Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Jackson, Frerotte, Booty: Vikings looking better under center

    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/18321549.html

    While fans obsess over Tarvaris Jackson's stress-induced jump passes, Gus Frerotte's AARP status and the origins of draftee John David Booty's surname, I'm going to swim upstream against the flow of negative opinion and guess that the Vikings could be just fine at quarterback this year.


  2. #2
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Jackson, Frerotte, Booty: Vikings looking better under center

    Birk, Mozes, Sullivan...Vikes are looking better AT center as well.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  3. #3
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,588

    Re: Jackson, Frerotte, Booty: Vikings looking better under center

    Good article, nice to see some positive things about our QB's for once.

  4. #4
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Jackson, Frerotte, Booty: Vikings looking better under center

    "Garland" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/18321549.html

    While fans obsess over Tarvaris Jackson's stress-induced jump passes, Gus Frerotte's AARP status and the origins of draftee John David Booty's surname, I'm going to swim upstream against the flow of negative opinion and guess that the Vikings could be just fine at quarterback this year.

    LMFAO!

    The departure of Troy Williamson could be worth two victories all by itself.

  5. #5
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Jackson, Frerotte, Booty: Vikings looking better under center

    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Good article, nice to see some positive things about our QB's for once.
    You just want to see Booty in action!
    :P
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #6
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Jackson, Frerotte, Booty: Vikings looking better under center

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Good article, nice to see some positive things about our QB's for once.
    You just want to see Booty in action!
    :P
    Everybody loves and wants to see Booty!
    ;D

  7. #7
    crazyB is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    227

    Re: Jackson, Frerotte, Booty: Vikings looking better under center

    look's like Gus Frerotte has alot of teaching to do, but like said if Troy Williamson had not of dropped those balls then TJack would be looking so much better as a QB.
    then again the only way to prove it is to do better this season the guy's in charge have done well in the offseason so far, now the player's on the field need to do some hard work too.
    8)

    8) crazyB that s Mr crazyB to you 8)

  8. #8
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Jackson, Frerotte, Booty: Vikings looking better under center

    "Schutz" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Good article, nice to see some positive things about our QB's for once.
    You just want to see Booty in action!
    :P
    Everybody loves and wants to see Booty!
    ;D
    Yeah...but she wants to see BOOTY's booty.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  9. #9
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Jackson, Frerotte, Booty: Vikings looking better under center

    The interesting thing I have seen is all the articles that are about praising the Vikes selecting Booty. Despite him being a fifth round pick he seems to gained for more interest out of any of our picks this year. Sounds like TJ is going to be pushed in Training Camp to get himself set for the season, definitely a make or break season for him.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  10. #10
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Jackson, Frerotte, Booty: Vikings looking better under center

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    The interesting thing I have seen is all the articles that are about praising the Vikes selecting Booty. Despite him being a fifth round pick he seems to gained for more interest out of any of our picks this year. Sounds like TJ is going to be pushed in Training Camp to get himself set for the season, definitely a make or break season for him.
    Reason why Booty is getting all the attention is T Johnson is a DB, and we've brought in Madieu (too many Williams to use the surname) and Boulware, plus the existing players didn't have as poor a year as TJ did.
    Same with Guion at DT.... Williams's were Pro Bowlers
    Sullivan will be behind Birk .... Pro Bowler
    JJ at WR...
    if we didn't have more than enough receivers on the roster... he will just be fighting for a spot.

    Thus, Booty being a QB, coming out of USC, having won 2 Rose Bowls, etc.
    combined with TJ's struggles last year makes it a HOT TOPIC
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Childress discusses Jackson - Frerotte may start
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 05:57 PM
  2. If Jackson can't go, Frerotte will be ready
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 10:36 AM
  3. Brooks, Frerotte, or Booty someone has to go.
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 11:29 PM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 03:25 PM
  5. Jackson Vs. Booty: Who Will The Vikings Benefit More From?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 02:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •