from re-signing Lewis.


    Backup running back Chester Taylor also will become a free agent on March 3.



    Looks like another trade rumor of Daunte Culpepper is dead. The only way I see him going to Baltimore is if we get Ray Lewis in exchange now. 1 more down, 20 to go..

  9. #9
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Jamal Lewis to be Franchised????

    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Ravens to let Jamal Lewis test free agencyBy Chris Mortensen
    ESPN


    The Baltimore Ravens have informed running back Jamal Lewis that he will not receive the franchise or transition tag from the team, meaning he will become a free agent.

    General manager Ozzie Newsome informed Lewis of the move Wednesday morning and told Lewis the team wanted to give him a chance to test the market and see what his value is. The team, in fact, worried that tagging Lewis would anger him.

    The move does not preclude the Ravens from re-signing Lewis.


    Backup running back Chester Taylor also will become a free agent on March 3.



    Looks like another trade rumor of Daunte Culpepper is dead. The only way I see him going to Baltimore is if we get Ray Lewis in exchange now. 1 more down, 20 to go..
    I just saw this on the bottom line on ESPNews. Great news!

    There is a ton of news right now. More than I care too post. Go see!

    here are some of the headlines on espn.com

    Colts keep WR Wayne with new deal worth nearly $40M
    • Ravens won't use tag on RB Lewis, might lose him
    • Brady has surgery, but Patriots not saying on what
    • Jets are Law-less: N.Y. parts ways with cornerback
    • Bills designate CB Clements as franchise player
    • Dolphins RB Williams appealing positive drug test
    • Vince Young won't work out for scouts at NFL combine
    • Broncos sign Lynch to two-year contract extension

  10. #10
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,505

    Re: Jamal Lewis to be Franchised????

    Not gonna happen

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5352818

    "No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I Love Jamal Lewis
    By SharperImage in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 11:19 AM
  2. No tag for Jamal. Lewis becomes FA.
    By ChezPizmo in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2006, 09:10 PM
  3. I saw Jamal Lewis in the airport!!!
    By vikesboy2003 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 07:33 PM
  4. Jamal Lewis.
    By Mr. O in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 10:43 AM
  5. Jamal Lewis
    By purpleFavreEaters in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 12:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •