singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Jackson is solution, not problem, for Vikings

[size=13pt]Jackson is solution, not problem, for Vikings[/size]

By Eric Krupka on March 21, 2007 12:33 AM
    realfootball365.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Jackson is solution, not problem, for Vikings

The offense needs to focus on upgrading the right side of the line and adding a No. 1-caliber receiver
    My thoughts exactly.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    The offense needs to focus on upgrading the right side of the line and adding a No. 1-caliber receiver
    My thoughts exactly.
    I agree with that. We have to give TJack the shot this year and focus on our other needs.

Besides those two mentioned, perhaps another CB and a pass rusher could come in handy.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I would to know how the reasoning is going in the Vikings War Room this week. Whichever way they decide to go, whether Quinn, Peterson or trade down - they better have a good explanation of why they went the way they did.
    The TC media will be all over them and any hint that we were reaching on picks in the early rounds and they get crucified. This draft could make or break Childress this year before a ball is even snapped in the regular season. A poor draft could leave his offensive plans struggling without, what he classes as, the correct personnel. In addition any chance of the sell-out streak at the Dome being broken will hurt Zygi in his PR campaign on the stadium issue as well.
    It's gonna be an interesting few days coming up for the Purple
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"AngloVike" wrote:
    I would to know how the reasoning is going in the Vikings War Room this week. Whichever way they decide to go, whether Quinn, Peterson or trade down - they better have a good explanation of why they went the way they did.
    The TC media will be all over them and any hint that we were reaching on picks in the early rounds and they get crucified. This draft could make or break Childress this year before a ball is even snapped in the regular season. A poor draft could leave his offensive plans struggling without, what he classes as, the correct personnel. In addition any chance of the sell-out streak at the Dome being broken will hurt Zygi in his PR campaign on the stadium issue as well.
    Problem is, no matter who Childress wants, Spielman gets to make the final decision & can override everyone else.

"AngloVike" wrote:
    The sell-out streak ended last year.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    Problem is, no matter who Childress wants, Spielman gets to make the final decision & can override everyone else.
    I anticipate the Vikes staff will make sound decisions in the draft just like they did last year.

If it falls the way I think it will we will get a weapon at RB in the 1rst round (AP) and either Gonzo or Rice with the 41rst.
    Both would be a pretty good start at surrounding TJ with the weapons he will need for the future.

If AP doesn't fall to us, then we should have the pick of some pretty good Defensive players (DE/S/CB) that will also add depth/plug holes in a defense that was halfway decent last year.

I for one am pretty excited over the prospects of what will be avail for us as we pick pretty high in every round.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    The sell-out streak ended last year.
    It did?
    Then why weren't any of the games blacked out on local TV?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Singer the sell out streak is still going.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think singer was joking, meaning that because of last year the sell out streak is going to be over.
    I checked with the Ticket office, and the streak is still alive as of right now.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast