Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: It's Their Plan, And They're Sticking To It (All Read this one)

"cogitans" wrote:
    [size=13pt]It's Their Plan, And They're Sticking To It[/size]

To those who question their free-agent signings — and there are plenty who do — the Vikings say they are making all the right moves.

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

"Out of the four guys we targeted," Vikings vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman said, "we landed three."
    Spielman said Wade has "functional speed," and his reputation for dropping the ball is inaccurate.

"The issue he had in Chicago was muffed punts and fumbles after the punt," Spielman said. "It never had anything to do from the receiver standpoint. We (watched) all his catches in Tennessee, and he didn't have a drop."
    Spielman described Wade as the "next-best option" to Curtis, who apparently received an impressive offer from the Vikings.

"It won't be because of what we've done. It'll be the player's decision," Spielman said. "He'll see where is the best fit for him. We don't have control over that."
    There are much more interesting information in the article if you click the link.
    functional speed LOL, that's great!
    hilarious!
    The dude is 5-10, he better be REALLY fast....oh wait, he's not really.
    What a grrrreat pickup!
    LMAO

"defensiveplaymaker1" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

To those who question their free-agent signings — and there are plenty who do — the Vikings say they are making all the right moves.

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

"Out of the four guys we targeted," Vikings vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman said, "we landed three."
    Spielman said Wade has "functional speed," and his reputation for dropping the ball is inaccurate.

"The issue he had in Chicago was muffed punts and fumbles after the punt," Spielman said. "It never had anything to do from the receiver standpoint. We (watched) all his catches in Tennessee, and he didn't have a drop."
    Spielman described Wade as the "next-best option" to Curtis, who apparently received an impressive offer from the Vikings.

"It won't be because of what we've done. It'll be the player's decision," Spielman said. "He'll see where is the best fit for him. We don't have control over that."
    There are much more interesting information in the article if you click the link.
    hilarious!
    What a grrrreat pickup!
    LMAO
    Do you believe speed is the most important thing for a receiver to possess?

The Vikes found out otherwise with Troy "Overpowered by the Force of Gravity on the Football" Williamson.

Cris Carter wasn't a burner.
    How'd he work out?

Because agents infuse a lot of hype in the press about their players, that doesn't translate to success by their client in all or any systems employed by various NFL teams.
    Wiggins was dropped from the Vikes roster, although he could still play well for many teams, because his skills didn't fit the WCO system.
    The Vikings front office are trying to get young players who fit the WCO or T2 system requirements, and who will be productive for more than one or two years, to ensure a lengthy period of championship contention.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

douginc is offline Starter

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

hilarious!
    What a grrrreat pickup!
    LMAO

The Vikes found out otherwise with Troy "Overpowered by the Force of Gravity on the Football" Williamson.

How'd he work out?

Because agents infuse a lot of hype in the press about their players, that doesn't translate to success by their client in all or any systems employed by various NFL teams.
    Wiggins was dropped from the Vikes roster, although he could still play well for many teams, because his skills didn't fit the WCO system.
    The Vikings front office are trying to get young players who fit the WCO or T2 system requirements, and who will be productive for more than one or two years, to ensure a lengthy period of championship contention.
    That's exactly right.
    According to combine numbers, Jerry Rice wouldn't even go first round.
    Quickness and agility are FAR more important than pure 40 burner numbers.
    Michael Bennet had better 40 numbers than most of the RBs in the league.
    I'd always choose Chester Taylor over him.

40 is truly overrated.
    I'd always rather draft the 'football guy'.
    The guy who just knows how to play the game.
    I'm not saying Shiancoe (?) or Wade are the football guys or not, I'm just saying you cannot judge them by their old combine numbers.

Also, I saw the "Vikings Live" on FSN North and they showed a few clips of the two players.
    I actually hated our pickup of Wade before, but after the video, he really did look very solid.
    I know anyone can look good in a short highlight clip, but he had sound fundamentals.
    He caught with his hands, pulled the ball in extremely quickly, and had very good footwork.
    Did anyone else see that episode?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be an excellent receiver next year.

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

hilarious!
    What a grrrreat pickup!
    LMAO

How'd he work out?

uh, i didn't say speed was the only thing a receiver needs to possess.
    but when a guy is 5'10" 180lbs, he's been a career backup, he muffs kick returns, and talk is he doesn't have the best hands around.
    then yeah, i'd like to hear that he at least has speed.
    he probly won't be able to get off the line clean because of his lack of size....he won't be able to probly out-jump DBs....so yeah, i'd like to hear more than he has functional speed.
    we'll see how he works out i guess....but the fact is that the Vikes had to reach on Wade and pay him more than other teams would because we can't lure a good receiver here because our team sucks right now, our team has made horrible off-season moves the last couple years...except for Hutch last year....and T. Jack is definately FAR from a proven qb.
    cris carter was awesome by the way........and if bobby wade is the next cris carter then great, but i doubt he'd have been let go by his previous two teams if he were that good.

Cris Carter was signed off waivers from Philly for $100.

Sometimes 'values in exchanges' are deceiving.

Speed in a WR is overvalued.
    Cris Carter had 'pedestrian' speed.
    And ponder the epic battle we all saw this past season:
    Gravity vs. Lightning-fast Troy's hands.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Purplexing" wrote:
    Cris Carter was signed off waivers from Philly for $100.

Sometimes 'values in exchanges' are deceiving.

Speed in a WR is overvalued.
    Cris Carter had 'pedestrian' speed.
    And ponder the epic battle we all saw this past season:
    Gravity vs. Lightning-fast Troy's hands.

Even though I can't stand him, T.O. is a very good reciever who isn't known for his speed and one of the greatest ever, Jerry Rice, was no speed demon either...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"The issue he had in Chicago was muffed punts and fumbles after the punt," Spielman said. "It never had anything to do from the receiver standpoint. We (watched) [glow=red,2,300]all his catches in Tennessee, and he didn't have a drop[/glow]."
    [/quote]

does anybody else find this funny, "we watched his catches and he didnt have a drop" if he did drop his catches they wouldnt be catches

I wouldn't be mad about us singing Wade, but for 15 million dollars I have to be skeptical...

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"WINchester" wrote:

"The issue he had in Chicago was muffed punts and fumbles after the punt," Spielman said. "It never had anything to do from the receiver standpoint. We (watched) [glow=red,2,300]all his catches in Tennessee, and he didn't have a drop[/glow]."
    does anybody else find this funny, "we watched his catches and he didnt have a drop" if he did drop his catches they wouldnt be catches
    [/quote]

lol yeah i guess somebody wouldnt be very good on are you smarter than a 5th grader.

it should read we watched all his attempts and he didnt have a drop.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Benet" wrote:
    I'd rather the Vikings sat on their money and went up in the draft or, Shock! Horror!, waited til next year to flash some cash.
    Yeah, but you're a foreigner.
    What do you know?

=Z=
    (Where you been, bud?
    Been missing the English Beat around here!)

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast