Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Jackson, Frerotte, Booty: Vikings looking better under center

Yes our QB situation looks very nice, love the thing with Twill gone equalling 2 more wins. I imagine that Gf will back up TJack til about 4th game when
    I am thinking Booty will move up back up duties maybe longer but it shouldnt be long i think.

Booty will be good for Viking sales in jerseys in the future as who wouldnt like to have BOOTY on their back?....Heck my daughter said even then she would wear that jersey and she isnt a football fan. I like what we are looking at this year.....total EXCITEMENT
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Ranger is offline Coach

I'm pulling pretty hard for TJack right now.
    I've read in a few places that it typically takes three years for a quarterback to really "get it", and I always think of Drew Brees.
    They were ready to slit his throat and toss him into the slit trench after he struggled his first two years, but then he turned into a great quarterback.
    I'm hoping TJ can do the same thing.

I hope Booty has this whole year to ride the pine, learn the offense and learn from Gus while TJack is playing efficient, solid football.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Most important, Jackson should be better this year, maybe much better. There is no reason to question his work ethic, arm strength or athletic ability. There is reason to believe he'll make dramatic improvement after spending an offseason dissecting last year's mistakes.
    And yet we still see posters talk about how TJ needs a fire lit under his ass, or now there are other QB's that will push him.

As I've said before, I don't think this kid needs anybody to light a fire under his ass to make him work harder at his craft than he has since he was drafted.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Most important, Jackson should be better this year, maybe much better. There is no reason to question his work ethic, arm strength or athletic ability. There is reason to believe he'll make dramatic improvement after spending an offseason dissecting last year's mistakes.
    And yet we still see posters talk about how TJ needs a fire lit under his ass, or now there are other QB's that will push him.

As I've said before, I don't think this kid needs anybody to light a fire under his ass to make him work harder at his craft than he has since he was drafted.
    I thought the fire under the ass statement came from a news hack article.

Anyways, besides maybe a small handful of posters on here I don't see anyone questioning his work ethic or commitment, just whether he can run the offense and stay healthy.(Something that no QB on our team has been able to do for some time.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    And yet we still see posters talk about how TJ needs a fire lit under his jiggly butt, or now there are other QB's that will push him.

As I've said before, I don't think this kid needs anybody to light a fire under his jiggly butt to make him work harder at his craft than he has since he was drafted.
    I know!
    Just think of all the game tape he's watched!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"gagarr" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    The interesting thing I have seen is all the articles that are about praising the Vikes selecting Booty. Despite him being a fifth round pick he seems to gained for more interest out of any of our picks this year. Sounds like TJ is going to be pushed in Training Camp to get himself set for the season, definitely a make or break season for him.
    Reason why Booty is getting all the attention is T Johnson is a DB, and we've brought in Madieu (too many Williams to use the surname) and Boulware, plus the existing players didn't have as poor a year as TJ did.
    Same with Guion at DT.... Williams's were Pro Bowlers
    Sullivan will be behind Birk .... Pro Bowler
    JJ at WR...
    if we didn't have more than enough receivers on the roster... he will just be fighting for a spot.

Thus, Booty being a QB, coming out of USC, having won 2 Rose Bowls, etc.
    combined with TJ's struggles last year makes it a HOT TOPIC
    maybe a Hot Topic gagarr, but TJ will for sure be our starter, and I believe he's going to have a solid year for us...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    And yet we still see posters talk about how TJ needs a fire lit under his jiggly butt, or now there are other QB's that will push him.

As I've said before, I don't think this kid needs anybody to light a fire under his jiggly butt to make him work harder at his craft than he has since he was drafted.
    I know!
    I wish the NFL would get off its ass and start making game tape available on its website.
    Its getting there but would love to see actual coaches tape (Endzone/Top View) vice all the TV footage.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I know!
    I wish the NFL would get off its ass and start making game tape available on its website.
    Its getting there but would love to see actual coaches tape (Endzone/Top View) vice all the TV footage.
    And the tapes of the defensive signals? ;D

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"purplepowered" wrote:
    Yes our QB situation looks very nice, love the thing with Twill gone equalling 2 more wins. I imagine that Gf will back up TJack til about 4th game when
    I am thinking Booty will move up back up duties maybe longer but it shouldnt be long i think.

Booty will be good for Viking sales in jerseys in the future as who wouldnt like to have BOOTY on their back?....Heck my daughter said even then she would wear that jersey and she isnt a football fan. I like what we are looking at this year.....total EXCITEMENT
    The only way you will see Booty as backup QB this year directly behind T-Jack is if Frerotte gets injured.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Lol, we have one over the hill QB, and 2 unprovens. How is that looking better? The only one who might be around 3-4 years from now is Booty im afraid.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast