Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Jackson is solution, not problem, for Vikings

"Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    I would to know how the reasoning is going in the Vikings War Room this week. Whichever way they decide to go, whether Quinn, Peterson or trade down - they better have a good explanation of why they went the way they did.
    The TC media will be all over them and any hint that we were reaching on picks in the early rounds and they get crucified. This draft could make or break Childress this year before a ball is even snapped in the regular season. A poor draft could leave his offensive plans struggling without, what he classes as, the correct personnel. In addition any chance of the sell-out streak at the Dome being broken will hurt Zygi in his PR campaign on the stadium issue as well.
    It's gonna be an interesting few days coming up for the Purple
    The sell-out streak ended last year. 
    It did?  Then why weren't any of the games blacked out on local TV?

=Z=
    maybe I am missing an inside joke or something.... I got this off of vikings.com

BUY ONLINE Vikings Season Tickets
    Act fast, 94 consecutive sell-outs and counting! Join the excitement today and save...

Thanks Lotza!

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"damien927" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    I would to know how the reasoning is going in the Vikings War Room this week. Whichever way they decide to go, whether Quinn, Peterson or trade down - they better have a good explanation of why they went the way they did.
    The TC media will be all over them and any hint that we were reaching on picks in the early rounds and they get crucified. This draft could make or break Childress this year before a ball is even snapped in the regular season. A poor draft could leave his offensive plans struggling without, what he classes as, the correct personnel. In addition any chance of the sell-out streak at the Dome being broken will hurt Zygi in his PR campaign on the stadium issue as well.
    The sell-out streak ended last year.
    It did?
    Then why weren't any of the games blacked out on local TV?

=Z=
    maybe I am missing an inside joke or something.... I got this off of vikings.com

BUY ONLINE Vikings Season Tickets
    Act fast, 94 consecutive sell-outs and counting! Join the excitement today and save...
    There were a few late-season games that didn't sell out, but companies that advertise with the Vikes bought them all up so their commercials would air. At least thats what I heard somewhere. If I'm wrong feel free to deep-fry my crow.
    -Sno

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Due to the divergence of opinions as to the proper selection in round 1, Childress/ Spielman, Studwell and Brzezinski will be subjected to harsh criticism by some of the Vikings fans.
    The only questions that remain today are the obvious 'who will be available at 7?', 'who will the Vikings pick at 7 from the players available?', and 'which subset of Viking fans will be displeased by their teams' selection at 7?'

In addition, a subset of fans who realize that CJohnson will almost certainly be taken before selection 5 will criticize the Vikings front office for not trading up to 4, or 2 or 1 to obtain him.
    Others will complain that the Vikings didn't trade up to 6 to take Gaines Adams, or 5 to take Joe Thomas or ....

In conclusion, if five players are equally coveted by 20% of Vikings fans each, e.g. Landry, Quinn, Johnson, Peterson, Adams, 80% of Viking fans will be very upset after the first round is 25% completed.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    There were a few late-season games that didn't sell out, but companies that advertise with the Vikes bought them all up so their commercials would air. At least thats what I heard somewhere. If I'm wrong feel free to deep-fry my crow.
    I call that a sell-out!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    I call that a sell-out!

=Z=
    That is common in stadiums throughout the league.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    I call that a sell-out!

=Z=
    That's what I was thinking......no matter who bought them, they were sold!

Side point...
    I do find it funny when at the last couple games last year the dome was MAYBE half full and they announce the sell-out and 63000 fans...

Thanks Lotza!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    I call that a sell-out!
    No, not a sell-out as in "Man, those guys are sell-outs ever since they signed with Capital Records" but a sell-out as in "Man, this stadium is half-full - but it's still a sell-out!"

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Is TJackson the problem or the solution to selling out home games?
    ???

After re-reading the subject article, I found that the author, Eric Krupka, didn't make a strong argument for Jackson other than mentioning his athletic / physical attributes; e.g. 232 lbs, 6-1, fast, strong arm, etc.
    That didn't provide me any level of comfort that Jackson is the solution.

Jackson MAY be the solution, but nothing I've seen to date, whether it be stats, scouting reports from last year, or praise from coaches, provides me with any confidence that he IS the solution to the Vikings 'QB problem'.
    Jackson's two performances as an NFL starter lead me to worry about the validity of physical attributes as valid predictors of future success.

OTOH, Krupka did concisely point out two key problems which need to be addressed in the first 3 rounds; e.g. the RT/RG problems, and WRs.

Krupka didn't mention Jackson's collegiate background or NFL stats, and seemed to dismiss the 3 inches of height he lacks in comparison to Quinn as irrelevant.
    I also saw no mention of the intangibles of mental abilities to absorb the WCO scheme and audible in an NFL setting.
    Seeing that Quinn is a very highly-rated QB in all scouting reports this year and Jackson was not so last year, the author, and any other Jackson supporters / Quinn critics need(s) to do much more than proclaim Jackson is the solution and mention PHYSICAL attributes to influence my thinking.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Plexing, are you talking to yourself or are there people that actually think Tarvaris is the solution?
    I guess I haven't seen anyone say that since it was implied last season when BJ was having a tough time.
    It is obvious that Tarvaris is green since he says it himself and Childress has said it and anyone that is semi-conscious has said it.
    It is no secret that he comes from a small school and was thrown to the wolves last year because of the BJ situation and Bollinger getting hurt.

The discussion is not about whether Tarvaris is the messiah.
    It is about whether they should start him and see what he's made of or get someone else to start and buy him some more time to develop.
    Since they didn't sign any vets to buy some time in the QB slot they must be gearing up for a QB battle in camp....a battle of the network stars of sorts.
    Tarvaris vs Bollinger vs somebody else and see what happens.

I still think he will not beat out Bollinger in camp, if he does, then great. The one thing I am certain of is that the guys that have watched the QBs all offseason and talk to them and watch their development are in a better position to figure this out.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet,

I responded to the author's claim that TJ is the solution, not the problem.
    He made a meager attemtp to explain how TJ is the solution, which I felt was weak and based only on physical attributes.
    He then made some valid, though brief, points about the weaknesses at WR, RG, RT.

IMO, there needs to be more competition (i.e. upgrades) than just Bollinger and TJ at QB, and obviously, the current roster of WRs.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast